Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[W.I.P] Enthalion

MadalinV

Mirage Creations is a poor rip off of Robin's CSDE. If you have any bit of dignity, don't use it.

On top of that, not caring about the design of the engine you're using shows that you don't care about your project as a whole, that's a big turn off for anyone who may read this topic.

Regards,

GP

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You dont even know the gameplay of my game, Its not Mirage, is based off mirage its like saying every engine based on eclipse origins, its eclipse origins. Now, stop saying anything about my engine… You didnt try it, you have no reason to sqy me to take qnother one.

Regards,

From my monkey.

> Im sorry but….
>
> Noone would play Skyrim,WoW or other games with critical bugs...
>
> Game must be user safe and compact.
>
> 1.st of all is engine with features or not but engine as core who is bugfree so players dont have problems in gamin.
>
> Graphic could be retro or 8bit with engine who dont have bugs would be better then, skyrim with bugs that doesnt allow u fight,chat with npc, or even see some objects...

when i play skyrim on my Alienware computer (so no lag) it is some bugs WoW has a major bug etc

MAJOR FACT*************************************

ALL GAMES HAVE BUGS

> that's true as prop11 said "all games have bugs" that's why there are beta testers to identify it. even EO2.0 has bugs and has a thread to fixed them.
>
> Good luck on your game.

Finally someone understands me ![-_-](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sleep.png)

Thanks, BugSICK! ![:D](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.png) Good luck on ResBak too ![:)](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.png)

just telling the truth, every game i played (online) has bugs. all game forums has a thread "Report Bugs Here", but comparing mirage and Eclipse, eclipse is more stable. but i believe you have your developer to optimize your engine.

someone just said "the best version is your version." i think its Mortal Angels

> just telling the truth, every game i played (online) has bugs. all game forums has a thread "Report Bugs Here", but comparing mirage and Eclipse, eclipse is more stable. but i believe you have your developer to optimize your engine.

The engine is being optimized and modified by Lavos, I'm not that stupid to choose an unstable engine over a stable one.

> someone just said "the best version is your version." i think its Mortal Angels

Yeah, he was the one who said that.

Note: Added a "Go To Website" to the topic!

All people have been trying to say is that Mirage is an outdated engine and that your responses to them telling you this have been viewed as childish. If you want to use Mirage, you can - who's to say you can't? If you wanted to use finger-paint to create a new bio-fuel - who's to say you can't? - per example.

- Zex, your sarcastic responses weren't helping the spiraling raging going on in this thread. Just ignore them and warn them via the "Report" text found at the bottom of their post next time.

- Guys posting in this thread, chill it. Constructive Criticism is welcome, but the way some of you have worded it have been close to flamebaiting. I can see you were just trying to help, but there are the right tools for the right job.

Consider this a universal verbal warning because I'm too lazy to send them all out individually, and I think a post would be just as well to cease this burgeoning Flamewar.

If anybody finds me unfair or has any further issues, PM me about it, or use the report button if there's a flame revival going on.

Regards,

Azkanan.

> All people have been trying to say is that Mirage is an outdated engine and that your responses to them telling you this have been viewed as childish. If you want to use Mirage, you can - who's to say you can't? If you wanted to use finger-paint to create a new bio-fuel - who's to say you can't? - per example.
>
> - Zex, your sarcastic responses weren't helping the spiraling raging going on in this thread. Just ignore them and warn them via the "Report" text found at the bottom of their post next time.
>
> - Guys posting in this thread, chill it. Constructive Criticism is welcome, but the way some of you have worded it have been close to flamebaiting. I can see you were just trying to help, but there are the right tools for the right job.
>
> Consider this a universal verbal warning because I'm too lazy to send them all out individually, and I think a post would be just as well to cease this burgeoning Flamewar.
>
> If anybody finds me unfair or has any further issues, PM me about it, or use the report button if there's a flame revival going on.
>
> Regards,
>
> Azkanan.

Okay, I'm not jumping out at you, I just want to clear something up.

He is not using a vanilla copy of Mirage 4.0 or below, he's using an engine known as "Mirage Creations".

It was pretty much a rip off of Robin's Crystalshire Developer's Engine, before he released it to the public for free. It's pretty buggy and unstable, even worse than a vanilla CS:DE IMO.

Mark also went on to release an engine built in C#, I don't remember the name, but it was pretty bad; quote from Jacob,

> [background=rgb(236, 236, 236)]Whoever wrote this just made EVERYTHING public static, this is absolutely horrible coding practice. I can guess most of the people that would use it don't care about OOP and other more advanced techniques, but jesus this code is bad.[/background]

Regards,

GP

> Okay, I'm not jumping out at you, I just want to clear something up.
>
> He is not using a vanilla copy of Mirage 4.0 or below, he's using an engine known as "Mirage Creations".
>
> It was pretty much a rip off of Robin's Crystalshire Developer's Engine, before he released it to the public for free. It's pretty buggy and unstable, even worse than a vanilla CS:DE IMO.
>
> Mark also went on to release an engine built in C#, I don't remember the name, but it was pretty bad; quote from Jacob,
>
> Regards,
>
> GP

Oh. Oops.

[Ok, guys, you can come now to the website! ![:)](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.png) added a custom error page for error 404 (page not found) too! ![:D](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.png)](http://enthalion.22web.org)

I've read this thread from page one 'till the current and all of those comments.

Honestly, your project is interesting, but like said by others, it seems to be copied or plagiarized. You're fourteen years old right? Age doesn't really matter but the outlook of things with other people is a very important point to consider. I noticed you asked for opinions (which is good) but once you receive a negative opinion, you just seem to go and say "Who told you to post your opinion here? Get out of my thread. Learn proper understanding." People have been trying to help you, I'm not sure if you can clearly see that. Have you been scolded by your parents? Take that as an example, they get mad when you do something wrong 'cause they wanted to **correct** you. In which on my opinion, the Eclipse forum is considered as a whole family which corrects the mistake of another. I don't know what's the problem, but many people were already pointing out what's wrong with the GUI. If you'd ask me, it's over embossed and it's really mismatched. Buttons don't really need _fancy_ fonts, it'll just make them look ugly. I design GUIs myself and when I see something not good, I like to correct them, instead of blurting "I don't like it, go die.". This game can improve a lot if you'd look from **another person's point of view**. If you're asking what I meant, it means, once you finish something, play the role of an audience. See if something's wrong and correct them. I've noticed with you is, when you see it good, you don't seem to be open with what other people thinks of it. In which that will ruin your game and your personality. And as a leader of a project, it's your responsibility to **be open with criticisms, especially negative ones**. You're not bad with graphics, but I'm not saying you're good. Your skills with it can improve beyond of what you can think. Everyone has potentials, but one needs to listen with what other says.

Now, I'll be discussing about your game. It's interesting as I said earlier, but it seems to be copied or plagiarized. It's not wrong to copy them and review them, but copying them and claiming it as your own is the bad thing. We're not officially blaming you, we're just telling you that it **seems** to be a copy-paste kind of thing for the classes. As for your story, feel what your audience likes and see what fits your GUI, Music, Color theme and suchs misc. Everything needs to connect like a puzzle piece. You can just for example name a game "Heaven" with some demons eating a kid on the background right? As for your GUI, it's overly embossed but the concept is not bad. And as for the text on the buttons, don't use fancy fonts, it ruins it.

That's all I wanted to say. Please do take this a constructive criticism, it's not wrong to hear what other people would like to say right?

Regards,

Juvanio

> I've read this thread from page one 'till the current and all of those comments.
>
> Honestly, you project is interesting, but like said by others, it seems to be copied or plagiarized. You're fourteen years old right? Age doesn't really matter but the outlook of things with other people is a very important point to consider. I noticed you asked for opinions (which is good) but once you receive a negative opinion, you just seem to go and say "Who told you to post your opinion here? Get out of my thread. Learn proper understanding." People have been trying to help you, I'm not sure if you can clearly see that. Have you been scolded by your parents? Take that as an example, they get mad when you do something wrong 'cause they wanted to **correct** you. In which on my opinion, the Eclipse forum is considered as a whole family which corrects the mistake of another. I don't know what's the problem, but many people were already pointing out what's wrong with the GUI. If you'd ask me, it's over embossed and it's really mismatched. Buttons don't really need _fancy_ fonts, it'll just make them look ugly. I design GUIs myself and when I see something not good, I like to correct them, instead of blurting "I don't like it, go die.". This game can improve a lot if you'd look from **another person's point of view**. If you're asking what I meant, it means, once you finish something, play the role of an audience. See if something's wrong and correct them. I've noticed with you is, when you see it good, you don't seem to be open with what other people thinks of it. In which that will ruin your game and your personality. And as a leader of a project, it's your responsibility to **be open with criticisms, especially negative ones**. You're not bad with graphics, but I'm not saying you're good. Your skills with it can improve beyond of what you can think. Everyone has potentials, but one needs to listen with what other says.
>
> Now, I'll be discussing about your game. It's interesting as I said earlier, but it seems to be copied or plagiarized. It's not wrong to copy them and review them, but copying them and claiming it as your own is the bad thing. We're not officially blaming you, we're just telling you that it **seems** to be a copy-paste kind of thing for the classes. As for your story, feel what your audience likes and see what fits your GUI, Music, Color theme and suchs misc. Everything needs to connect like a puzzle piece. You can just for example name a game "Heaven" with some demons eating a kid on the background right? As for your GUI, it's overly embossed but the concept is not bad. And as for the text on the buttons, don't use fancy fonts, it ruins it.
>
> That's all I wanted to say. Please do take this a constructive criticism, it's not wrong to hear what other people would like to say right?
>
> Regards,
>
> Juvanio

inb4 mod take this as flame baiting, NEGATIVEPOINT4U

no,

im joking

wait

am i?

but anyway

there, this guy right here summed up what i wanted to say in better, non broken English

you should be happy, because look at his signature, he is from Naruto. OMG AN ANIME CHARACTER IRL? and oh he is also an uke, so yeah, if you get what i mean xD . I hope you take his comment seriously

> Ok, I changed the font on the buttons to one that can be read very easy, and put the logo I made to it:
>
> ![](http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff450/darkgray/GUI.png)

Buttons are better now. You might wanna make the text smaller though? 'Quit Game' is a bit, crowded.

And the the logo is a bit too high. Put some home box on it by the way, it feels like an empty space.

So far, it improved.