Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Crzy Eclipse

crzyone9584

Crzy Eclipse
AKA: C# Eclipse

I would like to thank Marshy Dearest for allowing me to post this new thread. He was to lazy to delete 45 posts lol.

>! This is a port of Eclipse 2.0 to .Net. I have chossen Eclipse 2.0 because it is a nice basic starting point for a clean engine. I will also add in my own features such as LUA scripting and much more.
>! IDIOT:"OMFG .net sucks blah blah blah…"
>! my reply will be -  Go suck it. I don't give a crap what you think about my choice of programming.

>! * XNA Graphic Engine
* Automatic Updater
* LUA Scripting System
* Event System - through LUA
* Separate editors form the game. No more getting annoyed from players while your attempting to develop a map or anything.
* Awesome hated developer
* Error handling - Figure out why something is happening.

>! Most likely never. If I do not need it in my game, you will never see me promoting it or giving source for it. Although I will keep my game and this engine seperate, I will be adding in the following during the alpha,
>! Guilds, Guild housing, Scripting(LUA), Quests, Player and Guild Shops, Dynamic Economy, instanced maps. These seven things will be added and supported by me for this source. I will be starting with Guilds and working my way up from there. Here is the plan releases for the six items
>! Alpha 0.5 - Guilds
Alpha 1.0 - Guild Housing
Alpha 1.x - Scripting
Alpha 1.x Quests
Alpha 1.x Player Shops
Alpha 2.0 Guild Shops
Alpha 2.x Dynamic Economy.
Beta 1.0 Instanced maps.
>! Alpha will be considered once the server and client are done. Editors are on the back burner for me right now.

>! You can see my progess at github. Not to mention grab the pre alpha code.
[**Crzy** Eclipse](https://github.com/crzyone9584/CrzyEclipse)
>! That is the only place you will be able to get the source. Also that will be the only download I will support

>! Do to the large number of people who will flock to this, cause its a .NET port please read the following.
>! Support will only be given [here](https://github.com/crzyone9584/CrzyEclipse/issues)! If you post here for support I will most likely miss it and ignore you.
>! If you PM or email me for support you will go on a black list of people to ignore. If you piss me off by not listening or actually reading what people have posted here or on the github page you will be ignored.
>! Those of you who claim to know C# please stfu. I know C# but I also don't C#. So if you suggest to fix something make sure you have tested it before posting it here. I do not have time to sit down and make sure your doing everything correct.

>! If you would like contribute to the project please wait till it is out of Alpha. If you fork the source and start doing anything to it I will not support it unless it is made with a beta version of the source.
>! If you fill the need to donate please PM me with the subject being Donation.

@Erwin:

> Which programm do you use to make this?

It's made with C#, as has been stated in the main post.

Also, I'm a very happy person that likes ponies and wants to pet them and play with them all day! YIPPEEE!

~~Idiot…. that is considered a stupid question when i clearly say dot net... and C#... a google for C# ide or .net ide would have worked. You are now black listed along with the 4 others.~~

@crzyone9584:

> Idiot…. that is considered a stupid question when i clearly say dot net... and C#... a google for C# ide or .net ide would have worked. You are now black listed along with the 4 others.

I know it was not the smartest question but I thought maybe you need a specific IDE or something.
Think about a nicer Eclipse.

@crzyone9584:

> Well since Joyce went in and striked out my comment I guess I have to un ban you from the black list. Which is fine. Just before you ask do a little research.

You'll always be prompted with obvious questions. Think about how many times a store clerk gets asked how much a certain pack of cigarettes are when a sign is right in front of the customers face, just remember that by taking on the role of lead developer on a big project you'll be attracting many interested people, do your best to contain them :p

Also, I wish you the best of luck on this project, even though you probably don't need it, I'd like to offer you any help you might need. I'm pretty experienced with C# and XNA, if you ever get stuck or need some help with something you can contact me whenever.

Thanks Jeff. That means a lot. And I get your example. I work at a liquor store and the same lady always comes in and buys the same thing and always asks the price every day. Either way like I said thanks for the offer. When I get to the Day Night System I amy contact you. Not to sure how to approach that. Along with putting in some lighting effects for the maps and map editor. But for now I'm just trying to get all the basics done.

900TH POST!!!!

@crzyone9584:

> Thanks Jeff. That means a lot. And I get your example. I work at a liquor store and the same lady always comes in and buys the same thing and always asks the price every day. Either way like I said thanks for the offer. When I get to the Day Night System I amy contact you. Not to sure how to approach that. Along with putting in some lighting effects for the maps and map editor. But for now I'm just trying to get all the basics done.
>
> 900TH POST!!!!

Sure thing man. I also found a pretty neat way of implementing the content pipeline to WinForm projects so you can use all of your resources and load XNB's. It really, REALLY helps if you're going to use XNA for your tools.

I haven't really decided how I'm going to have the editors work yet. Im ripping the mirage xna editor source jsut for the mapping cuz I don't see why i should reinvent the wheel lol. Its a nice basic map editor to use. I will how ever fix it up to be EO 2.0 standard which I've already some what done. Other than that I'm not sure how I'll have the data being handled for the editors. I may just leave everything how they are in the .png form and not convert them. For only a handful of people will ever need to use the editors on a game team.

Also the big thing I'll be working on with the editors will be a custom LUA scripting text editor. I will figure out how to make it as easy as possible for people to script in LUA who never have. So like it will have an Auto complete portion so they know they are using the correct method name. But that won't be for a good decent amount of time.

Is his using GDI? He used my original Mirage.NET editor to build from. If it is using GDI that's fine as long as he's doing correctly but if you're wanting to see lighting effects or anything else that may be special I would highly consider switching to a different rendering system. If that time comes and you're in need of a new system, XNA is great or I could show you how to use DirectX 9 and swap chains in your tools.

As far as the LUA editor, look into Scintilla.NET. It is a set of controls for Windows Forms that supports syntax highlighting. I built a LUA editor using it, you'll just have to tell Scintilla how to read LUA which isn't that bad. There are plenty and plenty of resources out there, just try and fine the ones you are most comfortable with before you pursue anything big, I made that mistake before :p

Thanks for the tips. I believe he switched it to XNA for you do have to have XNA for the editors he made. I have the source somewhere, I'll load it up and I'll see. Map editors are not my strong suit. I may have to rely on you to help me out on the map editor.

As for the Scintilla.NET, that makes my life so much easier. Thanks for the help man. Although your Mirage.NET will be so more advanced and better coded than this will ever be, it is still a great learning adventure for me.

@crzyone9584:

> Thanks for the tips. I believe he switched it to XNA for you do have to have XNA for the editors he made. I have the source somewhere, I'll load it up and I'll see. Map editors are not my strong suit. I may have to rely on you to help me out on the map editor.
>
> As for the Scintilla.NET, that makes my life so much easier. Thanks for the help man. Although your Mirage.NET will be so more advanced and better coded than this will ever be, it is still a great learning adventure for me.

Hey who knows. If you could see what Mirage.NET was like a few months ago you would laugh at me ^^ Everything I'm applying to it is purely based off of all that I've learned and you'll learn a lot too. I'm sure in a few months or so you'll have something great going. If you want, I can give you the source to my map editor, you can see how I handle things and how I manipulate data.

Sure Pm me a link unless you want to give the source out to everyone. Although it will be some time before I even get to the editors. I'd like to make sure that the basic features work, like having npcs rendered and walking around, Players visable on the same map, chat with color text.

Hell your able to see my source on git hub. I'm sure there a lot of people laughing at me right now lol.

It will be released when I'm more comfortable with it but it has more than enough in it for you to take a look at. And hey man, take pride in everything you do because when you look back on it you will feel very pleased knowing how far it went. I think about it every day almost lol.

@JeffSventora:

> And hey man, take pride in everything you do because when you look back on it you will feel very pleased knowing how far it went. I think about it every day almost lol.

Thanks for the words of wisdom. It means a lot. Last time someone posted a .net port of EO all they got was flaming and their topic shut down lol.

Sounds good Man. BTW your real name Jeff? If it is, i find it a little weird a person I share a name with is helping me. Most Jeff's i know other than me and my dad are complete assholes lol

now back on topic.

Just downloaded it. You will get credit if anything is used. For now though my focus is on just getting the client to communicate with ther server and have npcs, players show up and the chat working lol once that is all fixed up I'll start with the maps and other editors.

• 3 weeks later...