Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Event System Bug

Peaverin

Hi there.

I'm using the newest version of Eclipse Advanced, based on eclipse origins.

There is a little bug when I create an event:

```

[page1]

Show message: Congratulations, i will give you 1000 gold and 1000 exp.

Give: 1000 exp

Give item: 1000 gold

Switch 001 On

[page2 (if switch 001 On)

Show message: you are a good person that saved my life :P

--

```

The problem is that if a player starts pressing control in front of the event after pressing continue, then when he press the actions below are repeated the same times as the player have pressed control.

So if the player press control 10 times, there will be like 10 windows(one below the other) showing the same message, and when press continue, the actions will hapen 10 times because they are really 10 windows there.

Can someone help me to fix it?

Thanks

> Hi there.
>
> I'm using the newest version of Eclipse Advanced, based on eclipse origins.
>
> There is a little bug when I create an event:
>
> ```
>
> [page1]
>
> Show message: Congratulations, i will give you 1000 gold and 1000 exp.
>
> Give: 1000 exp
>
> Give item: 1000 gold
>
> Switch 001 On
>
> [page2 (if switch 001 On)
>
> Show message: you are a good person that saved my life :P
>
> --
>
> ```
>
> The problem is that if a player starts pressing control in front of the event after pressing continue, then when he press the actions below are repeated the same times as the player have pressed control.
>
> So if the player press control 10 times, there will be like 10 windows(one below the other) showing the same message, and when press continue, the actions will hapen 10 times because they are really 10 windows there.
>
> Can someone help me to fix it?
>
> Thanks

Stop pressing ctrl over and over? If you use show text it stops players from pressing ctrl as well. These are some workarounds I have used. Other than that you have to use the pages of an event, or conditional branches in such a way as to minimize the amount of actions in one part of an event. I can't tell you how to change the code to make it work different though because im not sure.

I tried all u said but it doesn't work…

The problem is that a player can use this bug to win all the items he want...

I tested adding exit event processign and the bug is the same. First will happen the actions +1000 gold and +1000 exp and then de stop event processign in all the windows oppened by pressing control.

I don't know how to do it, but i think that the solution is to add to the scripts something that if you have opened an npc conversation and open another (by pressing control 2 times), then close the second (the last opened).

Anyways, thanks all for the replies. ![^_^](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/happy.png)

Actually is a problem that the player won't stop ctrl i tryed this out event placing the rewards first and aloat the end it duplicate (sort of exploit) i don't no coding alot but if someone could just tell me how to do this :

Player press ctrl to NPC (event)

Client read that player is in talk to npc (event only)then Client block using ctrl .

When player talking to npc (event) finished (dialog box close) then client unblock ctrl use

i think it's good method someone can do it easy (not me haha)

> so, you make a variable blockinput, and set it to 0.
>
> when player gets in talk, set to 1, when it closes, set to 0
>
> and in ctrl press sub, add when blockinput = 1 then exit sub
>
> easy ![:P](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.png)

That would be client side though, you would want to implement this fix on the server, client side checks can always be hacked around.

i know, but i merely gave the code they asked for, they talked about clientside ![:P](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.png)

ofcourse you should set it server side, when you send npcchat would be appropriate.

then just detect when its done and reset it, same principle, just server based ![:)](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.png)

Hmm maybe i can look at robins conversation system for reference(probably just a tiny one) cause I never had that problem when using that system. Yes I know they are completely different.. thanks for posting this bug peavir and thanks for replying damian