Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[TUT] Report System

abhi2011

@zomb i'll try that thanks. though i was planning to make the player reports to another folder. i beleive that each report can be made using vbCrLf?

@farrel24 actually this forum is for answering ppl's question and helping them

Not quite sure what you meant by that last post.
If you wanted one text file just for bug reports you can just do this

```
Open (App.Path & "\data\bug reports\bugs.txt") For Append As #intFileHandle
    Print #intFileHandle, name & "-" & report
Close #intFileHandle

```
that will save all bug reports listing player - report onto one text file called bugs.txt
one report per line, or u can do something fancy to separate or include more info

Never thought of that. But what i meant was that the next report wont come leaving a line. Meaning if there was a huge list of reports it will look disorientating. I think we can ad vbCrLf after report because the next report must come leaving a line.

```
Open (App.Path & "\data\bug reports\bugs.txt") For Append As #intFileHandle
    Print #intFileHandle, name & "-" & report
    Print #intFileHandle, " "
Close #intFileHandle

```
That should leave a blank line in between. If you use vbcrlf in the first print i believe when it appends it will still not leave a blank line

~~Sorry guys for not releasing the player system as I promised. I ran into some problems with the form. So you guys might have to replace it. Working on moifying the code so that all bug reports are stored in 1 file and all player reports are stored in another file!~~

Work is done. For those who have already done the tutorial please replace the mod:

```
Sub HandleBugReport(ByVal Index As Long, ByRef Data() As Byte, ByVal StartAddr As Long,
```with this
```
Sub HandleBugReport(ByVal Index As Long, ByRef Data() As Byte, ByVal StartAddr As Long, ByVal ExtraVar As Long)
Dim Buffer As clsBuffer
Dim Name As String
Dim report As String
Dim intFileHandle As Integer

Set Buffer = New clsBuffer
    Buffer.WriteBytes Data
    Name = Buffer.ReadString
    report = Buffer.ReadString

intFileHandle = FreeFile
    Open (App.Path & "\data\bug reports.txt") For Append As #intFileHandle
    Print #intFileHandle, vbCrLf & Name & " has reported a bug - " & report
    Close #intFileHandle

End Sub
```
in modHandleData server side. And check the post directly underneath the main post player reporting. Also please download frmReport again as the previous one was glithced and replace it with this. [http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/16549863c6fa5c5faf7c441a362b2384.rar](ftp://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/16549863c6fa5c5faf7c441a362b2384.rar)

Wouldn't it be better to add Ticket ID's so you can reference them again later, and have these loaded into a screen so Admins/Moderators can read up on them in-game?

Anyway, thanks for giving me the idea of adding this into my own thingymajick. :]

@Scypher:

> Wouldn't it be better to add Ticket ID's so you can reference them again later, and have these loaded into a screen so Admins/Moderators can read up on them in-game?
>
> Anyway, thanks for giving me the idea of adding this into my own thingymajick. :]

Possible. Though the report has to be saved. And the report should be given a number. Or you can just type something like /reportcheck or something and view a whole list of all the player names that have been reported and have reported.

• 2 months later...
Some of the codes i do not understand where to put it at like

```
CBugReport
```where am my adding this at?

pretty much everything, i am kinda new can someone please explain and help me out here, some of it i get some of it i do not get.

@killzoz:

> Some of the codes i do not understand where to put it at like
>
> ```
> CBugReport
> ```where am my adding this at?
>
> pretty much everything, i am kinda new can someone please explain and help me out here, some of it i get some of it i do not get.

Add that in modEnumerations before:
```
' Make sure CMSG_COUNT is below everything else
```

• 3 weeks later...
You may want to find a way to prevent users spamming these,  years ago the trolls used to spam these over and over all night.

Easy Systems like this are targetted. May want to put a limit on 5 a day? or something. On the one below i made them trackable with numbers that players can use to track them on the website, or ingame with a report center frm where you can reply/edit/delte/see pending ect. It was actually very popular; change the system up for bug reports/suggestions/help/stuck reports/cheater reports ect ect.. it can be very helpful

![](http://i45.tinypic.com/sl1jxg.jpg)

• 11 months later...