Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[EO] npc's do not move

kibbelz

Hello, I encountered this error a while back and i went to see if this would happen on a fresh version of EO and it does. I have found out that after the server has been online for about a day the npc's stop moving and the combat system doesn't work. Everything else runs smoothly. If any of you have any ideas on how to prevent this it would be much appreciated.

~Kibbelz

I have the same problem but only when the computer(not server excatly) runs for more time and the temperature is higher than "normal", the npc combat and move system works but slower(?) like npc's hits players more rarely. Admittedly I have computer from the woods…
Maybe it's problem of our machines not application?

@kibbelz:

> Yea, but what happens when the server host is away and all players are unable to do anything :/.

Short of finding out what causes it a simple solution would be to create a remote server restarter. Then allow admins/mods to restart if such an issue arises. I believe there was a tutorial floating around the forum on restarting after a crash and I am sure it could be modified to allow for an admin to restart from afar.

@Growlith1223:

> This has never occurred on my game :/ it's probably gotta do with the server been on too long and it's not processing everything…I don't know i am just thinking that is the problem xD

I think there is a rule about if u don't know the answer then don't post you always give meaningless advice in the q&a… Even though I still love u bro :(

Sometimes when it does it to me players can still attack npcs but npcs don't move or attack

I am glad to see that i am not the only one with this problem.

@Growlith1223:

> This has never occurred on my game :/ it's probably gotta do with the server been on too long and it's not processing everything…I don't know i am just thinking that is the problem xD

Don't post if you don't know the answer or have something positive to post about the topic.

Do you currently fix it by restarting the server program or the server machine?

The way the timing system works relies heavily on system time. After your machine has been on for a certain amount of time it'll reset down to negative 2billion and screw everything up.

We've had instances of this causing this exact issue in the past.

This should not be happening daily, though. Even if you do have a large amount of players. Crystalshire runs for weeks at a time without a single issue and that's on a remote host. Even when I had it locally I needed to restart once a month, if that.

• 4 weeks later...
I observed this problem also when the picScreen was resized. When I log to the game from the client with resized client, npc's walking 1 tile per 3-5secs.
When I log from the client with original size it's works normally. lol