What's this?

Rob Janes

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
@Rob:

> I feel very comfortable with the client so far and how it's progressing to give a rough estimate on first testing phases for mid-day on the 28th of November.  As testing is in progress, I can easily add new equipment, weapons, maps and updates via the patcher.  **On December 12th** until January 3rd players can enjoy the Christmas Holiday on Splattered earning Double XP, a Christmas UI, Seasonal weapons and events!

mmm…. today is December 12th...

• 2 weeks later...
Quick question what's going on with this? Haven't heard much for almost 2 weeks. I'm assuming something must be going on (someones on holiday or couldn't work on the project for some such reason) because something this good wouldn't just suddenly be dropped.

**Happy Holidays!**

Seasons Greetings from the development team of Splattered and Samu Games.

On behalf of the indie-team working on Splattered with Samu Games LLC, we'd like to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Beta Applications are now being accepted through our website.  All Beta invitations and Customer Service requests are handled by Samu Games.  You may contact [email protected] for inqueries.

Apply at http://www.splatteredgame.com

There's been a lot of progress on Splattered over the last several weeks, rounds of testing on browser, stand alone and Xbox Live Arcade.  We continue to progress on the game but we are not adhereing to any specific schedule or time line.  We're indies, we work on it when we can!  It is safe to assume you won't have to wait too long before you will be able to get your hands on a copy.

From the team at Splattered, Have a Safe and Wonderful Holiday!

Sincerely,

**Robert A Janes**
[email protected]
Lead Developer / Project Lead
Splattered - An Online Paintball Experience for PC and Xbox Live
www.splatteredgame.com
www.samugames.com/splattered

Our standalone version (built upon Robin's packet system and texture engine for DX8) is near completition.  We have another programmer who's slowly tackling our other engine in Marmalade and C++; but I wouldn't expect this anytime soon.  The standalone version is functional as a downloadable client or playable through your web browser.

@Whack:

> I applied.

Awesome,  I personally won't be dealing with Beta applications or how often they get sent out.  Your application gets automatically sent to Chris who will sort them out and send out invitations as needed.

Looking forward to seeing you on there Whack!

• 2 weeks later...
@Rob:

> Second round of invites going out Tuesday afternoon EST.  Only taking the next 10 applications though for this next wave, looking for dedicated players to test high-level gear and perks.

I'm really wanting to play this! Hope I'm in the next wave. =)

@Justn, that's the plan but don't expect to see it for a while, once this build is done and available for PC/browser, the next step is to get a client created via XNA that will connect to the existing server, same with a client using umbrella sdk.  The great thing is data passed over the Internet can be displayed in any client as long as it has the means of parsing the data and displaying the results.  I have a base UmbrellaSDK client that connects to the existing server but has no UI or anything at this point.  Once the game is playable for PC I'll start tackling other clients to connect to the same server.