Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Commercial use

pixelspore

EO can handle more than 70 quite easily, it'll come down to your specs of your server but don't expect thousands of players on a single device, you'd need to consider load balancing and perhaps storing player data and environment data across on cloud if you're lookin for something very big, not sure EO or even VB6 is your way to go.

If you are deteremined to stick with VB6, you could always swap out Winsock with a 3rd party socket that handles data a bit more efficently and limitless connections (albeit you'll still want to consider load balancing for something with a lot of players).  Catalyst Socket is one that comes to mind, or Dart.

@Schnurman:

> If it's that big I hope your grammar in the game isnt as bad as your spelling of believe.

soory for my grammar, not my native language.
But anyways in forums i dont correct my mistakes in text coz its not very important as it is in game, but in game we read every text like 3 times till its perfect ;)

@Pixelspore:

> soory for my grammar, not my native language.
> But anyways in forums i dont correct my mistakes in text coz its not very important as it is in game, but in game we read every text like 3 times till its perfect ;)

Seriously, if English is not your native language, give it up. You're not making a 1K player game that's english when you aren't the best at it. It just wont happen

@Whack:

> Seriously, if English is not your native language, give it up. You're not making a 1K player game that's english when you aren't the best at it. It just wont happen

Alternatively, you could target players of your own language.  I recall some very nice Spanish Eclipse games some years ago, had a decent playerbase too.

@Whack:

> Seriously, if English is not your native language, give it up.

If you aren't going to give better advice, then **give up** on trying to advice people.

What you're basically saying is that if someone's native language isn't English, he or she shouldn't even think of making an English game because it won't happen.

This explains everything, no wonder my games always failed. It's because I'm Dutch and not English.

@Whack:

> Seriously, if English is not your native language, give it up. You're not making a 1K player game that's english when you aren't the best at it. It just wont happen

Man you're a ducking idiot. I bet you were a dropout at twelve years old because you decided to "Just give up".

Seriously what kind of comment is that?

@Whack:

Native language does not determines the success level of a game.
@Pixelspore:

> Seriously bealive, i have something big…

Having something big in mind doesn't means it's gonna be actually big.
And getting 1k players with "something" big isn't so easy as you think. Specially, if your game is made with Eclipse. In my opinion, 20-40 players is a lot for a Eclipse-based game.

@nameless_soul:

> Having something big in mind doesn't means it's gonna be actually big.
> And getting 1k players with "something" big isn't so easy as you think. Specially, if your game is made with Eclipse. In my opinion, 20-40 players is a lot for a Eclipse-based game.

Nah, its not in my mind ^^
wow 20-40? i guess they r not game developers then if they cant get more peoples