Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[EO 2.0] Advanced Doors, Keys, and Switches V3.0

RyokuHasu

Okay, Ryoku. I finally had the time to re-install it. I have it installed with the warps still warping. I'm not sure what happened my first two installations, but I think it was me accidentally replacing the wrong code. Thanks for the tut, I love it!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get this problem whenever I try to compile. What did I do wrong with that step?
[![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/811dcbaa91bc0af1daa70bedb724d710.PNG)](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/#811dcbaa91bc0af1daa70bedb724d710.PNG)

@Jungle
Well you didnt put that part in the right spot.. this part
>! ' door
                If frmEditor_Map.optDoor.Value Then
                    .Type = TILE_TYPE_DOOR
                    .Data1 = DoorEditorNum
                    .Data2 = 0
                    .Data3 = 0
              End If
should go a little further down under this

>! ' resource
                If frmEditor_Map.optResource.Value Then
                    .Type = TILE_TYPE_RESOURCE
                    .Data1 = ResourceEditorNum
                    .Data2 = 0
                    .Data3 = 0
                End If
replacing the old door code

Thanks for the help guys! I'm getting another error with FrmEditor_Doors. I'm guessing it's because I didn't name a frm correctly, but I'm not sure. It's on that part where you tell us to add that code to the bottom of modGameEditors.
[![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/d178ac55877eaffe7d08bf87855ebdba.PNG)](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/#d178ac55877eaffe7d08bf87855ebdba.PNG)

@RyokuHasu:

> @Jungle: Did you add In the Editor correctly? Its saying that the Editor doesn't exist in your project, I included it in the attachment and gave a link to it in the tut.

I'm almost positive I added it… that's odd. I have two projects running (dev and unaltered), so I probably added it to the wrong project. My bad. Thanks for being so helpful though.

i really want to use this door thingy soooo badly but im getting an error on that extremely long code u had me put in the case dir area…. its on all four directions it gives me this error... im tryna fix it on my own but it dont seem to work... heres a pic...

=_= ~~and which one is that?~~

Never ming i found it on google, Subscript out of range. Hmmmm…

ok, when the error happens and the line is highlighted drag your mouse over each part of the line slowly, it will start showing you what every value is, when you get to the part that fills in as then tell me that one single part.

=/ because since every one else has no problems with it, its either the version of EO your using, or you installed it wrong.

lol i meant fresh eo2.0

and anyway i finally added it all(went some places >.>) so sorry it took a while to get to u again…
i probably should explained a lil more about the prob... its if i try to use a key or walk on a switch from the south side of attribute... and the left one it gives me that error... the top and right side dont seem to do that...
and about that thing u were tellin me... the only stuff that comes up is index = 1 on each index word... and on bright red it sais brightred = 12
any clue what my prob is?

ALSO i forgot to add it seems if i take out that yellow line it doesnt give me that problem but it will give me another error on actually using the switch >.>

x.x I have no idea what to tell you =/  That chunk of code was just improvised at the last minute. I cant really say its my fault because others say it works perfectly. Sorry to tell you this, and not even I want to say it, you might want to give up on doors for right now.

lol it looks to me like that part is only a messege? is it possible to just make it not give a messege? X.X i dont even want a messege in there anyway… could i just delete that line altogether and not have an issue?

EDIT: forgot to say, i can do with the error on the switch all i gotta do is put directional block since they shouldnt walk on it anyway... but the key is only one having that prob now.

• 2 weeks later...
so if you walk onto a switch tile i get a subscript out of range 9 server side,  however if i set blocks and just interact with it, it works fine.  duno if that was me or just not added yet.

and when you make a door, exit the game and go back in your door is gone.