Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Host Server With No-IP

Socgreaser

So, before I start developing my game, I need a server. I followed a NO-IP tutorial, but when I turn on my server, the client will get stuck at Connected. Sending Login Information. I have a friend that will write the quests, but I need to be connected too. Any ideas of whats happening? Is there free hosting that will work with eclipse? My IP is dynamic.

> If your router is dynamic, it will make it very hard to host a server.

That is why there is No-IP

> Is the Router a netgear? if so, you can make it a static IP. not sure about the other ones.

Since the IP is provided by the ISP I don't see how a router can make an IP static.

> Is the Router a netgear? if so, you can make it a static IP. not sure about the other ones.

Its not :/ I have to contact my internet provider so he can open access to the modem configuration. Is there any free/low cost hosts that would make it possible to run the server?

> Its not :/ I have to contact my internet provider so he can open access to the modem configuration. Is there any free/low cost hosts that would make it possible to run the server?

Your friend should connect with the external IP, you can just connect VIA localhost.

> Its not :/ I have to contact my internet provider so he can open access to the modem configuration. Is there any free/low cost hosts that would make it possible to run the server?

https://clients.thrustvps.com/cart.php?gid=23

They have some starting at about 7 bucks per month. If you cant configure your network now what makes you sure you will be able to configure a VPS? Is there a particular reason you are using port 80? You are not hosting a web server or an browser game change it to something else, you might have multiple things wrong. No-Ip isn't configured properly, your firewall is blocking everything it sees. AVG is blocking something.

Did you try to trace rout?

For NO-IP to work you need to make sure all of these things are correct:

* You've portforwarded and have set the matching port in your server and clientside config.ini files.
* NO-IP is set up correctly.
* Your firewall isn't blocking NO-IP or your game/server.
* Your antivirus isn't blocking anything.

That should be it. If it doesn't work, you haven't done something in that list right. As was suggested, try using a different port than 80.

> For NO-IP to work you need to make sure all of these things are correct:
>
> * You've portforwarded and have set the matching port in your server and clientside config.ini files.
> * NO-IP is set up correctly.
> * Your firewall isn't blocking NO-IP or your game/server.
> * Your antivirus isn't blocking anything.
>
> That should be it. If it doesn't work, you haven't done something in that list right. As was suggested, try using a different port than 80.

No-IP has an option that automatically forwards all packets to port 80.

> Ok, I portfowarded Port 7500, changed my clients port to 7500 and the Server Port to 80, it registered my account, but now it says the server if offline.

The server needs to listen on the same port as the client. Change your server port to 7500 as well.