Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Cube World (Voxel Based, Random Terrain RPG)

SawQuart

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@[THE-KRIS:

> link=topic=76628.msg829331#msg829331 date=1325639496]
> You can get a phd in counter-strike?
>
> ;D

Yes.

New video looks sexy, but I don't like how the blocks break. It kinda makes the game seem less RPGesque and more like a minecraft or Terraria terraformable world.

I love the feel of destruction through attacks…. imagining this when the player uses some sort of destruction-spell later and a big crater is being created seems awesome to me (if the game gets spells..)
just because everyone cries out "minecraft" when seeing blocks, especially blocks that can break nowerdays doesn't make it less awesome...

-seal

@Sealbreaker:

> I love the feel of destruction through attacks…. imagining this when the player uses some sort of destruction-spell later and a big crater is being created seems awesome to me (if the game gets spells..)
> just because everyone cries out "minecraft" when seeing blocks, especially blocks that can break nowerdays doesn't make it less awesome...
>
> -seal

Well, I also think there could be some cool effects when you use a huge spell and destroy half a mountain. The problem is that it means scenery won't be as unique or story driven if you can break it.

I don't know how he's handling it, but it seems to me that the player could end up destroying a whole town and ruining some story opportunities. This isn't necessarily a problem, but I guess I was just hoping the game would go in a different direction.

@Eckhart:

> Well, I also think there could be some cool effects when you use a huge spell and destroy half a mountain. The problem is that it means scenery won't be as unique or story driven if you can break it.
>
> I don't know how he's handling it, but it seems to me that the player could end up destroying a whole town and ruining some story opportunities. This isn't necessarily a problem, but I guess I was just hoping the game would go in a different direction.

I'm sure he wouldn't even have gone to the trouble of programming it if he wasn't sure what he was going to do with it or how it would effect the game's overall gameplay.

I'd like to think that broken ground respawns after some time. That seems like a simple counter.

@MrMiguu:

> I'd like to think that broken ground respawns after some time. That seems like a simple counter.

That I could easily go for… with a bit of work, it could make destroying a town so much more fun. When you destroy it, it'll mostly be rebuilt anyways, so why not?

@ℕḯℊℌ☂☾:

> Cube world is still closed I think I hope it gets back open again! :D

![](http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y23/Alexanderthegreat91/uhmmm.png)

@ℕḯℊℌ☂☾:

> Cube world is still closed I think I hope it gets back open again! :D

Who said it was closed?

@Eckhart:

> New video looks sexy, but I don't like how the blocks break. It kinda makes the game seem less RPGesque and more like a minecraft or Terraria terraformable world.

What? It's impossible for the player to destroy blocks I think. Only trolls are capable of doing that I think. Wollay said that he won't add digging or mining to this game. Also, it's not at all like Minecraft. Think more like Voxeltron.

I'm so happy that his support is growing. When I first found his youtube page he only had 2,000 views. Now he has 33k likes on his Christmas video. All of the comments keep praising his progress.

@Jungle:

> What? It's impossible for the player to destroy blocks I think. Only trolls are capable of doing that I think. Wollay said that he won't add digging or mining to this game. Also, it's not at all like Minecraft. Think more like Voxeltron.

Well, I just assumed that since other enemies could break blocks that the player might be able to break some blocks when he casts huge spells or does powerful attacks.