Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Counter Strike Like Game

sherwin

What do you guys think?

![](https://scontent-lax1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtf1/v/t1.0-9/11822852_1673179049569763_1855605151595992310_n.jpg?oh=95935760de7495531828cda693b7e11d&oe=5653F63E)

Btw i'm using Andii's preview as an example of the Map Info
you can find Andii's Artwork here
http://eclipseorigins.com/thread-2232.html

So, how's this going to work? I mean it looks nice, but if you just have it with an aerial view then everyone would see each other and there's no hiding. If you have it aerial then you could have blocks make people behind them invisible, or are you making it first person and that's a preview?

Either way, the screen you've shown looks real nice, not just thrown together: good job.

Not to sound like a complete douche, But should you not be focusing on finishing the Pokemon engine? It looks nice, But with it been a birds eye view type of CS game there isn't much you can do to suprise someone. There are a few online games like this that I have actually played and its more of a spray and pray type of game. There's no hiding and after a few weeks all the best spots for camping will be exposed and everyone will just rush to them and camp them the game basically starts to die because there is no point moving from certain spots on the map (Example CS: S (DE_Dust2) - Long doors, Mid doors for first kill, Cat walk/short stairs, B first box for tunnel kills). Once you know the advantage points you can sort of guess where to go to find them or to camp them yourself. Although I can see this been another engine for sale in a few weeks. And if its based on Eclipse then the movement will break the whole game.

The Pokemon Engine is 85% complete.. so i can finish it anytime i want.

The point of this preview is the Lobby system that i'm developing.. it isn't the game , i can change the game any type i want like the Side Scrolling game Grand Chase.. or any kind, but i kinda like to try the shooting one, changing the combat style isn't hard on how i planned to do it