Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Gameworld Size

Gahduvdeth

Hello, everyone!

So this morning, I've decided to set out on an epic quest to calculating the size of The Underground's world.

First off, I started by determining the number of tiles in each overworld map and adding them all together, for a total of 34560 tiles. Then, this is where it got a bit…iffy.

(Forgive me, I haven't had coffee yet.)

It's fairly reasonable to assume that the average person takes up about 1' x 2' of space while standing (unless you're the average American, in which case you'd more likely take up about 4' x 5'....sorry, bad joke.)

Now, upon inspection of character placement when standing on each tile, a fair estimate would put the average Eclipse character (drawn in a 4x4 format, instead of the weird 3x4..) to be at about 5' tall. There's still some extra space in the tile that's being occupied, and a rough estimate would put each tile to be at about 3' x 3'.

Okay, cool. So each tile would be 9 sq/ft.

So back to our other number: 34,560 tiles. Breaking each tile down into their proper 1' units would bring the total unit count to 311,040 units, each of which are 1' x 1'.

[Thanks to this handy little tool,](http://www.thecalculatorsite.com/conversions/area.php) I was able to convert 311,040 1'x1' units into something a bit more manageable.

So, the current total area for the world of Akria in The Underground is…..

*drumroll*

0.01 miles, aka 7.13 acres.

Honestly, that's a bit disappointing. But, I suppose the movement speed makes up for what it lacks in size.

Of course, this number will be changing, as I'm constantly adding new regions on a near-daily basis.

Anyway. Got a different method? Different estimates? Let me know, and I'll re-adjust my figures!

Frankly, I'm also kindof interested in the size of other people's game worlds. So, figure them out and post them here!

Ooh ooh let's see an old project…

Only counting finished outdoor maps:
30x30 - 3 (2,700 tiles)
60x60 - 42 (151,200 tiles)
30x60 or 60x30 - 4 (7,200 tiles)
120x120 - 1 (14,400 tiles)

In total that makes for 175,100 tiles.

Going by your measurements, that makes for 1,575,900 sq. ft., or roughly 36 acres/0.05 sq. miles.

Using the same calculations as above with some adjustments,

Since 1 step in Eclipse is 1 tile, I calculate my entire in game world to be:

A single step takes 1.12 position change; which would be 1 Eclipse tile

1000x1000 Gilramore = 988,800 tiles
1000x1000 Pineella Pass = 988,800 tiles
1000x1000 Landow = 988,800 tiles
138x138 PvP Arena = 18,830

Total: 2,985,230 [68.53 Acres and 0.1 Miles]

Excluding 3 dungeons and height differences. I kept it on an evenish playing field xD.

Hope I did the math correctly xD