Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Make money watching trailers Eclipse!

Go to your smartphone app store.
Download App Trailers by AppRedeem.
Earn points watching trailers.
Earn more points for actually downloading and playing the free apps.
Buy paypal and amazon gift certificates and stuff with your points.
Instamonies.

I earned like $2 today already from this in like an hour. Its like $0.01 per 10pts. You gain 10pts for watching a video, 90pts for downloading and running the associated app, 250 for introducing people (or mentioning someone that introduced you), 250 for registering and like 300 every time you level up (theres like a level up system). Doesn't take long to build monies.

If you grab it, mention alanspike when you register and we both get another 250 pts.

Today, eclipse got some spare monies!

Not advertising, im in love with this thing. I want to have sex with it.

@Batman:

> People not seeing the big picture, an hour a day on your phone will make you an extra $60 a month, more productive than browsing 4chan, no?

4 minutes of work a day will earn me $60 a month, with benefits including career experience!

Not trying to insult you or anything, just suggesting for most people it would totally not be worth their time.

@Batman:

> People not seeing the big picture, an hour a day on your phone will make you an extra $60 a month, more productive than browsing 4chan, no?

Or I could spend an hour a day on my phone doing over-time at work. Free time is the most valuable thing you can ever have because you can never get more of it.

This silly thing is only suitable to people who are 13 years old and refuse to get a real job or bums.

Well, on the upper hand, this is helpful - just a little - for the jobless.

I am actively looking for work, I've applied for a good of jobs actually, but I'm still not getting through. I live on £50 a week, £25 of which I pay for board. So I have £25 left, £5-10 I have to spend on bus tickets when I'm looking for work.

That's £10 of money that I get to spend on stuff… £5 of which I put into savings.

This £2/hour thing sound pretty useful.

Edit;
Well, this is easy. All I have to do is spend <5 seconds changing video on my iPhone every couple of minutes. Meanwhile, I'm otherwise ignoring it. Woot.

@Azkanan:

> Well, on the upper hand, this is helpful - just a little - for the jobless.
>
> I am actively looking for work, I've applied for a good of jobs actually, but I'm still not getting through. I live on £50 a week, £25 of which I pay for board. So I have £25 left, £5-10 I have to spend on bus tickets when I'm looking for work.
>
> That's £10 of money that I get to spend on stuff… £5 of which I put into savings.
>
> This £2/hour thing sound pretty useful.

The problem is, after a while, everything just give 0 point. So I think you're limited to about $1/day. Atleast for me anyway.

Sincerely,
Rithy

Sincerely,
Rithy

@Rithy58:

> The problem is, after a while, everything just give 0 point. So I think you're limited to about $1/day. Atleast for me anyway.
>
> Sincerely,
> Rithy

I was expecting a limit :<.

Still, that's +£1 closer to College.

If I need £300 by September, and I do this every day till then, this pays for £240 of my college tuition fee. Ish.

Edit;

Turns out the payout rate is more like £0.10 a day. I guess I'll pass.

@Azkanan:

> Well, on the upper hand, this is helpful - just a little - for the jobless.
>
> I am actively looking for work, I've applied for a good of jobs actually, but I'm still not getting through. I live on £50 a week, £25 of which I pay for board. So I have £25 left, £5-10 I have to spend on bus tickets when I'm looking for work.
>
> That's £10 of money that I get to spend on stuff… £5 of which I put into savings.
>
> This £2/hour thing sound pretty useful.
>
> Edit;
> Well, this is easy. All I have to do is spend <5 seconds changing video on my iPhone every couple of minutes. Meanwhile, I'm otherwise ignoring it. Woot.

You're complaining about not having a job whilst talking about using your iPhone. Hurr durr.

Just swallow your pride and go stack some shelves like everyone else who never bothered to build the skills required to get a real job.

@Robin:

> You're complaining about not having a job whilst talking about using your iPhone. Hurr durr.
>
> Just swallow your pride and go stack some shelves like everyone else who never bothered to build the skills required to get a real job.

I saved for 8 months for the iPhone.

No jobs going at all, I've applied at every fast food restaurant known to man, and every warehouse. Nothing to do with Pride.

I went to College after school and my highest award is a BTEC Level 2, the highest I could get with the time alotted for tuition-free courses.

I gotta say man, you're being pretty shitty, even for Robin mood.

That's because I know how many awesome jobs are available to those who have the skills to fill them.

Education means very little. I went straight in to a senior development position straight out of college, barely scraping a pass in a development BTEC.

I managed to get in to a post-graduate position because I don't talk like an idiot and actually did research and preperation for the interview. Every single person I've ever talked to who complained about there being no jobs had spent about 5 minutes looking through RetailJobs.co.uk and had put zero effort in to building their key skills or presentation abilities.

You may be an exception, in which case my sharp tongue is a bit out of line. I'm just generally frustrated by the state of our generation.

I'm glad you are so successful robin. You must be the only guy in the world with a full time job. You work so hard I'm surprised all these other none working hard people don't give you the respect you deserve.

> Education means very little. I went straight in to a senior development position straight out of college, barely scraping a pass in a development BTEC.

That really only applies to those in the IT field. You're going to need a degree for most other jobs. And even in the IT field, a degree can still help, if only to help you better understand the subject.

@Zonova:

> That really only applies to those in the IT field. You're going to need a degree for most other jobs. And even in the IT field, a degree can still help, if only to help you better understand the subject.

It's a case of having education or experience and most people now have education. That instantly puts you in the majority. To put yourself ahead you need to have something other people don't.

That means getting in some sort of experience. You can do that either through personal projects, volunteer working, apprenticeships or internships. Of course none of these things are fashionable so everything gets shoe-horned in to expensive degrees giving us a huge amount of scholars with absolutely no experience in the field.

Every single person I see going on to the News to complain about the current state of the job market has done nothing to further themselves. All they do is cry about how they have a degree and can't find a job straight out of University.

It's the older generations fault for pushing so many people in to getting a degree and it's the fault of the younger generations for being so God damned flaccid about everything.

Back in their days if you had a degree you had a job. If you have an entire generation which is pushed in to this level of education it devalues the degrees because everyone has one. What's that saying from _The Incredibles_? "And when everyone's super, no-one will be."

Younger people can't get a job because they've got nothing on the older people who were laid off and are now looking for a new job. I can understand that. It must be frustrating to not only be having to head off people with the exact same degree but also people with 20 years experience on top of that.

Still, the amount of spoilt kids coming out of this generation is honestly mind-boggling. I've come across far too many kids in their late teens who don't know how to prepare a simple meal or handle any sort of finances. Spoiling your children simply causes them to develop in to needy, selfish adults who are a drain on society as a whole. Sending these children off to University so they can be irresponsible fools without parent supervision is plain silly.

@Batman:

> I'm glad you are so successful robin. You must be the only guy in the world with a full time job. You work so hard I'm surprised all these other none working hard people don't give you the respect you deserve.

If you're having to spend your free time watching adverts for £0.10 a day on your £600 iPhone because your full-time job doesn't pay well enough for you to keep your current living standard without selling your computer to your parents then you're obviously a part of the problem, not the solution.

Insult me all you want. Maybe if you'd spent the last 6 years using Eclipse to develop your skills rather than throwing shit around, have hissy fits every so often and leaving messes for me to clean up you wouldn't be excitedly sharing dead-end tasks which pay less than your average Chinese factory job.

>If you're having to spend your free time watching adverts for £0.10
Ill spend the little free time I have doing whatever the duck I want broseph
>a day on your £600 iPhone
You mean my £30 a month contract iphone that I was auto upgraded to from my last contract. Or do you assume that every owner of an apple product mindlessly spends cash for the sake of it.
> because your full-time job doesn't pay well enough for you to keep your current living standard
wrong, I live soundly on £45 a week after all my bills are paid (average wage is about 1250 a month, so about £800 in bills.
>without selling your computer to your parents then you're obviously a part of the problem, not the solution.
so you're saying wanting to feed myself is part of my problem?

>Insult me all you want. Maybe if you'd spent the last 6 years using Eclipse to develop your skills
2 years of BTEC in college, 3 years of computer science in university and half a year working for one of the biggest technology companies in the world.
>rather than throwing shit around, have hissy fits every so often and leaving messes for me to clean up
I rather enjoy making you run around, keeping things interesting and not treating everyone like they're made out of stone.
>you wouldn't be excitedly sharing dead-end tasks which pay less than your average Chinese factory job.
Just because you don't like something doesn't mean everyone wants to hear your opinion.

I do admit I share Robin's frustration with the generation…

Here's an excellent, recent example:
Ok so, I wrote a whole account of what happened, but it went onto a tangent. Basically, these are a few people I met at a job-centre event that I volunteered for, but they were forced to go, in face of losing their JSA;

1\. Chavvy loudmouths "Not givin a shit".
2\. Lying smackheads "I was raped so I don't have a job".
3\. A guy who looks like he hasn't had a shave (On his head or his beard). Seriously, he had longer hair than Hagrid.

These are the kind of people I meet all the time in Job Centres. They're quite happy to idle along on JSA, doing odd-jobs for their mates and selling illicit shit, or who don't give a damn/don't understand the importance of hygiene/self-presentation.

So now whenever I say "I'm currently unemployed and on Job Seeker's Allowance", I get grouped with these people and get bitten at with prejudice, as Robin did. Meanwhile, I'm doing everything I can to get a job, besides standing on the motorway with a sign. And I'm contemplating that.

CVs, Emails, Asking on the street, Following up on applications, phone calls, handing out CVs at every shop in town that I'm qualified for at most (ie, obv. no banks/solicitors).

I speak clearly. I've got a dazzling smile. I pay attention. I make eye contact. I crack witty jokes at appropriate moments. I speak intelligently. I keep a formal-relaxed body language. I present myself as the perfect candidate. I've got a clean slate on criminal/medical history. I've got a ton of Work Experience. I've got a couple of years in College.

Then somehow, a girl with no school/work experience but with big tits and blonde hair gets a job I don't. True story.

Somebody pray tell where I'm going wrong. And yeah, when I try so hard to just make an honest living then somebody comes along and insults that effort, I get a little edgy.

Shit man, I've actually pretty much begged for jobs. How's that for pride for you? Shelf stacking is a fucking honour at this point.[/rage]