Find results in...

How I fail…

aaaron

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, the flag just sucks and badly placed. Also, did you start over? Doesn't look like it. Usually when you're going for a logo like that people put a background texture with a border… Like the WoW logo. One more thing, are you trying to make gold text?

How about giving the text's outline a color? It looks bad just being black like that. I know it's a hairline but I will look tons better if you color it with a darker tone of that gold you used in text. Better evenm gradient it.

@Socuine:

> ![](http://www.ambershire.net/user/socks/logos/kero_kingdom.png)
>
> PSD: http://www.ambershire.net/user/socks/logos/kero_kingdom_logo_psd.psd

This is just me, but this is worse than anything he's posted here.

@Wraith:

> Then you're an idiot.

All I see there is two fonts with a gradient, a lighting bolt that has zero use in the logo, and his name plastered at the bottom. Any moron can slap some effects on text and call it a logo. Secondly what did his posting that have to do with the thread? It's about what noodles is trying to do.

@Navi:

> All I see there is two fonts with a gradient, a lighting bolt that has zero use in the logo, and his name plastered at the bottom. Any moron can slap some effects on text and call it a logo.

All noodles has is a gradient and a border…

@Navi:

> This is just me, but this is worse than anything he's posted here.

inb4 your blind.

It has some nice bevel effects, a slight glow, and a nice shine going on.  I mean, it doesn't really fit in with the thread but it's not a bad logo.

@Navi:

> Oh look computers have zoom features. <__<

I was kidding.  Obviously you can see well enough.  Sorry for offending you if I did.

Anyways, I suggest you start over completely.  Like azure said, try and do a flag of sorts, but not a conventional flag like you did, more like a tapestry with a crest or design of some sort on it.  Take an image like this:
![](http://static.photaki.com/Medieval-flag--coat-of-arms-193335.jpg)
then rotate it so it's horizontal and set it as the background.  Then incorporate text into it in a stylish fashion.  When you start over, I suggest you REALLY start over and try a completely new style of text.

@asdfawef:

> I was kidding.  Obviously you can see well enough.  Sorry for offending you if I did.
>
> Anyways, I suggest you start over completely.  Like azure said, try and do a flag of sorts, but not a conventional flag like you did, more like a tapestry with a crest or design of some sort on it.  Take an image like this:
> ![](http://static.photaki.com/Medieval-flag--coat-of-arms-193335.jpg)
> then rotate it so it's horizontal and set it as the background.  Then incorporate text into it in a stylish fashion.  When you start over, I suggest you REALLY start over and try a completely new style of text.

Holy fudge, you found a much better representation of what I was suggesting. Kudos

Lmfao. First of all, it's one font, it's called regular type and bold type. Second, it's not just "gradient". It uses Bevel and Emboss, Inner Shadow, Drop Shadow, Bevel and Emboss. Third, I made this for him a year ago when he requested so, thus my action to post it here including the PSD.

Now, let's quit the arguements and just help this guy.

no, take one banner and turn it on its side.  Then try a bunch of different effects on the banner and on the text till you get something that looks good.  You can put stuff on the banner to make it look better, but if you do something too fancy it might distract from the eye.