Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

This is it

Techno 5.0

@MrMiguu:

> The community project(s) that you're referring to are entire different from those of which Eclipse would produce.
>
> Android community projects are many sects of individual projects being brought together to form a large database of many standardized projects that all work on the same base.
>
> An Eclipse project would be a cumulative effort of a community/group focusing on one engine, trying to add things to that one specific engine.

This, and furthermore Android is not a community project:

> Google oversees the development of the core Android open-source platform, and works to create robust developer and user communities.

In other words, Android belongs to Google, not Google's community. Without Google, there is no Android. The inverse is not true, without a community, there is still Android.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Soul:

> This, and furthermore Android is not a community project:
>
> In other words, Android belongs to Google, not Google's community. Without Google, there is no Android. The inverse is not true, without a community, there is still Android.

Sure, they oversee the operating system, but what about applications? Android makes little to no applications. Without their active community, android wuld cease to exist because the app marmket would fizzle out and die.

@Sigridundset:

> Sure, they oversee the operating system, but what about applications? Android makes little to no applications. Without their active community, android wuld cease to exist because the app marmket would fizzle out and die.

Android has a huge community based around every single major mobile phone developer in the world and every developer who wishes to use those mobiles as their release platform.

I have a community of people who use words like 'wuld' in their posts.

I agree with these statements.
Due to this, I have left the community Many times and come back to see if it has changed.
It has changed over time.
In my opinion, it's been getting worse every time I come back.
It's gone from a solid game development forum to one based around 9 years who complain how hard it is to put any effort into a game.
It's harder to have actual conversations now as well, and the community has steered in a shitty, off-topic direction overrun by personal views instead of reality or topical facts.

@Scrooge:

> Android has a huge community based around every single major mobile phone developer in the world and every developer who wishes to use those mobiles as their release platform.
>
> I have a community of people who use words like 'wuld' in their posts.

I'm using the ipad keyboard. Thus I am permitted to make insignificant spelling errors that can later be pointed out by people who search for minute flaws in people. And learn how to use a comma.

I see these same post once every few months… Of course its not the same as the old days, the elderly man at my job tells me that everyday...  just because its not fun and interesting to some members anymore doesn't mean you should bash others especially when most people who complain aren't even developing games or working on a project of some kind.. I personally have never enjoyed this site more than right now.  Sure its a little slow now the engine is not in development anymore and most of your friends are inactive.There is nothing to keep you interested now. Robin said it best with the recent South Park episode(Steamy ray vaughan). That doesn't mean people still aren't having fun and learning. As far as people not helping people that is not true, I receive and give help almost every day. Just because of the few assholes  who bash others (which there are on every forum) there are some really cool people who do this for fun, school, or whatever and they go out of there way to tutor and even give there hard work out for free just to help a complete stranger out. I think its an insult to the owner of this site, the owner of the engine, and the dedicated members who spend alot of time here to say this whole community is horrible and leaded by a power-abusing 'its my way or the highway' kinda guy when its only about 10-15 people who plague these forums. Anyways have fun in life but I think you'll be back.. they always do ;)

@Adrian:

> I agree with these statements.
> Due to this, I have left the community Many times and come back to see if it has changed.
> It has changed over time.
> In my opinion, it's been getting worse every time I come back.
> It's gone from a solid game development forum to one based around 9 years who complain how hard it is to put any effort into a game.
> It's harder to have actual conversations now as well, and the community has steered in a shitty, off-topic direction overrun by personal views instead of reality or topical facts.

This coming from Shadowdeath? Buhahahaha.