Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Need some input.

crzyone9584

When I was creating ASP.NET CMS I created a site called crzy the hated the hated Productions. I use to own the domain and now I don't. the .com is now owned by some weird thing that wants 100 bucks for it. I aint paying a 100 usd when i paid liek 5 bucks when i first bought it years ago.

Now these days I'm feeling like I'd want to bring back my "company" if you want to call it that, but not sure if I want the same name. Anyone have some ideas? For the time being the products I create be them for free or paid will be C#/Web based (asp.net) applications.

So if anyone has some suggestions about a name or if I should keep crzy the hated the hated Productions and just get a .net instead of the .com of the url i use to have.

I'm in the planning phases of some things I'd like to produce. For one I'd like to make a trivia game with Wii Remotes. My brother in law thought about it and I'd love to develop something like that.

Also I'd take some suggestions of products or name.

NOTE: crzy the hated the hated the hated should only read as Crazy Productions without the a in crzy the hated. Filter is screwing it up.

Dont pay some douchebag that is just snatching up peoples domains. You could go for a .net but it is potential lost traffic if people forget and just put a .com.

Crzy Productions is a fine name. Maybe just add a hyphen or something?

I like crzyware. or crzy the hated Hub. Then again when i see the word hub i think of like a train statation or a forum. So I'll check out Crzyware.

Crzyware is available. Now to debate on if i want windows hosting or linux for the time being… I may just tell comcast to go f themselves and start up basic iis server on my computer part time.

@Jungle:

> I think of a different type of train and station ;)

????

@Lenton:

> Just bought the domain crzyware.com.
>
> Anyone want to buy it for £50?

Yea umm no i just paid $10 for it so you fail!

So my next question for suggestions:

- Should the site be a normal template? Wordpress customized? A CMS that has a custom theme?
- What kind of mistakes have you seen by others that are good to look out for?

I have to admit I am a huge fan of wordpress.

Once you disable some of its more annoying features (like "fixing" your html code you specifically hack for certain pages) it is incredibly powerful.

The ease of creating yourself a beautiful content rich site using other peoples work is unrivalled.

To clarify: Ive built and actively maintain my companies site. It ranks well and performs even better and it's all built with wordpress.

@Ordinary:

> Hmmm I'll still have have to look into word press. It looks nice but I know nothing about it still. Thanks for all the suggestions.

Most cpanel based web managment interfaces have an option for doing a fully automatic rollout of the core wordpress components to your site also btw.

Yea i noticed that dreamhost's panel installs it automatically. Which is nice. I just don't know what kinds of plugins/tweaks I'd have to do.

http://www.crzyware.com/

I picked a non default theme for now. But I need some help still. Like a custom theme if yall know someone who would make one for a cheap price would be nice.

Cheif what was that plugin you where talking about for the forums? And what kind of tweaks should i do to help with getting rid of spam if i ever get any?

custom sites in wordpress are just combining the modules you need and editing the css mostly.

nothing you can't handle.

also, akimet handles most spam prevention very well and comes standard with wordpress installs if i recall right.