Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

CS:DE error trying to make the trade system :O

Ariel

So, i manage to fix the trade system so i can put and remove something ETC.

but when change the GUI from a gey window to a imagei made its crashing with this error:

"Automation error"
Highlighting this line:

```
Set D3DT_TEXTURE(TextureNum).Texture = Direct3DX8.CreateTextureFromFileEx(D3DDevice8, path, D3DX_DEFAULT, D3DX_DEFAULT, D3DX_DEFAULT, 0, D3DFMT_UNKNOWN, D3DPOOL_MANAGED, D3DX_FILTER_POINT, D3DX_FILTER_NONE, RGB(255, 0, 255), Tex_Info, ByVal 0)
```
In LoadTexture sub

WTF lol.

Yeah, it's the entire thing that's just broken by design. The rendering library just loses it's device at random or corrupts textures in memory, causing it to crash. (This happening more often on some systems than others, I for example can run CS:DE fine on my laptop, but it instantly crashes to the desktop on my regular computer). If it were an easy fix it'd be all over already ;]

Use eclipse 3.0 with a proper dx8 engine written in it. Robin has left the scene. He may of and may have not. Either way it does not matter. He is using C# now to rewrite his game.

Also why is this the perfect engine for you? When eclipse 3.0 is basically the same with a different set up.

He did fix it, one of his friends/pals made a fixed D3D8 class for him. You could try porting over Snider's Nightly Dx8 classes to CS:DE, but it's probably not easy.

And Crzy, he probably wants the UI layout and shiny stuff out of the box :P

@crzy:

> Use eclipse 3.0 with a proper dx8 engine written in it. Robin has left the scene. He may of and may have not. Either way it does not matter. He is using C# now to rewrite his game.
>
> Also why is this the perfect engine for you? When eclipse 3.0 is basically the same with a different set up.

Why you trying to dis CS:DE, it's never done anything to you…
You don't like it, don't use it...simple...

Also it's a simple fix...

@ZeroX8:

> Why you trying to dis CS:DE, it's never done anything to you…
> You don't like it, don't use it...simple...
>
> Also it's a simple fix...

It's broken through and through, Robin said this and he supplied it as is with a message along the lines of "Pick whatever you can scavenge from it, just don't use this pile of crap for production".

I'd say that's enough of a warning. :P Just a funny IT reminder, there are millions of different computers. Just because something works for you doesn't mean it will for everyone else.

@Joyce:

> It's broken through and through, Robin said this and he supplied it as is with a message along the lines of "Pick whatever you can scavenge from it, just don't use this pile of crap for production".
>
> I'd say that's enough of a warning. :P

Yea but it's well worth fixing IMO

Personaly what i like about CS:De is the fast load , GUi transparence
I can't use JcSniders engine because theses 2 things are missing on it
And nobody want's to make me a transparent Gui and me myself i can't do it because i don't even know a code of vb6 except blablalba.visible = true / false
That's why i found this idea to fix cs:de good , because if people like me want an engine who have theses 2 things , it will be easy for them to use this one.

Fixing the engine i think it's possible it will take alot of time but at least the fixed version will give another version with alot of stuffs on it and it will be a good engine to use.

For the moment there are 3 fixed cs :de engines , the one from ZeroX8 , Sandbox from deathbeam , and another one from a guy that he released his project source with the same engine

But actually they still miss things like , trade system and blabla (i need to release a beta test of my game) but i can't because the engines are not that fixed to do my project on it (i'm scared to change it again)

picking an engine just for the fact it has 2 things you want is just plain stupid. JC has a programming shop. Go in there and higher him to add those two things to EO 3.0….

Secondly go learn vb6\. its pretty easy to learn in a few hours and program that bum candy yourself.

Your better off using JC's programming shop. Due to the majority of the people who can code won't help you. and by can code i mean the ones who actually able to code things correctly.

It's not that stupid it's more like : You choose an engine for the things your game will need (except people that know how to code)
I would like for the programming shop of JCsnider but i can't use money for things like that (strict parents)
For the learning of VB6 , hmm why not but actually my problem is to know where to place the code and what part of code i need to start etc if you have a good website where i can learn coding for dx8 (game engines) not others things in vb6 i would appreciate that

Fine, looks like EO3.0.

I read some articals about Dx8 in vb6 and i have a pretty good base on it i think.
All guide about VB6 and Dx8 are 3D ones (for what i saw[which probably not seen enough])

BTW: how hard is to convert vb6 projects to vb.net ? its just better i have no idea why people here doesnt move on???

@General:

> Lol kids complaining about the EO 3.0 not having a translucent GUI, you can almost completely rip the code from CS:DE to handle that #facepalm

Because there are 3 types of people on this forum.

Those who cannot do it.

Those who can do it, but are too lazy to post a tutorial.

Those who can do it, but just don't give a fuck. < Me.