Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Need Some advertising tips

Ashley

Ok, so i have no money. Could you give me a few good advertising pointers to help me boost my game? The website already has a system where you HAVE to like my facebook page to be able to download the client. So i get more publicity that way. but is there any method to boost the users????

Your system where you have people like your facebook to download is rather a bit too much. Go onto websites which support MMO's and ORPG's and put your game there. Put it on facebook/twitter. Make a website. Have friends tell friends, etc. What more could you ask for?

> The website already has a system where you HAVE to like my facebook page to be able to download the client. So i get more publicity that way.

Thats a very bad idea, it might even keep people away from downloading your client, its better to advertise on indie game sites and (gaming) forums.

> Make post on IndieDB

I think there are too much users and good/popular games on IndieDB…

Its hard to get many users there...

whats about giving out points for liking our site too?

On Topic:

Make Videos about your game (Youtube, etc) And screenshots so others can see your game and maybe they want to play then...

> I think there are too much users and good/popular games on IndieDB…
>
> Its hard to get many users there...

The trick with IndieDB is to show constant progress. I used to update Crawle every day, I went from 4 to 400 followers in less than a year.

There's many "Top 100 Free MMOs" "Top 200 Free Online Server" and such websites which are an okay way to get some advertisement. The results can be pretty mitigated however, having a established playerbase in your game helps with such sites as it works by user votes. Some games/private servers sometimes encourage their players to vote in such game lists by offering certain in-game rewards for X amount of days voted.

> Ok, so i have no money. Could you give me a few good advertising pointers to help me boost my game? The website already has a system where you HAVE to like my facebook page to be able to download the client. So i get more publicity that way. but is there any method to boost the users????

Just a few obvious ones. Share with friends, post links in your signatures on all the forums you're on to your game, and post a topic about your game in the Eclipse Projects section.