Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[W.I.P] Future 3D mmorpg [hiring]

frankpetrov

So after some time of actually partially thinking some things through, I have decided to stop working on my game in PHP and move on. I will try to keep some updates here on progress of what's happening, plans, and possibly even betas for some people, if things are going good like I hope. Below is what I have so far. None of this is final quite yet, just possibilities.

Storyline:

>! Days after a brutal attack on the small village of Midland, much evil was released upon the lands of Escana. Monsters everywhere were appearing from unknown sources and causing meyhem across the lands. However, one small child had grown to become a hero. A small farmer's boy that no one had ever suspected of being so triumphant in his deeds. After the assassination of the most recent king, there was no heir. Anarchy had reigned the lands with the wealthiest controlling every piece of dust they could grow profit from. However, this small child Edmond Selwyn, now a full grown adult and hero, once a child of peasant farmers, now rules the lands. With his powers, he rose up first removing all those who had only looked to benefit themselves rather than the people. Everything began to be normal once again. The mysterious monsters have either vanished or been killed. Trading, producing, manufacturing, and the general life of a person has once again been restored to normal. However, there was one unknown man who greatly dispised the new King Edmond. A mage who has been alive for over 300 years studying the dark arts has unleashed hell upon Escana. Using this magic, he was able to bring new monsters to the lands that were much worse than ever before. Terrorizing and destroying towns, the full power of this mage was unleashed quickly claiming rule over the peaceful area. With everything happening so quickly and surprising, the king had no idea as to what to do. His army was quickly diminishing and and scattered out through out everywhere defending cities with all of their strength. Now, in need of an army, the King has opened the doors to people around Escana to become their own mercenary and begin taking back the lands.
>! *May be edited or completely remade*

Classes:

>! Pretty original ones i think 
–---------------------------------
Warrior - Axes, Mauls, double axes, etc    | Heavy armor
Priest - Staff, knives healing magic, some hurting magic | Light armor
Necromancer - Staff, daggers, undead powers, dark magic | Light armor
Baron - Swords, bows, throwing knives | Medium armor

Factions?:

>! POSSIBLY WoW style factions where you can be good or bad side, quite doubtful on this but who knows.

team requirements!:

>! First off, there are many requirements as it is a big deal to me and any others who join in on this.
AT LEAST 16(sixteen) years of age
Be able to dedicate at least 2 hours a day/4 days a week (fri-sun is given off unless something big comes up)
Be able to be contacted by others at all times by others in the project
more to be added

Still wish to join up and able to?

>! * Modeler (Milkshape, 3Ds Max, or Blender)
* Web designer
* Texture artist

Towns:

>! Gilead
Sadon
Terrowin
Forthwind
Althalos
Fendrel
Hadrian
Cedany
Gloriana

here's some screen shots of progress so far.

>! ![](http://www.fighttokill.info/gamephotos/charcre1.png)
Create your character here. Of course, I'm not good at all when it comes to modeling hence the huge head and smaller body.
>! ![](http://www.fighttokill.info/gamephotos/charsel1.png)
Here's the character select screen after you login. I'll be trying to come up with a better area for this. I'm not a fan of the room.
>! ![](http://www.fighttokill.info/gamephotos/game1.png)
Here's the actual game world. just my first map. Had to cut off the bottom cause it went through my task bar. Anyway, as you can see, gui, compass, health and most of it is quite basic and needs redone. Texture quality is not too great yet.
>! ![](http://www.fighttokill.info/gamephotos/login1.png)
This is the login screen. Hope to spice it up a little later.

More will be added eventually. If anyone is truly interested at all, please send me a PM and we will be in contact.

You're far better off using RealmCrafter professional rather than Standard.

Realm Crafter standard isn't really supported by the developers these days, and uses DirectX8

Realm Crafter Professional is still updated and worked on, and uses DX9.0c, A C style scripting engine, server clusters and a far better development environment.

Good luck!

Is it really necessary to be 16? I'm only 15, but I've got experience in 3D Modeling and been in a project before (which unfortunately, was discontinued if I'm not mistaken).

Here are some 3D Models I've made before, quite old. If you're not satisfied, you can request something and I'll gladly take on it, it would also serve as a warm-up for me, it's been a long time since I last made a 3D Model. (Using Wings3D though, but files can be exported in different formats, so just tell me what format you want.) Lastly and unfortunately, I'm NOT a texture person. XP Tried before, but epicly failed. So I make up for it for the quality of the models. So finally, here are the samples:

>! ![](http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm34/HaseoTDD/Request1.jpg)
Latest I've made, which is a few months ago, when someone requested me to do it. :D
>! ![](http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm34/HaseoTDD/CHAOSGATE.jpg)
From the project I'm in before.
>! ![](http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm34/HaseoTDD/LUMINACLOTH.jpg)
>! Searched all of these from different forums I've posted these, and in my old photobucket account.

The only model/s I can't make are humans. XP Monsters are possible though, if I put a lot of effort into it.

I'm available to 3-4 hours a day in weekdays, except during examination days which is monthly for 3 days, so during those times, I'm only available maybe 1-3 hours, depending if I get to please people here in our house. XD During weekends though, I'm available almost the whole day. GMT +8 my timezone, in-case you want to know.

I do hope you hire me, even though there's no pay. Experience is a very valuable thing to me (2 years of experience) and uhh.. I hope you don't judge me just by the look of my account. XD Do search the name XFalcon, HaseoTDD, Yamato and Apollo Justice, they are all my ex-names. :D But I'm no forcing you or something like that, haha. Just hoping. :P

@RobJanes:

> You're far better off using RealmCrafter professional rather than Standard.
>
> Realm Crafter standard isn't really supported by the developers these days, and uses DirectX8
>
> Realm Crafter Professional is still updated and worked on, and uses DX9.0c, A C style scripting engine, server clusters and a far better development environment.
>
> Good luck!

Looks pretty damn epic. Id help you out of I could. I'm just not experienced in any of those programs. I used to have them on my PC I think. Never really used them. So in the to the trashbin they went. But good luck! If you can get the gameplay and story line right. It could easily be a very nice game.

As many of you have noted, I haven't posted shit lately. Well that's cause i had a lapse of giving up. :(
As for XJocent, he volunteered to help do some modeling but after sending about 3 pm's, he dropped communication and can no longer be reached so I can only assume he doesn't wish to help. Anyway, of course, I am looking for help still. I really do want to do this. It may not be very big or anything but it doesn't need to be. I plan to have it start small. Maybe only have a level cap of 15, 3 wilderness areas, and 2 towns for the alpha.
I will be *attempting* to make some zones for the towns, wildernesses and such. will hopefully have some screens soon of progress again.

@Gianni:

> 1 word. Hero Engine.

1 word. No.
Lol, sorry dude, no offense, but I have already looked into them and they require you to go through them for all financial transactions. this game will run off of money out of my pocket and once the server is up, donations as well. If I used HeroEngine, they would take 30% of the donations. I have no issue paying for an engine and having it for life with out having to pay the company.

@Gianni:

> Hero Engine is free now, i dont know when you last checked but evidently it was awhile ago.

Its not free. Well it its to develop but once you hit x amount of members or x amount of money they start taking royalty fees. and Hero engine is not free. Hero Cloud is. And its still a hard process for them to approve your game.