Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[EO 2.0] Advanced Doors, Keys, and Switches V3.0

RyokuHasu

@RyokuHasu:

> Oh Im sorry, do you have a better door system?
>
> If you do, take pride in it then leave.
>
> If you don't, Take mine and say "thank you".
>
> its just a tut, a long and complex one, but still just a TuT, nothing to bash.
>
> Also im not saying WOOHOo generic!  Of course people still have to make some custom features for them selves.

lol… Alright, I'll get right on that. Did it ever occur to you that I might actually follow my own advice. I make the puzzles and dungeons as I need them. I don't need generic systems for basic things. ;)

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Captain:

> Long? Complex?

Long, Yes, It maxed out the Post Character Cap, I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW WE HAD ONE!

Complex, ok you got me, thats a bit of an over statment, but since i crammed several things into one tile the movement was a bit complex in my defence.

We all done with the Negitive now?

@RyokuHasu:

> Long, Yes, It maxed out the Post Character Cap, I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW WE HAD ONE!
>
> Complex, ok you got me, thats a bit of an over statment, but since i crammed several things into one tile the movement was a bit complex in my defence.

I'll repeat what I say to evilbunnie on a daily basis. If it seems hard, you're doing it wrong.

@Azure:

> I'll repeat what I say to evilbunnie on a daily basis. If it seems hard, you're doing it wrong.

Complex and hard are not the same thing. >.>

Complex: composed of many interconnected parts; compound; composite

Hard: difficult to do or accomplish; fatiguing; troublesome

@RyokuHasu:

> Complex and hard are not the same thing. >.>
>
> Complex: composed of many interconnected parts; compound; composite
>
> Hard: difficult to do or accomplish; fatiguing; troublesome

You're trying to turn a comment into a literal statement. I'll rephrase it for you so you can't change it.

If it is too complex for you at any given time then you are doing it wrong.

Using the definisions I just gave you, you are still using the words as if they mean the same thing.

Also, no its not "Hard" for me to do, I see it in my head long before i even reach my computer. And it works really well, so what exactly am i doing wrong? hmm?

don't answer…  I just wana drop this and let the people who want this to have it.

@RyokuHasu:

> Using the definisions I just gave you, you are still using the words as if they mean the same thing.
>
> Also, no its not "Hard" for me to do, I see it in my head long before i even reach my computer. And it works really well, so what exactly am i doing wrong? hmm?
>
> don't answer…  I just wana drop this and let the people who want this to have it.

LOL

Wow, why don't you guys either hop of his topic or say something nice. He's giving a tutorial on adding something he figured out. Hard or not, doesn't matter. Like he said, if you can make a better one go and do so instead of starting something useless on this topic. >.>

Anyway, not bad ryoku.

I installed this and I just noticed one thing after I compiled it… All the warps I had no longer work? I had three warps, 1 on map 1(leads to map 15... it's a lift type warp) and 2 on map 15(lift to 1 and path to 14...) and none of the three work. On the attributes, they are all still there in the proper places, they just don't warp. I'm wondering if this is a bug in your code or if it was a bug created by me during installation?

@KaosKaizer:

> I installed this and I just noticed one thing after I compiled it… All the warps I had no longer work? I had three warps, 1 on map 1(leads to map 15... it's a lift type warp) and 2 on map 15(lift to 1 and path to 14...) and none of the three work. On the attributes, they are all still there in the proper places, they just don't warp. I'm wondering if this is a bug in your code or if it was a bug created by me during installation?

To me it works percectly.
All the warps still working as well
Try to install again.

everything is working for me also i had a mistake and deleted some stuff so i had to re do the tut but everything is working now… This mod is very helpful thanks for the release bro. i disagree with azure this will help alot of ppl and im already adding stuff to it to make the puzzles different…

@KaosKaizer:

> I installed this and I just noticed one thing after I compiled it… All the warps I had no longer work? I had three warps, 1 on map 1(leads to map 15... it's a lift type warp) and 2 on map 15(lift to 1 and path to 14...) and none of the three work. On the attributes, they are all still there in the proper places, they just don't warp. I'm wondering if this is a bug in your code or if it was a bug created by me during installation?

O.o … are you using EO 2.0? other that that I have NO idea what you might have done wrong. Sorry.

Also, thanks every one who supports my tut. I worked hard for nothing but some good words and credit. ^_^

@RyokuHasu:

> O.o … are you using EO 2.0? other that that I have NO idea what you might have done wrong. Sorry.

Yeah, I'm using EO 2.0.
I think I might have borked it somehow, but I'm not sure where I could have. It's not a stock EO 2.0, if that makes a difference. I'm using Captain Wabbit's Ranged/projectiles script as well, so I overlayed the edits in this tutorial on that, if that might be the problem. Other than the ranged script, it's all stock.

::EDIT::
I tried reinstallation, and I received the same problem. If it's not a compatibility issue with the projectiles script(which, I don't think that's the problem), then I'm thinking I replaced something I shouldn't have. I'm not sure. I'll restore it to a vanilla EO and see if that fixes the problem, and if not, then it's definitely a UCE on my end.

x.x well… does his screw with the movement like mine dose? cause that would be the only place that this messes with that, and Even Im still getting all my warps going to the same place.

I'm sorry but i really cant help of its not an "error" and others arn't having the same problem. Since others claim its "perfect" its not a problem on my end ... x.x im really sorry That i cant help much.

Nope I saw no screwing with player movement like mine =P… Im really at a loss to tell you what to do or even help.

@RyokuHasu:

> KaosKaizer… Best I can say is get a new copy and redo both...

As RyokuHasu said, get a new copy and redo. Remember to do backups before any change.
I tried the projectiles and this door system and both works perfectly.