Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Best PS3 games that aren't over-popular!

Chakkra

Hey, I'm trying to find games to buy for my PS3 because it's that time again. But I really really hate all of these shooters and action games and gimmicky bullshit that everyone has been eating up the past few years.

I'm looking for more of an indie or small company RPG or action/adventure type related experience that most people wouldn't have thought to play or think would be awful but surprisingly turned out to be very fun.

These are my favorite types. Any help?

Eternal Sonata (RPG)
Star Ocean: The Last Hope: International (RPG)
Valkyria Chronicles (RPG/Shooter/Tatics)

You can also buy some great playstation one classics!
Suikoden I (RPG) (Sadly Suikoden II isn't released on psn.)
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy IX

There really haven't been a whole lot of rpg out this generation and most are western type.

@Anna:

> Fixed that for you.

I don't know about that. You obviously are not a hardcore RPG player like myself, I've went through so many SNES roms and none of them were that great. Chrono Trigger, Wild Arms II, and Breath of Fire III (god that's a master piece) were my three favorite 2D games they were all on the PlayStation 1\. There's nothing great on the SNES except Super Mario Bros, Final Fantasy 4/6, and a few others. There's nothing that comes close to the PlayStation I games, still is the best overall in games.

Not to mention that there are tons of 3D ones that have completely amazing game play. Such as Final Fantasy 7, Super Mario 64 (best mario ever made) Turrok, 3D Castlevania, Tomb Raider, and many others.

@Helladen:

> Chrono Trigger… on the PlayStation 1.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrono_Trigger
One of the best, if not, the best RPG was originally made for the SNES.
Personally like Breath of Fire 2 the best, I haven't played 4 though.
PS1 does have a lot of good RPGs, but so does the SNES, mostly comes down to personal opinion there.

Sorry Chakkra, but the PS3 doesn't have a lot of great games for it, All I usually buy for mine are fighting games, Disgaea, InFamous 1&2(Amazing game by the way) and Darksiders(looking forward to the sequel).  There is also MSG but I was never able to get into the series.  There are the multiplatform games but I'm not sure if your just looking for PS3 Exclusives or not.

PS. Final Fantasy 8 > 7

Your right, it is a hard debate there. SNES and PS1 are neck and neck. When I wrote this I forgot that Final Fantasy 4/6 were rated higher than 7 (although opinions differ on the individual) and the original Chrono Trigger was released on SNES. Along with many other titles, such as Mario RPG/etc.

I thought Breath of Fire II was close to III. But II's characters were a little worse (storyline was pretty bare in II), but both had awesome characters who will be remembered throughout RPG history.

@Helladen:

> I don't know about that. You obviously are not a hardcore RPG player like myself, I've went through so many SNES roms and none of them were that great. Chrono Trigger, Wild Arms II, and Breath of Fire III (god that's a master piece) were my three favorite 2D games they were all on the PlayStation 1\. There's nothing great on the SNES except Super Mario Bros, Final Fantasy 4/6, and a few others. There's nothing that comes close to the PlayStation I games, still is the best overall in games.
>
> Not to mention that there are tons of 3D ones that have completely amazing game play. Such as Final Fantasy 7, Super Mario 64 (best mario ever made) Turrok, 3D Castlevania, Tomb Raider, and many others.

You never played ActRaiser, SoulBlazer, Secret of Mana, Seiken Densetsu 3, Ogre Battle 5, or Inindo: Way of the Ninja, I take it. Also, BoF 2 > all BoFs. Also, Chrono Trigger is an SNES game.

But actually I was wrong too, as the PC has always had the best role-playing games. Ultima 4 and Morrowind > everything else.

• 2 weeks later...
Best ps3 games in 2011 are as follows:
Metal Gear Solid - Rising
Dead Island
Mass Effect 3
Killzone 3 Teaser
RAGE
Uncharted 3
Infamous 2
Resistance 3

All the games are very exciting with great story..please try.

@grant2madsen:

> Best ps3 games in 2011 are as follows:
> Metal Gear Solid - Rising
> Dead Island
> Mass Effect 3
> Killzone 3 Teaser
> RAGE
> Uncharted 3
> Infamous 2
> Resistance 3
>
> All the games are very exciting with great story..please try.

Rofl spambot.

@Anna:

> LOL feed the enemy's princess so she gets fatter and harder to move!
> ![](http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v400/annacomnena/avatars/xxrotflmao.gif)

Its true too. If you dont feed her the speed they can move while carrying her is significant. While shes fat if they pick her up it can take 30 seconds to even get out of the prison cell she is in.