Find results in...

How I fail…

aaaron

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The colour is just bad from the start. You can only improve something so much if the original palette is bad.

Play around with it some more. Throw some gradients on it.

Oh, and a logo needs to be more than your game name written in a big font. Do something original with it.

@Robin:

> The colour is just bad from the start. You can only improve something so much if the original palette is bad.
>
> Play around with it some more. Throw some gradients on it.
>
> Oh, and a logo needs to be more than your game name written in a big font. Do something original with it.

He said he was going for 'the simple look'. I made my observations based on that. lol

@N00DLES:

> ![](http://i.imgur.com/X5QyU.png)
>
> Don't know if it looks better, IMO, it does, but it has some lighting.

It looks much better to me. At this point I'd consider what Robin said. Spice the logo up a bit

The 'simple look' doesn't mean you can get away without doing any actual graphical work. There are tons of tutorials on how to make fonts look good on the internet. I suggest you use a few of those rather than just blindly screwing around in Photoshop.

@Robin:

> The 'simple look' doesn't mean you can get away without doing any actual graphical work. There are tons of tutorials on how to make fonts look good on the internet. I suggest you use a few of those rather than just blindly screwing around in Photoshop.

You make me laugh so hard sometimes. I can't really argue with you, since what I do know how to do in photoshop I learned from tutorials. :D

Tell ya the truth….When I started the project in decemeber, 'Kero' just sorta came to me and was a place somewhere off in the wild that wasn't known to man...lol, and then today I went and looked up the word kero and it's a damn cartoon animal type thing.. o.O

But, Kero used in Kero Kingdom is a place in the middle of the ocean with 2 small kingdoms that are several hundered miles away from each other, this was all when I first started the project...

Here's what google say's a 'Kero' is..

>! ![](http://dillynaz.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/kero1.gif)

Also, I tried out this thing…The color from the old logo, deleted the subtitle and kept the castle.

![](http://i.imgur.com/YmNtR.png)

Hmm, that gives me an idea. So you have two separate kingdoms? Why not work Flags or tarps representing each kingdom into the logo? I wasn't sure what to call what I'm talking about so here's a reference from google.

>! ![](http://www.amazingpartythemes.com/photos/medbanER4.jpg)

I like the yellow much better than the gray. :D

@Robin:

> Delete everything and start again from scratch. Take what you've learnt and use it later on.
>
> Believe me. You'll find out very soon how refreshing it is to start on a blank canvas.

I agree with this. Make each new thing from scratch. Never reuse the same bits, unless you're only making slight changes.

@Robin:

> Delete everything and start again from scratch. Take what you've learnt and use it later on.
>
> Believe me. You'll find out very soon how refreshing it is to start on a blank canvas.

@Navi:

> I agree with this. Make each new thing from scratch. Never reuse the same bits, unless you're only making slight changes.

Ok, thanks for the advice.