Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. Is your body ready?

azure

As people have noticed, Pryex and I are /very/ excited about the next installment to the Zelda Franchise.  So this is the /unofficial/ discussion thread. Since there is only so much info available for the game feel free to comment on other games in the series, and even ideas you hope to see in the game.

-Hey Listen! My fairy is Ready!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright I'm the expert on this subject. I will be postingnews as it happens, and I'll return later and add big points to the topic covering things such as the item upgrade system, or the non-linear dungeons, or the two massive overworlds!

@Hero:

> Alright I'm the expert on this subject. I will be postingnews as it happens, and I'll return later and add big points to the topic covering things such as the item upgrade system, or the non-linear dungeons, or the two massive overworlds!

I'm curious to hear how the item upgrade system will work. Is it an expansion like how you can get large quivers or wallets, or something deeper?

You find items, and you can use them to upgrade your gear, such as your shield and your beetle. There's not much on it yet, but apparently items upgrade a lot.

Shields break now(you can carry spares), and there are supposedly MANY types of shield for you to use.

@Hero:

> You find items, and you can use them to upgrade your gear, such as your shield and your beetle. There's not much on it yet, but apparently items upgrade a lot.
>
> Shields break now(you can carry spares), and there are supposedly MANY types of shield for you to use.

Oooh, that actually sounds like it will be fun.

@Hero:

> You find items, and you can use them to upgrade your gear, such as your shield and your beetle. There's not much on it yet, but apparently items upgrade a lot.
>
> Shields break now(you can carry spares), and there are supposedly MANY types of shield for you to use.

I hope it doesn't become generic like so many other games.  I liked how the special items were limited, and it was very special to get a new one.

Link better have a fairy.

@asdfawef:

> I hope it doesn't become generic like so many other games.  I liked how the special items were limited, and it was very special to get a new one.
>
> Link better have a fairy.

It would actually be pretty cool if you met navi. It would explain some things….

@Hero:

> Alright I'm the expert on this subject.

Heheh, you have not met my sister. She is the ultimate die hard fan of LOZ. She has beeten every game multiple times (with EVERYTHING 100%), she is a walking LOZ-pedia, and she can give you the newest info in her sleep. Not to mention she has a hand made link cosplay that she made, a real master sword and shield, and MANY other merchandise items.

lol

But, On topic, I can't wait to play the game myself, after my sister beats the game in 2 days, then screws around for a month taking all the details, then i will get to play.

@RyokuHasu:

> Heheh, you have not met my sister. She is the ultimate die hard fan of LOZ. She has beeten every game multiple times (with EVERYTHING 100%), she is a walking LOZ-pedia, and she can give you the newest info in her sleep. Not to mention she has a hand made link cosplay that she made, a real master sword and shield, and MANY other merchandise items.
>
> lol
>
> But, On topic, I can't wait to play the game myself, after my sister beats the game in 2 days, then screws around for a month taking all the detail, then i will get to play.

Talking point that is important: Many of the /zelda/ swords and shields that can be purchased are for display only and therefore don't count as "real". On the other hand anything that is not plastic is usually a win to me.

@Skull:

> I hope it doesn't become generic like so many other games.  I liked how the special items were limited, and it was very special to get a new one.
>
> Link better have a fairy.

He doesn't have a fairy. His guide is named Phi and is the spirit of the Skyward Sword. She talks like a robot.

@RyokuHasu:

> Wind waker had The King of Lions (the talking boat), thank GAWD he didn't follow you on land.
>
> That might be why you dont remember an annoying "Thing" there.

:D I think I just /phased/ the boat parts of the game out of my head. My youngest sister and I got so bored while collect triforce shards we actually had came up with a dumb game we played every time we got a chest. :D

@Navi:

> :D I think I just /phased/ the boat parts of the game out of my head. My youngest sister and I got so bored while collect triforce shards we actually had came up with a dumb game we played every time we got a chest. :D

I didn't find that part too annoying, I just did other stuff in between like mini games, which there were quite a few in TWW.

![](http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-qxUdGOBrFNU/Td_NHeEf5_I/AAAAAAAABIA/gZ_QGAv3w8g/s1600/Tingle.jpg)
Hai guys! What's up in this thread? Let me post this image so you can never again look in here and feel comfortable about yourself.