Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Logo Request

AeroEBrown

Ladies and gentlemen, girls and boys, (Most specifically ladies and girls because men don't have as much creativity.), I desire a very awesome, very impressive, very **PROFESSIONAL** logo for my Gaming Startup.

**Details:**

Alright, so here's the skinny. Essentially I, along with one (maybe two) more people from my College are creating a Game-Creation Startup, something small, at least to begin with, and we need a logo. (We've already developed 90% of our first free-game which is mostly a pong clone, with some extra-special stuff added.)

So what I need you to do, in order to participate in this wonderous splendiferous opportunity, is create a Logo! Aye, I do say Logo! What kind of Logo? Well that is up to you! But follow some sort of guidelines, as such, here they are:

Guideline 1: It needs to be impressive. I want it to stand out in the crowd. Not hide in a corner.

Guideline 2: It needs to be FREE. I stress Free. I refuse to accept something you demand payment for. (However, below you will find the REWARDS section! YAY!)

Guideline 3: It needs to consist of "JeliGaming" which is the startup I am creating. (That's the name of it at least.)

Guideline 4: I will need various versions of it. (B/W, Full Color, Sepia, Negative, etc.)

Guideline 5: I will need various sizes of it. (8K UHDTV: 7680x4320 Not Required, but Recommended; Full 1080p HD: 1920x1080; 720p HD: 1280x720; PAL: 576x520; NTSC: 468x440)

**Rewards and Plunder:**

I will most likely pay the person who submits the most awesome and preferred logo to the contest, however, I WILL NOT GUARANTEE IT. This is NOT A PAID JOB, so please, submit work you are proud of, not work you want money for.

I will also personally submit my recommendation of you to anyone whom you request, think of this as a free-internship. You're doing work that will guarantee you get a good recommendation if yours is chosen, I will boast of your skills to anyone looking for Logo design from you, and will do so freely.

**Length:**

I have no idea. I will stop the contest once the submission I am most pleased with is found.

**Other Details:**

Do not think that this is the only logo I will ever need, as I said, I am creating a Gaming Startup, which means we will eventually have products, and as such will require more logos for them. Those WILL MOST LIKELY be paid, should it be for a paid product.

By submitting your are NOT required to continue to provide work or support for the Logo to me. This is a one time gig. I may ask for something else, but you are NOT obligated to provide, once I have accepted your submission.

I will be updating this topic with further information as it arrives.

If you have any questions, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO PM ME OR POST. I will NOT be afraid to answer any questions you may have.

Thanks,

Aeroplane

> I am good with freestyling, but would like to have a pallet to work with. Hex colors are acceptable. Any particular colors you absolutely don't want to see, asides the obvious abnoxious greens or horrid purples?
>
> Thanks!

I am absolutely in love with Red. <3

Thanks,

Aeroplane

This is miserly of you, your making an unofficial and selfish contest on the forum to get a free logo for your 'gaming startup'. Not only are you looking for it for free, and offering nothing realistic or desirable in return, but your expectations for this logo are tremendously high? Saying you might pay but it's not a pay job, and neither will accept submissions which ask for pay is misleading and unfair. And I don't think a recommendation from an 18 year old is going to achieve anything. An internship is valuble on the job training through an established business. Making you a logo for your 'gaming startup' is not an internship.

> ITT: Corrupt selfish staff members.

This isnt a corrupt staff member, its a person asking for work to be done. How is he abusing his forum powers? Is this topic stickied? Is he offering forum privileges? This is not in news. This is not a forum contest.

> This is miserly of you, your making an unofficial and selfish contest on the forum to get a free logo for your 'gaming startup'. Not only are you looking for it for free, and offering nothing realistic or desirable in return, but your expectations for this logo are tremendously high? Saying you might pay but it's not a pay job, and neither will accept submissions which ask for pay is misleading and unfair. And I don't think a recommendation from an 18 year old is going to achieve anything. An internship is valuble on the job training through an established business. Making you a logo for your 'gaming startup' is not an internship.

Say what you will, I already know who (most likely) will be submitting the winning logo, as we had discussed it before I posted this, however I figured I would give the community a chance to participate as well, after all, it would be selfish of me to only accept a single persons, and not consider anyone else's. As you can see above, there are already three people interested in participating. And should this project take off, that is when the recommendation would be extremely helpful, as well as offer a valuable chance for said participant to get a head start into getting more paid jobs, because let's face it, I will most likely be needing more than one.

Yes, this may be slightly selfish, as my primary concern is acquiring a logo for my Gaming Company, however, the submitter's have every right to deny me the ability to use their logo, all they have to do is say so. So really, in the biggest sense, this is a creativity competition, with slightly less guaranteed rewards than a normal competition here, but should things work out fine, then the rewards could be much greater.

Edit: And the recommendation may or may not have any effect on a potential buyer, but I will at least try, and put forth my best efforts to make sure the buyer understands the amount of work that was put in, and the level of satisfaction I obtained from it.

As I said, this is primarily for a small Game-Design startup, which means it may or may not go anywhere, which is why I posted for a free one, I currently have no budget, but if I get one I will gladly pay for the services rendered. Don't think of me as some cheap-skate. In all honesty, I don't really even need a logo for the first part of my plan, but it would be nice and offer a more professional feel to the project we are working on.

> Will you be wanting an insignia alongside your logo? And what would you want it to look like if you do?

Define Insignia.

> What Theme?

Well, mostly based around the idea of the company itself, being a Game-Development Company, but otherwise I have no idea what theme. (I am not a creative person, I don't have a vision for it.) That being said, I may be able to find out from the other guy what theme to use, as he will be judging it as well. (In fact, I will do just that later today.)

Thanks,

Aeroplane

> I already know who (most likely) will be submitting the winning logo, as we had discussed it before I posted this, however I figured I would give the community a chance to participate as well, after all, it would be selfish of me to only accept a single persons, and not consider anyone else's.

That didn't support your argument, that just made it seem even more unfair to the rest of the improbable people who would be wasting their time designing a logo for you. Of course, it's the choice of community if they'd like to 'submit' an entry, but I feel like your unlikely payment reward is unfair, and your recommendation is absurd. This is something that won't benefit anyone but you. Please either confirm that you'll pay the favourite, or remove it. Its unreasonable to say 'Maybe I'll pay you, but no guarantees, and I won't accept your submission if you want payment'.

I feel strongly about this, I hope you'll see and understand.

> That didn't support your argument, that just made it seem even more unfair to the rest of the improbable people who would be wasting their time designing a logo for you. Of course, it's the choice of community if they'd like to 'submit' an entry, but I feel like your unlikely payment reward is unfair, and your recommendation is absurd. This is something that won't benefit anyone but you. Please either confirm that you'll pay the favourite, or remove it. Its unreasonable to say 'Maybe I'll pay you, but no guarantees, and I won't accept your submission if you want payment'.
>
> I feel strongly about this, I hope you'll see and understand.

The chief purpose behind my decision to not guarantee payment, is I want to see how creative people can get freely. I don't want this turning into some massive hate-fest because people think it's unfair, I refuse to guarantee payment because I know I already have a slight Bias, and I will admit that, which is why I will not be the only person judging this, but the other guy in on this startup with me will be judging as well. I mean no offense to anyone, nor do I mean to try to start any arguments. Yes, this is slightly selfish, yes, I am doing some things that could be done differently, however, I am doing them with the best intentions in mind. If anyone feels any offense to this contest, or anything I say or do, please, feel free to PM me and we can discuss it. Maybe someone can convince me to change the rules or something, but I would like to stress this, I don't want this turning into a contest FOR money, I want it to make the people who submit various ideas happy. Hell, I'll probably find a third party more experienced in design than me or the other person in this startup to present a non-biased professional opinion, after all, I am more worried about the satisfaction of all contestants than anything else.

Thanks,

Aeroplane

> This isnt a corrupt staff member, its a person asking for work to be done. How is he abusing his forum powers? Is this topic stickied? Is he offering forum privileges? This is not in news. This is not a forum contest.

A joke? What's a joke?

I've never heard of these, "jokes" you speak of.

In no way am I trying to contribute to the argument (but I imagine I'll get sucked in regardless) but even though you aren't directly using your admin powers to make this happen, you are. I don't think as a regular member you would even dare to do something like this. That's what it looks like to me, I might be wrong but really, you're sugarcoating this whole thing by offering them "supposed" money and the chance to work _for you_ so you end up winning and there is no benefit whatsoever to the person who makes the logo.

I suggest you make this a talent centre post instead of something that attracts the most attention possible for your own benefits. Or at least rename the post to "Looking for a Logo".

> I don't think as a regular member you would even dare to do something like this. That's what it looks like to me.

That's kinda unfair =/ Magical Aeroplane has always been very charismatic and the majority of his posts have been very contributional, actually offering something. While this may not be considered a contest with the lack of a concrete reward, it is a solid request. Any logo he picks will be put towards a project that is actually likely to go somewhere, and by that alone people will contribute.

Anyone who wants to supply a logo should simply for the love of their craft, not just for the money anyway. Poor college students sure..I can understand expecting some form of a reward, especially in the currency kind. I do agree that a change of format is in order…if money will be offerered 100%, then a contest it can remain. If not, then a request would make more sense.

Either way, I think this has gotten a little out of hand, and everyone should take a breath, grab a cuppa joe, and relax.

Peace & Love. & Steak. <3

> In no way am I trying to contribute to the argument (but I imagine I'll get sucked in regardless) but even though you aren't directly using your admin powers to make this happen, you are. I don't think as a regular member you would even dare to do something like this. That's what it looks like to me, I might be wrong but really, you're sugarcoating this whole thing by offering them "supposed" money and the chance to work _for you_ so you end up winning and there is no benefit whatsoever to the person who makes the logo.
>
> I suggest you make this a talent centre post instead of something that attracts the most attention possible for your own benefits. Or at least rename the post to "Looking for a Logo".

If you would like to place a wager, in fact if I were a standard member I would indeed post something like this. Why? Because it makes sense.

Why would I call this a request, when clearly I will be picking the best of the group. I am hardly sugarcoating anything, in fact, the only sugar-coat here is the title. It should not have the word "Thingy" in it at all.

There is no "supposed" money, as I said, it may happen, IF I get funds, but the majority of this contest will in fact not be based around money. This fact is something you are having trouble understanding. The real reward here is the self-satisfaction that you know you did your best, and I will indeed have a third-party designer comment on the logos submitted, and will have him send any suggestions, comments, critique, etcetera towards all the people who submit logos. This will not only be a personal gain on both accounts, but a professional gain on the contestants account as well, because let's face it, no one trusts anybody these days, and personal recommendations are a good start.

There may also be other awards offered, including a runner-up, third-place, etcetera. I haven't yet decided what, if anything, I will offer for these placements.

Again, I stress this, if anyone DOES NOT feel comfortable with entering, that is perfectly OK. I will NOT obligate anyone towards anything. If you do enter, and then change your mind, that again, is PERFECTLY FINE. Don't think of this as a quick-cash deal, because honestly, it's not. If I do offer money the monetary value will probably be less than that of 50 dollars US Denomination.

Thanks,

Aeroplane