Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Pokemon Engine Preview

Scott

I've been working on a Pokemon engine(Based on Fire Red/Leaf Green) in my spare time and until I'm ready to release a copy in the Custom Engines forum I'm going to use this thread to hopefully get some feedback on it.  So please feel free to be as picky as you want I want to know everything you think is wrong.

Currently I have a lot of back end stuff done and just started on the GUI stuff in the last few days, so here's my first picture of the Pokemon Menu let me know what you think.
![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/a63d353c111dde6d2ac7508cd9744310.png)

I like this, but you should consider just making this more generalized, I would love to have this for a game with mechanics similar to pokemon, so try not to copy every little element of it, add customization to the combat system.

It's all going to be based off formulas I find online, if you want to change it once it's out they will be in easy locations to find, I'll try to add as much customization as I can but in the end this is a pokemon clone.

The gui will be 100% gone it will all be played with click able menu's on the game screen, those buttons/text field are for development use that whole area will be gone before I even release the first version.

@Ecclestio:

> Looks pretty neato, if you ever want help with the GUI I'd be willing to lend a hand.

It's hard for me to have other people do the gui, I make(Re-size really lol) them as I need them and it's really just a bunch of small elements I render into a scene but thanks for the offer =).

• 10 months later...
> Even if it was revived, I would hack Scott's computer and delete the files! Only I can have a Pokemon game on Eclipse!

Oh noes better delete my copy!  Anyways all I finished was the rendering stuff no actuall back end other than to display your pokemon roster.  Sorry to kill any hopes you have of me finishing this but when I lost my first attempt at a pokemon game that was actually quite far along to a harddrive failure, I started that one than realized there was no fucking way I was re doing all the work I lost.