Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Looking to pay for an experianced person in VB6 ( Hired someone )

lel

There are no people here who are experience in VB6\. Luckily for you following a tutorial requires basic understanding of a computer and language and that's it.

Be _very_ weary when paying people to do things. Most people here would much rather rip you off than do their job properly.

Thank you very much for the suggestion Robin, there really isn't much more I can say, other then, how can you make sure your work is completed the way you like, before you pay (without causing them much hassle?) I was thinking a youtube video or at at least screenshots…. What do you think?

@lel:

> Thank you very much for the suggestion Robin, there really isn't much more I can say, other then, how can you make sure your work is completed the way you like, before you pay (without causing them much hassle?) I was thinking a youtube video or at at least screenshots…. What do you think?

Don't trust anyone who doesn't have any reputation, don't trust anyone who's in bad standing with the administration and don't trust that people will have a conscience.

Personally I've never had to prove anything when doing paid work. I have a reputation.

In situations where one or both members have no reputation I'd suggest a trusted middle man for a small fee.

TianaJRP…..... Really, if I had wanted to talk price on here, I would have done so. But I told everyone to contact me via PM. What I'm willing to pay isn't something I just wanted to throw out there. What if the amount I was willing to pay wasn't enough for the people on here? Then they wouldn't even bother contacting me. When I would be willing to work out a price and talk to them about it. Luckly what I was willing to pay was pretty close to most of the offers I was given. So it isn't such a big deal this time...

The person I pay for this will also get future employment from me. I'm currently working with someone on this project. I haven't asked to close this topic because the work has not been finished and I have not paid anyone for it yet.

Really? People are charging that much for adding tutorials?

How about this, I'll add those tutorials in for that amount and seen as though everyone else is trying to rip you off I'll also fix all the bugs in EO for you free of charge.

Hell, I'll also add in my 3D sound and music system. You should be getting about 3 hours of real programming work for that amount of money, not 20 minutes of copying & pasting. Pretty astounding what people think they can charge for this shit.

Drop me a PM if you're interested.

I guess I'm too late now with what Robin is offering. I've been helping out a few people with code and adding in tutorials for free and as you were willing to pay I would charge you at most £10 for all of that, seriously 40 for something that probably wouldn't take more than two hours is a complete rip off.

To be perfectly honest they shouldn't be charging anything for a bit of copy and pasting work. Money should only be involved if it's required to clean up issues with the systems or sort out compatibility issues.

I can see a couple of things I'd need to do to fix those tutorials, but not enough to warrant the £25 price tag.

£10 would be fair for the time spent or keep the price the same and throw in a couple of goodies to at least double the time spent to make the payment fair.

lel, I highly suggest you consider who you're willing to trust not to rip you off if you're looking for someone to do work for you. As I said before, there are only a half-dozen or so people here who can even program properly… whether they'd bother doing paid work or not is another story altogether.

I'm more than happy to take in a list of features you want and I'll give you a quote. Keep in mind I won't take on all work, and if a system seems silly or dangerous to the engine as a whole then I'll refuse to add it in.

@Robin
I'm a loyal person. I've already told this person they would get paid for their services ( should they finish.) I'm giving them until the end of today to finish. If they have not finished by the end of today I'll gladly take you on. As you were the only other person recommended to me by someone else. As for the price, **if they have not finished**, you will get paid as much as I offered them; even thou, you are willing to take less. Consider it a donation.

This job is now open again. I'd also like to see the following stat changes.

Endrance:
Adds to your base armor rating at [END * 2]   NOT AGI,  Adds to your base armour rating at [AGI * 2]
I'm guessing armour rating is what you call defense.

Intelligence:
Adds to your spell damage at [INT / 2]

Spells have a critical rate based off of WILL. Criticals for Spells will do 40% damage more then normal.
Adds to your base spell critical rate at [WILL / 52.08]

First person to finish the job test for bugs, can show me prove of the work done (without any major bugs best type of proof is a video IMO), and added the fixes Robin mentioned above, gets paid 45$ USD

If your serious about getting paid you'll do the work, have it tested with prove of work done bug free before PMing me. So far a few people have said they can do it, and it would be easy, but evidence shows otherwise.

And guess what? I get paid soon and will want more work done. I wonder who I'll go to first?
What do I mean "major bugs?" well I ran into a quest system that displays a number wronger on your progress of a "killing" quest. I.E, it meant 1/4 but would show 1/3 That wouldn't bug me at all…. I ran into a pet system thou, where if you died before your pet and went back to the map you died in, the map you spawned in and the map you went back to would merge graphics and even warps would merge together. Thats a problem… I saw someone has a problem where casting a spell using NPC spells would show the animation in the top left of their screen or something thats a little bit too big a of a problem then I'd like too. If there is a small little bug in it like the first one I mention, I'll live...

Those stat changes I requested are not exactly top of my list. Right now, I've waited two days for what everyone says should have been a couple hours of work. So I'm ready to start making my game. Bug free, work done quickly, and proof are important here.

Alright, I'm in need of money since school started so I'll do some coding for you and we can talk about price. I don't like most of the tutorials because they're unstable and/or inefficient. I'll put them in if you really want them.

I'll do anything that is copy/paste and edit them if needed for really cheap. However, for something that is a bit harder, such as a second socket system or MySQL integration, I'll ask for a higher price. I have quite a few unique features I'm interested in selling and some feature I learned from Robin. I don't feel good about selling the feature that Robin taught me but I desperately need money.

Some example:
- Custom Graphic Extension + Compression/Encryption
- Auto-Tile System using RMXP expanded sheet. Not the same as CS:DE, totally different. Won't affect FPS in any way.

If you want to talk over MSN, mine is [email protected]

Sincerely,
Rithy

You've gone around this completely the wrong way. The topic is convoluted and confusing. You have a closed job offer at the top and an open one at the bottom. You don't post to say when you've hired someone, then post to let everyone know the job is open again.

If you're serious about paying people to work then I suggest you stop hiring every Tom, Dick and Harry and sort out your thread. You're confusing everyone here.