Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Logo for someone

gdog12356

> Shut up, Nook. If you're the only person the shit is clear to, then it's not ducking clear.

I find it ironic that the man who cannot hold his own tongue would tell me to shut up. Sorry, but I don't idly sit by when called a liar.

Oh, and don't be so ignorant. I might be in the minority, but I most certainly am **not** the only one.

@OP If you're still working on this, you should try out Kusy's idea. I'd like to see how it turns out.

> It's perfectly legible to anyone with some common sense. Those that are fluent in English and couldn't read it should be insulting themselves, not this work.

If a logo is confusing at first glance, common sense or fluency in english are completely irrelevant. I understood that it said WhiteBoy after looking at it two or three times, which is the point that some of us are making. A logo shouldnt have to be dissected to be understood. The E looks like a 3, and the B looks like an E. Clever but confusing at FIRST glance (See how i emphasized "first" there). Don't insult people just because you feel clever. Should we be amazed at how quickly you got it or something? You look at the first 4 letters and the the last two and its easy to fill in the blanks.. eventually. If you got it right away congratulations, you're bi-winning. I did well in english class and I don't remember the teacher ever telling us to write E as 3 or a B as an E. Having said that Im sure most people can figure it out, but theres always gonna someone who goes "ever hear that band Whit 3 Eoy? they rock socks". For all those people who lack "common sense" or just dont bother to look twice, the logo could use some alterations.

> If a logo is confusing at first glance, common sense or fluency in english are completely irrelevant. I understood that it said WhiteBoy after looking at it two or three times, which is the point that some of us are making. A logo shouldnt have to be dissected to be understood. The E looks like a 3, and the B looks like an E. .

If this were an image meant to represent a business, then you'd have a very valid point. Business logos have their own strategy.

Unfortunately for you, we're not talking about businesses. Try to be objective and look at it comparatively with other band logos. Judge it for its identifiability more so than its legibility.

> Clever but confusing at FIRST glance (See how i emphasized "first" there). Don't insult people just because you feel clever. Should we be amazed at how quickly you got it or something? You look at the first 4 letters and the the last two and its easy to fill in the blanks.. eventually. If you got it right away congratulations, you're bi-winning.

No part of me feels clever for being able to read. I could easily spin that accusation of yours around and ask you not to insult the logo just because it makes you feel dense for having difficulty where others did not. It goes both ways.

> I did well in english class and I don't remember the teacher ever telling us to write E as 3 or a B as an E.

Rightfully so. Why would a literature teacher be teaching aspects of design anyway? Bad logic.

> Having said that Im sure most people can figure it out, but theres always gonna someone who goes "ever hear that band Whit 3 Eoy? they rock socks". For all those people who lack "common sense" or just dont bother to look twice, the logo could use some alterations.

Moot point. The world doesn't cater itself to the "Whit 3 Eoy" folk.

After all this controversy the logo has spurred, I agree with you that it ultimately needs some alteration.

> If this were an image meant to represent a business, then you'd have a very valid point. Business logos have their own strategy.
>
> Unfortunately for you, we're not talking about businesses. Try to be objective and look at it comparatively with other band logos. Judge it for its identifiability more so than its legibility.
>
> After all this controversy the logo has spurred, I agree with you that it ultimately needs some alteration.

You're contradictory. For one, a band is a business. It's called the music industry. They provide services (music) and get payment in return.. if theyre profitable. So I don't see your point there. I've been in a few bands, and I can tell you it's exactly like a business. You have to do marketing strategies, proposals, and anything else business related.

My statement about not being taught in english to write E as 3 and B as E was a defense against your "[background=rgb(247, 247, 247)]Those that are fluent in English and couldn't read it should be insulting themselves" .. Who has the bad logic again? If the design has nothing to do with literacy then why bring it up in the first place? [/background]

[background=rgb(247, 247, 247)]At least we can agree it should be altered. Which I find strange since you continue to argue from the side that it's perfectly fine. O.o[/background]

> I find it ironic that the man who cannot hold his own tongue would tell me to shut up. Sorry, but I don't idly sit by when called a liar.
>
> Oh, and don't be so ignorant. I might be in the minority, but I most certainly am **not** the only one.

I could very well sit quiet, but not when someone is intentionally calling me stupid for something that is a common mistake.

Minority is the key word, friend. If the logo was readable, none of this shit would have happened.

Stop trying to prove who is right; the logo obviously isn't going to be changed, and we're all just going to end up with warnings.

Fuck you, Nook.

> Having fun aside (trolling is such a bad word), it was readable. Just as that dragon in your… logo... is readable as an E.

lol because it looks like an E ![:P](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.png)

im on board with the Clear guys, im not special, didnt go to MENSA or anything, looked twice, you put 2 and 2 together, white eoy? no you just persume its a B even if you cant understand it, even though i saw white boy.. but yeah im lying