Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Battlefield 3

Kusy

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not paying £26.47 on release for this, because my parents are buying it for me for my name-day.

And yeah DD, according to everything people say around the internet about Origin, I already should be serving my sentence or living under a bridge due to lawsuits… because I pirate games like a bad motherfucker I am, with Origin running in the background - all day, everyday, with Payday The Heist being the latest addition. I'm a regular on the BioWare forums… that makes me tired of whining on this matter.

@Anna:

> Aren't you constantly getting banned / warned on the BioWare forums?

On a weekly basis. Mostly for starting console wars and bashing. Once for bypassing the word-filter…
I just can't stay silent when a bunch of turds start seriously talking about how PC-console cross-platform co-op servers would be awesome...

Last time I got banned, I think it was for something like this:
"From a PC player perspective - Taking a child with down syndrome into battle is not my idea of fun"

@Zonova:

> Kusy, i love you :3.
>
> Though, i'm confused as to why it would be bad to have console and pc mixed.

Because my reaction time while using mouse and a keyboard is 10 better than a friggin championship pro gamer's from x360 or PS3 using a gamepad. And that's just what it is. Console players would be still handicapped, even with auto-aim on - cross platform servers are just a bad idea gameplay wise.

Console versions of Left 4 Dead are easier, the PC one has increased zombie spawns and faster AI as far as I'm aware, because a casual console player wouldn't sand a chance against the things a casual PC player is facing on his machine, and I'm not saying that console players are not good enough to play with ME, GLORIOUS PC GAMING MASTER RACE. I'm just saying their hardware won't let them.

In any kind of versus console players would be ganked as shit, in any kind of co-op they would be left behind, struggling with shooting without auto-aim, while everyone else would be waiting for them… most likely resulting in only friends playing cross-platform matches, and still getting a hampered experience from the gameplay perspective.

Consoles in general are the reason games gone absolutely casual, there are no more hard single player games made at all, some are barely challenging. Even when Alice: Madness Returns came out, it's score on some sites was lowered because people were saying it's too hard...

Not to mention PS3 and x360 have no interest in cross platform community.

And to clear things up - I own a PS3\. I believe pads are superior controllers for racing games, fighters and action games like Assassin's Creed and Arkham Asylum. So it's not like I'm hating on consoles just for the sake of hating.

Anyhow, good job for me on derailing my own thread.

The beta was awesome, can't wait to digg into the single player and then multi. Thankfully, it's back to classic Battlefield series, not Bad Company (BC was fine, just too infantry oriented)… so cruisers, carriers, tanks, jets and all that shit are back in numbers. Not to mention the 64 conquest, was fun to play.

Yes, playing one, out of context, assault map from one the entire game's modes that has no real or relevant story, and is entirely multiplayer oriented has ruined my experience. I'm canceling my preorder.

You're basing your herp on what?
Someone's saying that a beta was awesome, and that it hyped him out for the game, and you decide it makes sense to say the beta ruins experiences? Really?

@corporalkitty:

> Why play the beta doesn't it just ruin the experience when you play the real one?

Judging by your signature, you play minecraft.
Minecraft is still in beta.
Won't that ruin the minecraft experience when it is _finally_ released? ;)

Because he throws stupid ideas out of the blue. Then again, addmiting that his argument was stupid already makes him better than half of the internet.

So who's getting the game? I'm in for some co-op action, and since Robin aparently has a problem with EA taking him violently from the back (surprising, I know), I need someone else…

Hey guys, I just found something about the game, on the Battlefield wiki:

> _Additionally, DICE confirmed at the Chicago Comic and Entertainment Expo that the size of multiplayer maps for the console versions of the game would be scaled down due to hardware restrictions, possibly having relation to the smaller player count._

This means my conquest = 64 players… console conquest = 24.

I'm laughing my ass off at the moment, please do not disturb me while I'm at it.

At least there's one developer who got this shit right, I'm pretty much positive that anyone else would just make smaller maps to acomodate the consoles, without additionall effort to change anything on the pc platform...

DICE + 20 respect because they did it.
Every single other cross-platform developer - 20 respect because DICE did it instead of puking out some sorry explanation about how it was impossiburu.