Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Lavos is looking for Mappers!

Lavos

Looking for a good mapper, No need too much im more focused on building a town city including weapons/armor/item shop with a coliseum to start balancing pvp classes and items.
My main objective on this is exploit bugs that need calibration.

Yea? Okay so its not too much work where you have to create so many maps, its just a town city to hold npc's to sell items and a arena to pvp. This way when the maps are done, i can begin a stress test on the server.

• 2 months later...
Tileset im using are from rpg maker vx and valkryie chronicals, to be honest most of my content are just place holders as i slowly develop more features while i add better content. Maybe if you know better tilesets you can work with at this point of the project. I might make an exception on changing everything out for the tilesets you would like to work with.

If you get custom tielsets at a later point when you've finished the mapping, give the tilesets you have to the person making them so they can (hopefully) make the new tilesets with the same layout that way you don't need to remap everything. Hope that makes sense lol

@'Mohenjo:

> If you get custom tielsets at a later point when you've finished the mapping, give the tilesets you have to the person making them so they can (hopefully) make the new tilesets with the same layout that way you don't need to remap everything. Hope that makes sense lol

I don't even have a serious map to begin with, just 3 maps as a place holder for heavy testing the code. It should be easy for a good mapper to think up ways on how a map should look like. Though I'm a little effy when once my OCD kicks in. Like one example is if i see a forest map suddenly connects to a snow map, I would strongly demand to build a cave dungeon between them. :@

![](http://i.imgur.com/HYA1Joz.png)

bumped, Still looking for eclipse experienced users. 2nd programmer preferably to help explain things to the team. Sometimes i find myself swamped from debugging while 10 questions are being thrown.

Took a break and decided to take a snapshot during the middle of my work. I began porting my code over to the Skywyre  Engine v10 and my god the code is so broken that i did a complete sweep before my code was transferred. I can only say to those who use skywyre will only be disappointed and unusable if you don't have any coding and debugging experience. The only reason that I've decided this is because transferring my code is much easyer than to rip out code from skyewyre. Nearly 1/3 of its code was ripped out and thrown away. Which is the whole menu system from Database handlers and rendering/collision.
![](http://i.imgur.com/9Xuxzp6.jpg)

lol. It's meant for ease of use. It's the most downloaded version of Eclipse since EO 2.0 (I'm fairly certain) and anything on this site isn't meant to be used in a full commercial project without a complete overhall, like Nin Online. If you just want to rip something out to not include my name in the credits, go ahead. Some peeps even claim to have programmed the entirety of the engine themselves. Screw me for trying to keep my name in something I've done and given to the community for free lol. Anyways, this is the last you'll hear of me, Eclipse. (unless I need to set some records straight or something like that in the future)

See ya

I'm not one to normally join in on stuff like this. But I think you are the first person to complain about how Skywyre runs. Yeah some stuff could be done better but most people forget its still Eclipse based. Without re-doing the whole engine and then some, You are still limited to how Eclipse as a whole runs. I found Skywyre top of my list when it came to engines regardless of my relationship with SkywardRiver. It came across as very rude considering the time and effort another member put in ( and released for free). Regardless of a few issues (which would of been cleaned up if skyward remained on eclipse) the engine was awesome.

Your project is nice, really nice.. the graphics and the menu screen itself is awesome..
if you don't like Skywyre why don't you create your own base engine using the base engine like Mirage source, EO 2.0, EO 3.0 or something and add only the stuff that you need for your game

@'SkywardRiver':

> lol. It's meant for ease of use. It's the most downloaded version of Eclipse since EO 2.0 (I'm fairly certain) and anything on this site isn't meant to be used in a full commercial project without a complete overhall, like Nin Online. If you just want to rip something out to not include my name in the credits, go ahead. Some peeps even claim to have programmed the entirety of the engine themselves. Screw me for trying to keep my name in something I've done and given to the community for free lol. Anyways, this is the last you'll hear of me, Eclipse. (unless I need to set some records straight or something like that in the future)
>
> See ya

I'm sorry to hear this from you, since you worked so hard on this modification. I know keeping updates to Skywyre if fairly difficult when proper bug reports aren't reported. I looked at your code and I did like how you've done with most of it. As appreciation, I did plan on including you on my credits scene along with Eclipse and Ascension and some others. I am very sure that the community will love and remember your work. Thanks for sharing.

@'BeNjO':

> I'm not one to normally join in on stuff like this. But I think you are the first person to complain about how Skywyre runs. Yeah some stuff could be done better but most people forget its still Eclipse based. Without re-doing the whole engine and then some, You are still limited to how Eclipse as a whole runs. I found Skywyre top of my list when it came to engines regardless of my relationship with SkywardRiver. It came across as very rude considering the time and effort another member put in ( and released for free). Regardless of a few issues (which would of been cleaned up if skyward remained on eclipse) the engine was awesome.

I agree that the engine is awesome, it's such a shame that Skyward decided to pull the plug on it when I know it still has so much room for improvement.

@'sherwin':

> Your project is nice, really nice.. the graphics and the menu screen itself is awesome..
> if you don't like Skywyre why don't you create your own base engine using the base engine like Mirage source, EO 2.0, EO 3.0 or something and add only the stuff that you need for your game

Thanks for the feedback Sherwin! I'm not saying Skywyre sucks like that, quite frankly I think that is amazing how far eclipse has gone since Robin made the release of the base after the evolution. If I knew I couldn't fix bugs on an engine like skywyre then I wouldn't make the transfer in the first place. I just think every engine is great, they just need more love and support from the community.

• 2 months later...