Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[WIP] N.U.K.E. Post apocalyptic Nuclear War survival (need help)

antho3000

N.U.K.E is a role playing survival, you must survive as long as you can. The game works as a Life-Like you get hungry and tired. If you die you cant continue with that character (you die, your character is deleted).

Time era:

Modern/futuristic

Gameplay Type:

ORPG/survival

Features:

You can own territories

Vehicles

Mounts

Followers (You can customize their loadout)

Create your gang and hideouts

You can own your own Home

Physical conditions (Hunger, Tiredness, Illness)

Harvesting

And many monthly event with new items introduced to the game

Scavange your corpse (When you die you can go back to the location you died and retrieve your goods)

If you want to help I need the following:

Image editor

Mapper

Pixel artist (minor things, the game have enough art to make a decent beta)

Someone experienced with RPG balancing

Content moderator

If interested add me on steam, my ID is in my profile, if you don't have steam contact me via PM and let me know what other way of communication i need to use with you.

A devblog will be added soon…

Another one of these, huh? Well, whatever. The graphics look horrible and stretched–all of them. I suggest not releasing a Beta with that. Instead, go on and make better stuff to fulfill your game's quota, and then come back with something presentable. As it stands, it's just another piece of straw on the already huge pile of hay. What makes yours different? What makes it worth playing that I can't just get, better, from something else?

Give your game a special knack--something people will remember when they think of your game. I just don't see it, sorry.

> Another one of these, huh? Well, whatever. The graphics look horrible and stretched–all of them. I suggest not releasing a Beta with that. Instead, go on and make better stuff to fulfill your game's quota, and then come back with something presentable. As it stands, it's just another piece of straw on the already huge pile of hay. What makes yours different? What makes it worth playing that I can't just get, better, from something else?
>
> Give your game a special knack--something people will remember when they think of your game. I just don't see it, sorry.

Can you explain what you mean with "Another one of these, huh?" because all i see now day its medieval fantasy rpgs with RPG maker sprites and tilesets, not to mention everyone is using one of the custom version with the most features and my game does not use eclipse engine. I know this game is different because my inspiration is based on the lack of mmo post apocalypse survivals, ive been looking for one for years before i started working on this. A huge inspiration is the Fallout series and if you are not willing to play it then you are free to do so, but then you dont have the right to say that my game is the same thing you see in your traditional Medieval Fantasy ORPGs. Thanks and have a nice day.

> Can you explain what you mean with "Another one of these, huh?" because all i see now day its medieval fantasy rpgs with RPG maker sprites and tilesets, not to mention everyone is using one of the custom version with the most features and my game does not use eclipse engine. I know this game is different because my inspiration is based on the lack of mmo post apocalypse survivals, ive been looking for one for years before i started working on this. A huge inspiration is the Fallout series and if you are not willing to play it then you are free to do so, but then you dont have the right to say that my game is the same thing you see in your traditional Medieval Fantasy ORPGs. Thanks and have a nice day.

Can you even begin to imagine the mass amounts of "Survival/Apocalyptic/Post-Apocalyptic" games and MMO's that're out there now? So yes, this is "just another one." I wasn't saying that to bash your gaming attempt, I'm trying to help you so you can make something that isn't just a horridly done carbon-copy of most everything I've seen. _Give your game life!_ _Find something that makes your game stand out in the meandering pile of crap that's available._ Because it'll just fade away into nothing if you don't!

Added a feature list, it may expand throught time and soon ill be adding the Proffesions and skills, also the game haz some unique features that no other game ever had like chat, emoticons, press ctrl to fight, more chat, shops, maps, weapons and armors…. oh and the ultimate feature never ever seen in a game, quests, ALSO PETS ZOMFG lolz wut so 1337.... did i mention it have classes and spellz?

> Can you explain what you mean with "Another one of these, huh?"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Post-apocalyptic_video_games

Not only is your game not original, but it doesn't offer anything that a AAA title hasn't already offered. The point of the whole indie game development scene is to create games that AAA titles are afraid to make because of their originality and creativity. Sure, games like Minecraft weren't completely original, but at least they brought forth new features and ideas that previously hadn't been explored.

You on the other hand are a complete mess. You come here trying to act all special because it's not fantasy, yet completely ignore everything else outside of Eclipse. You add skills and "Proffesions" and think that it suddenly becomes amazing. All of the features you've added so far SHOULD ALREADY BE IN A GAME LIKE THIS. It's no better than the newbs who come on here screaming "OH LOOK GUIZ I HAZ CLASSES" and so I gotta be all like "No shit. You should have classes. That's not a feature."

Rethink your game.

> [http://en.wikipedia….tic_video_games](http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Post-apocalyptic_video_games)
>
> Not only is your game not original, but it doesn't offer anything that a AAA title hasn't already offered. The point of the whole indie game development scene is to create games that AAA titles are afraid to make because of their originality and creativity. Sure, games like Minecraft weren't completely original, but at least they brought forth new features and ideas that previously hadn't been explored.
>
> You on the other hand are a complete mess. You come here trying to act all special because it's not fantasy, yet completely ignore everything else outside of Eclipse. You add skills and "Proffesions" and think that it suddenly becomes amazing. All of the features you've added so far SHOULD ALREADY BE IN A GAME LIKE THIS. It's no better than the newbs who come on here screaming "OH LOOK GUIZ I HAZ CLASSES" and so I gotta be all like "No shit. You should have classes. That's not a feature."
>
> Rethink your game.

I dint added "classes" and "skills" to the original post because they are not features, this is not an advertisement thread because nowhere in the original post says "come and play here is the download" if no body likes the idea fine, but the intention of the thread was to present what im working on and asking for a few people who are willing to help. This thread has gone completely off rail and misunderstood. Im open to ideas anyway.

> to present what im working on and asking for a few people who are willing to help.

So you're complaining because I commented negatively on your work?

In that case, THIS IS AMAZINGLY REVOLUTIONARY. I'VE NEVER, EVER SEEN A GAME LIKE THIS EVER. KEEP UP THE AMAZING WORK <3

Happy? If you didn't want people to comment on it, don't post in in this section. The Talent Center is designed for people who are looking for help, which you sorely need. Don't complain because you posted it in the wrong section and failed to state the purpose in the OP. Stop blaming me for your actions.

Ah so this didn't die 2 years ago? Well in any case, welcome back Antho and I'm glad to see you still working on this. Are you working alone at the moment or is that other guy still helping…Whats his name? Oh it was like ![:)](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.png) ![:(](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.png) ![:)](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.png) Or something like that.

> Ah so this didn't die 2 years ago? Well in any case, welcome back Antho and I'm glad to see you still working on this. Are you working alone at the moment or is that other guy still helping…Whats his name? Oh it was like ![:)](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.png) ![:(](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.png) ![:)](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.png) Or something like that.

Im working alone again… ill never thrust some one with a cannabis reference in their avatar never again and yes the original actually died because i lost the files and everything. This version has more features than the original, and is pretty close of my goals back then but seems that people are no longer interested in it.

@Jungle Im not complaining, your opinions are welcomed and i appreciate them, not sure if you are Jungletoe but if you are im glad you leave your opinion and this thread was in the Talent center but it was a non eclipse project so i asked for it to be moved here, sorry for the confusion. the forum has changed a lot in only 2 years

In that case, I thank you for accepting my opinion. Just wanted to make sure that you weren't ignoring some very important pieces of advice. And yes, I'm Jungletoe. I'm glad you're back and continuing this game ![:)](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.png)

Jungle, I use to have a similar mindset to you: If you don't bring something new and radical to the table with your game, don't make it at all. However, after a few months of coming up with crazy ideas, I realized a few things. First and foremost, making games is fun and a great learning experience. Even if it's essentially a clone of another game, you still learn a lot and it's very rewarding. Then there's the slight changes you make to the game, even if it's very similar to another game it is still different in a few ways, and often these ways are significant enough to be worth it. Also, sorry if I'm going out of line, but it seems like your tone is a bit caustic.

That said, Antho3000, your game is kind of lackluster and seems cluttered with silly ideas. Sure, vehicles and mounts may seem like a good idea on the surface, but often they will seem like they were just tacked onto the game. Make sure you make them useful but not overpowered. The same goes for Harvesting. A good example of a poorly done harvest/craft system is skyrim: you click to get minerals, you click to make items. There is no skill, no thought… just a cold calculation to see what will get you the most money the fastest. There isn't really any luck in it, either(though often luck can be annoying). Fable II had a slightly better system that incorporated a mini game to jobs. Even better than that is minecraft, where you have a fun and engaging crafting system. Haven and Hearth gets buy with such a simple crafting system because crafting is such a huge part, everyone has to do it. In skyrim, crafting just seems like an after thought.

**tl;dr**: if you add a feature, do it right.

> Jungle, I use to have a similar mindset to you: If you don't bring something new and radical to the table with your game, don't make it at all. However, after a few months of coming up with crazy ideas, I realized a few things. First and foremost, making games is fun and a great learning experience. Even if it's essentially a clone of another game, you still learn a lot and it's very rewarding. Then there's the slight changes you make to the game, even if it's very similar to another game it is still different in a few ways, and often these ways are significant enough to be worth it. Also, sorry if I'm going out of line, but it seems like your tone is a bit caustic.
>
> That said, Antho3000, your game is kind of lackluster and seems cluttered with silly ideas. Sure, vehicles and mounts may seem like a good idea on the surface, but often they will seem like they were just tacked onto the game. Make sure you make them useful but not overpowered. The same goes for Harvesting. A good example of a poorly done harvest/craft system is skyrim: you click to get minerals, you click to make items. There is no skill, no thought… just a cold calculation to see what will get you the most money the fastest. There isn't really any luck in it, either(though often luck can be annoying). Fable II had a slightly better system that incorporated a mini game to jobs. Even better than that is minecraft, where you have a fun and engaging crafting system. Haven and Hearth gets buy with such a simple crafting system because crafting is such a huge part, everyone has to do it. In skyrim, crafting just seems like an after thought.
>
> **tl;dr**: if you add a feature, do it right.

Thanks Eckhart and yeah i have that in mind, im not dumping features in the game without proper planning.

There's nothing to show for this yet, and this is not a team recruitment board.

To put up a quote from the small ruleset:

> This section is for posting games made with other engines or custom games. Though there are still some rules.
>
> * You must have 25 Posts. Please do not advertise and leave you must be a part of the community.
> * Your topic must contain information on your game and not simply a link to your game post on another forum
> * This is for other Games, not other Engines.
> * **Please post screen shots and at least a few paragraphs of info**.

So far this is nothing but a messy presentation of features and pleas for help. So I'm locking this.