Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How about a Space MMORPG with Eclipse Engine?

xscix

I have looked at some website of making RPG's all being in the dark age and what not but has anyone done anything else with the engine?

Why not make the engine to a point where there can be space explorations, where guilds have to fight to keep the guild planet(s)

Having the game still in the same 2D format or maybe even 2.5D but have gravity for the maps that’s in space and normal movement for when

you and land or sea.

What do all of you think?

> I have looked at some website of making RPG's all being in the dark age and what not but has anyone done anything else with the engine?
>
> Why not make the engine to a point where there can be space explorations, where guilds have to fight to keep the guild planet(s)
>
> Having the game still in the same 2D format or maybe even 2.5D but have gravity for the maps that’s in space and normal movement for when
>
> you and land or sea.
>
> What do all of you think?

No doubt it could be done, but it would require quite a bit of work. The idea is original (compared to the other Eclipse projects here), and I wouldn't mind trying playing it. The only question is can you put in enough hard work to make it?

I can most dif put some time in it, but this is not a one person job, there is coding, graphics and GUI’s at play too, I can make something but it will not be MMO that’s for sure, I can most dif get graphics and coding in, but I just don’t know where to start, that’s why I am asking in the forum, because someone prob already tried what I am talking about.

I can most dif put some time in it, but this is not a one person job, there is coding, graphics and GUI’s at play too, I can make something but it will not be MMO that’s for sure, I can most dif get graphics and coding in, but I just don’t know where to start, that’s why I am asking in the forum, because someone prob already tried what I am talking about.

I rather do sprite rotation as I can do the 3D models too, and just pull the 2.5D model for the game.

> Where to start? Pixel based movement and sprite rotation.

I rather do sprite rotation as I can do the 3D models too, and just pull the 2.5D model for the game.

> Please do this. Much better than a lame 2D RPGXP game.

Na not lame, to be frank, I like 2D, and I dont want to go full blown 3D, there is a lot of people that say Vb is deing if not dead already.

but I love that we can make just about anything we need in a very small amount of time. i make a small database program for a customer in VB6, so yeah,, back to the story at hand.

• 3 years later...
I've used this engine to make just about any type of game you can think of *including space* about 8 years ago there was a really promising space game that was being made by Dr. Nova.

I've done so far is dark age fantasy based games, modern mafia game With working cars at one point long time ago, futuristic space rpg(not ships), Space Pirate game, normal Pirate Game, Bug evolution game, and a few others I just don't remember lol.