Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Balancing the game.

benedek11

Hi! If i have two or more classe like: one dps warrior, one tank, one ranger, one mage.

For example the warrior will go on pure STR and almost hit the stat cap (255). The tank will go on almost pure VIT. Then in a pvp the warrior will win with 1hit KO. How to avoid that? While not removing the sense of the custom builds (e.g. hybrid,pure..).

Maybe changing the stat's effects?

I always looked at it in terms of one characters strength is another weakness. A good game can balance these using variation and differentiation. For example you say you have a warrior that is very strong, but what is his weakness? Is his equipment or strength making him move slower? does his stats mean slower health regeneration? Is he more susceptible to magic attacks due to the nature of his armour? All this must be taken into consideration, especially in a game that boats player v player combat.

@UchiaAxelz:

> Hi! If i have two or more classe like: one dps warrior, one tank, one ranger, one mage.
>
> For example the warrior will go on pure STR and almost hit the stat cap (255). The tank will go on almost pure VIT. Then in a pvp the warrior will win with 1hit KO. How to avoid that? While not removing the sense of the custom builds (e.g. hybrid,pure..).
>
> Maybe changing the stat's effects?

Is this LoL? LOLOLOLOL. DPS, hybrid, omg LoL term lol

well, honestly I dont know what you are trying to ask. Not sure if you need help on coding, or just establish an idea of how thing work. In my opinion

If, let just say a weapon deal 100 damage
with strength at 255, when attack, you will deal 100 + (255/3) (is that how it scaled? idk im just guessing) = 185 damage. with 255 vital, for 1 vital = atleast 10 health (i dont know the scale) so with 255 vital, you will have atleast 2550 health. Not to mention, the more vital you have the faster your health regeneration is. So honest I dont understand your question

Why not remove or lower the parry rate (currently str*.25) then add the blocking shield fix, then add spell scaling for ur mages. Then maybe add the real defense for armors then maybe lower the number of stat points to like 2 instead of 3 on level up.. not really sure… I want to help figure this out cause I feel I'm having a similar issue its had to test with only me.. I just download the combat simulator from soul to test it

Justn, i can't do things like that. But look i found a way to make a balance. If there is max lvl 30, you put +1 sp/lvl. So you can put 30 points max into STR with warrior. Count out the overall armor set will give 225 STR. SO if our warrior goes pure str he reaches the cap. Put weapon damage everywhere to 1!!!. Now get the tank, overall armor should give 190 str if the guy goes pure STR with a tank he will have 220 STR max. While the warrior has like 120 END the tank ofc has the cap.

Check out! pretty balance :D Ask if you still have questions.

@UchiaAxelz:

> Justn, i can't do things like that. But look i found a way to make a balance. If there is max lvl 30, you put +1 sp/lvl. So you can put 30 points max into STR with warrior. Count out the overall armor set will give 225 STR. SO if our warrior goes pure str he reaches the cap. Put weapon damage everywhere to 1!!!. Now get the tank, overall armor should give 190 str if the guy goes pure STR with a tank he will have 220 STR max. While the warrior has like 120 END the tank ofc has the cap.
>
> Check out! pretty balance :D Ask if you still have questions.

I don't get it :p my project works a little different though instead of armors and shields adding stats it just.adds a get player protection equation.. will keep playing around with it :)

Even though I am finding pvp in eclipse to be a bit stupid.. I know I have mentioned this before but to give an example.. I was attacking my friend the other day in an arena, he was almost dead and then he simply just logged out to be funny… I don't think unless u combo someone or are killing someone who is a lot weaker than u, pvp would be pointless if ppl can just exit the client with no penalty.. I have tried coming up with a solution but nothing seemed to be very fair.. and there is no way to keep players "logged in" like with other mmo's

@Justn:

> I don't get it :p my project works a little different though instead of armors and shields adding stats it just.adds a get player protection equation.. will keep playing around with it :)
>
> Even though I am finding pvp in eclipse to be a bit stupid.. I know I have mentioned this before but to give an example.. I was attacking my friend the other day in an arena, he was almost dead and then he simply just logged out to be funny… I don't think unless u combo someone or are killing someone who is a lot weaker than u, pvp would be pointless if ppl can just exit the client with no penalty.. I have tried coming up with a solution but nothing seemed to be very fair.. and there is no way to keep players "logged in" like with other mmo's

You can add timer or gettickcount when player trying to close window

Well its just not closing the window  if they use taskmanger to force close it won't matter right? I was told before that with the current way the packets/networking are handled its impossible to keep a player in game if the client is closed. I was also told about having the server make a "clone" of ur character (if logged out during combat) so a player/npc can continue to kill the player but I don't even know if that would work

@Justn:

> Well its just not closing the window  if they use taskmanger to force close it won't matter right? I was told before that with the current way the packets/networking are handled its impossible to keep a player in game if the client is closed. I was also told about having the server make a "clone" of ur character (if logged out during combat) so a player/npc can continue to kill the player but I don't even know if that would work

Or you can add that game screen is always focused and disable ctrl alt delete in game and ctrl shift esc too

Yes I thought of something like that but there are still ways to disconnect from the server without closing the client such as turning off ur WiFi for a sec or unplugging ur modem I know most ppl won't do this but if there is a way to cheat ppl will do it.. I had a much longer response but my phone died and I'm too tired to type it all again :/