Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Runtime Errors!

Kajamaz

Alot of my users get it ingame some times when fighting a monster, sometimes for no reason at all :0
This is one that a user got recently ingame and took a screeny of…
![](http://everember.ucoz.com/_fr/1/4402257.png)
Please help!

@Soul:

> Enable Debug=1 in the client's config.ini. Then tell us what "data files\logs\errors.txt" says.

Well i personally have never gotten it, and these errors also appear on the servers, those crash the servers and we need those fixed, Next version we will release it with enable debug on which is in a day or two and we will reply as to what we find.

@Kajamaz:

> Well i personally have never gotten it, and these errors also appear on the servers, those crash the servers and we need those fixed, Next version we will release it with enable debug on which is in a day or two and we will reply as to what we find.

If it crashes the server you can enable debug for the server as well.

Again, I've never seen this before. I have seen automation errors that crash the client, but never ones that crash the server as well. I'm trying to do my best to help you diagnose the issues.

> The server also crashes, gives runtime error 9 script out of range and one runtime error 11 divide by zero

This is most likely occurring because for some reason, somewhere in you're code its attempting to divide "11" by "0", which can't be done in Visual Basic 6 and will return the error you are getting.

Try and figure out why the number 11 is being divided by equals 0\. A quick fix would be to check if the variable is greater then 0, and if not exit the sub/function.

Example:
```
If X > Then
```

Or

```
If X = 0 Then Exit Sub
```
Although, that is a great check to leave in the code. But you are going to want to further investigate this and find the source of the error.

@General:

> This is most likely occurring because for some reason, somewhere in you're code its attempting to divide "11" by "0", which can't be done in Visual Basic 6 and will return the error you are getting.
>
> Try and figure out why the number 11 is being divided by equals 0\. A quick fix would be to check if the variable is greater then 0, and if not exit the sub/function.
>
> Example:
> ```
> If X > Then
> ```
>
> Or
>
> ```
> If X = 0 Then Exit Sub
> ```
> Although, that is a great check to leave in the code. But you are going to want to further investigate this and find the source of the error.

Runtime error 11 literally means "Division by Zero". It does not indicate that 11/0 is being called. In fact, -1/0, 0/0, 5/0, etc., will all produce the same error.

My idea is to use the Debug feature (or VB6, but the Debug feature is easier) to pin-point the cause of error.

@Soul:

> If it crashes the server you can enable debug for the server as well.
>
> Again, I've never seen this before. I have seen automation errors that crash the client, but never ones that crash the server as well. I'm trying to do my best to help you diagnose the issues.

How do i enable server debug, sorry, i dont know how or where?

You don't, errorhandlers were never inserted into the server (Unless if you've already done it, or are using a version that's done that).

You're just gonna have to run it in the VB6 IDE, and try and recreate what caused the error. Once you do that, you can find out exactly what's causing RTE 11, add an If x = 0 Then Exit Sub check before it, and that side of the issue should be perfectly fine.

As for RTE 9, somewhere, you're most likely attempting to load/reload bad data, for example, you're loading a mismatched item structure.

As for the client automation error, are you using FMOD by any chance? Because clearly it's not a DX matter, the client's loaded, and I know that FMOD has the funny tendency to occasionally unload incorrectly, at the wrong time. If not, it's still most likely a sound issue, either way, as DS7 in the legacy EO had a few sound issues, too.

As for the server automation error, I have no idea.

Server never got Automation. No we aren't using fmod.dll (it is not there in the folder so i am guessing it is not used.) I 2 think it is sound. I never got it in the game and I haven't put on music and sound.
P.S the automation occurs on Crystalshire 2.

@TheChoosenOne:

> Server never got Automation. No we aren't using fmod.dll (it is not there in the folder so i am guessing it is not used.) I 2 think it is sound. I never got it in the game and I haven't put on music and sound.
> P.S the automation occurs on Crystalshire 2.

You said the server received an error. Can you run the server through VB6 and tell us what that error is?

@Soul:

> Runtime error 11 literally means "Division by Zero". It does not indicate that 11/0 is being called. In fact, -1/0, 0/0, 5/0, etc., will all produce the same error.
>
> My idea is to use the Debug feature (or VB6, but the Debug feature is easier) to pin-point the cause of error.

duck… I know that, i misread his initial error message, i thought it returned 11/0.

• 6 months later...