Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Pokemon Real Time Battle System

sherwin

@'Golf:

> Looking nice, I think it's more cool than normal battle system. :D
> P.S It will be damn hard to do the animations for each move if you are going to make each.

Hahaha, no worries.. those animation are more easier on real time battle system than on turn based battle system..

The mechanics aren't that different from a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon styled game. If you want real time battle that's efficient you need to have it set up where maps are randomly generated(when you battle someone) and players who engage are taken to those maps (sort of like a stage so to speak) you can see where you'd need a more efficient language if you wanted to handle a larger scale later on. I'd say that after the battle a player is either sent to the last pc they visited or the map they were on when the battle request was made.

This though, is a pretty simple and nice little intro for the idea though. Don't think there's much capable with it using Eclipse.

- Link

@'Link':

> The mechanics aren't that different from a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon styled game. If you want real time battle that's efficient you need to have it set up where maps are randomly generated(when you battle someone) and players who engage are taken to those maps (sort of like a stage so to speak) you can see where you'd need a more efficient language if you wanted to handle a larger scale later on. I'd say that after the battle a player is either sent to the last pc they visited or the map they were on when the battle request was made.
>
> This though, is a pretty simple and nice little intro for the idea though. Don't think there's much capable with it using Eclipse.
>
> - Link

here it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWzR3yRKPvA&feature=youtu.be