Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

An MMO

saadhamza

Well, i've been wanting to dedicate some time into a fun mmo recently, but i just don't know which one. Graphics aren't that important, i prefer games that are in-depth with class progression and economy, that kind of stuff. Fun game play is definitely a plus :P.  Do any of you play an in-depth mmorpg, or would any of you know of one that you would recommend? Preferably free to play, i can't pay monthly fees.

Wait.. Tylian… weren't You one of those hackers? xD

Also, mabinogi was definitely fun when some of the eclipse people played it. If anyone wants to get back into it, tell me a server and i'm game ^^

I had been playing maplestory for a while. There are some pretty cool people on their, and the economy is actually pretty nice. I just don't know anyone on their because i made a new account xD

Is Everquest II good? I heard it was like WoW, which could be both good or bad.

@Zonova:

> Is Everquest II good? I heard it was like WoW, which could be both good or bad.

I believe it was released before WoW, making it the original WoW.

Also, I downloaded Maple Story yesterday. I joined Yellonde and made a Mercedes character (dual bow-guns look awesome).

I also PvP a lot on DFO (female Rogue ftw!).

Lol, yeah, i heard that there weren't many people on Yellonde. I'm trying to decide whether to go Battle Mage or Mercedes. Both looks pretty fun. I'll probably just make both and see how they play.

@Scootaloo:

> Haha yeah, but I keep to myself. I'm not flooding the market with free items worth 100m and crashing everyone in sight (yes you use to be able to remotely crash other people ..)

That's pretty shitty. I used to love that game. Fuck nexon for not stopping the hackers T~T

@Zonova:

> That's pretty shitty. I used to love that game. duck nexon for not stopping the hackers T~T

That's like saying, "fuck every Mirage game for being prone to hackers!"

I'm sure they want to stop the hackers, except, the solution is not that simple.

People have been bitching for ages about hackers on Combat Arms. Nexon even makes jokes about the players that complain. They obviously don't have as much control as you think they do.

ive never understood cheating. whats the point of playing if you are just going to make yourself unstopable. OOHHH so you have all the medals, and are number one… big deal... you didnt actually get to that position on your own merrit.

The only way i can see cheating is if you are by yourself, and youve completed a game... or you are making the hacks, and are doing it for educational purposes. I hate the cheaters that have to ruin a game for everyone else trying to enjoy themselves.

@Gwendalin:

> ive never understood cheating. whats the point of playing if you are just going to make yourself unstopable. OOHHH so you have all the medals, and are number one… big deal... you didnt actually get to that position on your own merrit.

*Cough* Tylian *Cough* ;D

@Gwendalin:

> ive never understood cheating. whats the point of playing if you are just going to make yourself unstopable. OOHHH so you have all the medals, and are number one… big deal... you didnt actually get to that position on your own merrit.
>
> The only way i can see cheating is if you are by yourself, and youve completed a game... or you are making the hacks, and are doing it for educational purposes. I hate the cheaters that have to ruin a game for everyone else trying to enjoy themselves.

The problem with Mabinogi is it's so massive, even WITH invincibility, the ability to rebirth when ever so you gain ability points faster and the ability to kill a group of monsters in a second that usually takes a team of 8 10 minutes, it STILL takes you a good two years to get end-game.

There's just so much you actually need to max out, you need a collective total of about 10,000 levels ..

@MrMiguu:

> I'm sure they want to stop the hackers, except, the solution is not that simple.

Speaking from experience here, with the way Mabinogi is coded it's not exactly simple
There's flaws in the very fundamentals of the system that a good 5 years of work has been put into that enables us to do game breaking exploits.

That and Nexon America doesn't even have the licencing required to edit and publish their own version of the game. All source edits are done out of house.

Is ti like that on all servers? And is it really a huge deal? Like, do people do it enough to make the game completely shit?

I'm also giving SIlkroad-R and Anarchy online a try. Silkroad online apparently has a really customizable skill progression and economy, as does AO. DOes anyone know anything about either game? I know that Silkroad has a huge grind, which might be a turn off, but we'll see.

@hedgy:

> I personally play [dragon nest](http://dn.cherrycredits.com/). I love that game ^^

I like that game more than my friend does. He's a bit emotional when it comes to MMOs. He'll say things like, "I don't know what it is, I just don't like the dungeons."

When it comes down to it, I can appreciate MMOs for what they're really worth (he doesn't even own his own computer).

tl;dr: I like Dragon Nest, yet, my emotional friend does not anymore. He dislikes it so much that he refuses to play it ever again. He got to Lv.15, at least.

@MrMiguu:

> I like that game more than my friend does. He's a bit emotional when it comes to MMOs. He'll say things like, "I don't know what it is, I just don't like the dungeons."
>
> When it comes down to it, I can appreciate MMOs for what they're really worth (he doesn't even own his own computer).
>
> tl;dr: I like Dragon Nest, yet, my emotional friend does not anymore. He dislikes it so much that he refuses to play it ever again. He got to Lv.15, at least.

Too bad he dislikes it, I like this game starting from level 1\. :D Wednesday I'm going to play the game with 3 other friends everyone starting from level 9/10 :D Can't wait, I wonder how far we'll get. ^.^

@Zonova:

> I dislike Dragons Nest a bit because of it being completely instanced. I really hate instanced games in general ^^'. Of course, i didn't give it much of a play, only got to like level 7.

I used to feel the same way.

I like how you have zero KSers in instanced MMOs. I also like how each dungeon is treated as a party quest. You never have to wait for bosses to spawn.

Overall, both systems have their pros and cons. It would be interesting to see an MMO take on the same action-packed quality and control that DN utilizes, yet, remain open (e.g. FlyFF, WoW, Aion).

There are two MMOs that are non-target that fit into this category coming up in the future: RaiderZ, C9, and Tera Online.