Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Final Saga MUD

Xlithan

@'AcidTumbleweed':

> Haha the chat window gives it away :p curious though, how are you planning on handling combat?

Every text game has a chat window similar to this so there's nothing really that gives it away.

At the bottom you have action buttons, you select one of these, then click the player/npc/item picture in the Room Content box. Much of the original source code remains for combat, the only difference is that you're clicking a picture instead of pressing control next to an NPC or player.

• 2 weeks later...
Just upgrading the networking system at the moment. The very original Mirage Source one was only good for small games, that didn't send a lot of packets back and forth. I upgraded this to what an earlier version of Eclipse was using, and now im upgrading it to what Skywyre is using, using packet buffering.

I also want to play around with MySQL and see if I can get that functioning. There was a version of Mirage Source with MySQL I believe, I may take a quick look at that.

If your interested in moving out of Visual Basic 6, and into a new engine coded in C#, give me a shout. Otherwise, good luck. I love the UI, (I'm usually a designer) looks fantastic and matches the games genre very nicely. Like God said, I'm not a big MUD fan either, but this makes me want to try it out. Best of luck, mate!

I've spent years developing this, moving to another engine now is not an option as I have no interest in doing this all over again. I think I started this back in 2009 and have just worked on and off with it since then. If anything, I would like to write a browser-based client for it.

• 3 months later...
@'Slasheree':

> My "OCD" is telling me those "Attack Look Pick Up Talk To Cast" might be aligned within themselves, but they're not centered related to the container XD
> Game looks very interesting though, keep it up.

Same for the room menu, I didn't want to mention these but you brought it up and now it bugs me even more xD