Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How to make tilesets backgroud transparent?

prop11

Actual transparency doesn't exist in .bmp files.

The Eclipse engine, however, reads the very first 32x32 block of your tileset and turns every instance of that color into a transparency.

So if your background is pink/light blue or whatever just make sure the very first (top left) 32x32 tile is a solid block of that color as well and the engine will do the rest.

Edit: As Abhi2011 said, it checks the first pixel - not the first tile. Oops.

• 3 months later...
I've also had trouble with paperdolling and transparency. I tried having the top 32x32 pixels white like the rest of the background but the paperdolled tilesheet just completely covers my sprite. I noticed too when I go into one of the existing paperdoll tilesheets and try saving it as the same name without editing it it says -"do you really want to save? Transparency will be lost."

I'm a bit baffled 8P

I've checked my file format and I have been saving them as .png

It is puzzling, even if I copy an existing paperdolled item that works and rename it like "8" or such, as soon as I save that file without editing it suddenly the item's background becomes white. I've checked that it's format hasn't changed- and it hasn't so I'm at a bit of a loss as to what the problem is.

I've tried this on a few different eclipse versions always with the same result.

oh and I have been making sure that my 1st 1 x 1 pixel is white just like the rest of the background.

> I've checked my file format and I have been saving them as .png
>
> It is puzzling, even if I copy an existing paperdolled item that works and rename it like "8" or such, as soon as I save that file without editing it suddenly the item's background becomes white. I've checked that it's format hasn't changed- and it hasn't so I'm at a bit of a loss as to what the problem is.
>
> I've tried this on a few different eclipse versions always with the same result.
>
> oh and I have been making sure that my 1st 1 x 1 pixel is white just like the rest of the background.

If you use Dx7, i think you should save it .bmp not .png o.O

I'm pretty sure it should be saved to .png since when I tried removing all paperdoll items and replacing them with .bmp my client started crashing when editing items.

Also the **default** paperdoll items in EA and "Some name here" (the eclipse versions I'm experimenting with) are all .png files and have been working.

> I'm pretty sure it should be saved to .png since when I tried removing all paperdoll items and replacing them with .bmp my client started crashing when editing items.
>
> Also the **default** paperdoll items in EA and "Some name here" (the eclipse versions I'm experimenting with) are all .png files and have been working.

Yeah, but if the engine is Dx8 then it should use .png with transparency, so you don't need any colour in the background 1x1 pixel.

Here's a link to a screenshot I took of both the default paperdoll files for EA and the file I made and saved.

http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/b5981cbdca09492166c9821bdbf6a938.png

File 1.png is the one I made which is completely covering my sprite even though I did leave the top pixel unedited. 2.png is one of the default paperdoll skins that works just fine and seems to be formated the same as png.1 which doesn't work 8P

• 4 weeks later...