Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How can we improve the community?

azkanan

anonymous entries, too.

We've asked and asked people to make meaningful Q&A topic names and to search before asking, yet we're still getting stupid posts.

Moderator Review before Q&A posting, for a short while? Otherwise people slip through with stupid questions. The questions get asked and answered, but then people can't search for their answers because of meaningless topic names.

Or possible a 5 warn for stupid titles?

Also;

> I implore anyone who has a problem with me to throw on their big boy pants, add this skype (epiphanez), and converse with me directly about any issues they may have. ![;)](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.png)

This sort of nonsense needs to stop. "Throw on their big boy pants". It's antagonisation, borderline flame-baiting. A lot of what you say comes across as Sarcastic, Bud.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> Moderator Review before Q&A posting, for a short while? Otherwise people slip through with stupid questions. The questions get asked and answered, but then people can't search for their answers because of meaningless topic names.

I would see this just turning out worse. If people are making posts then having to wait for a mod to approve it in the Q/A section, we will probably see even more questions being asked in the shoutbox since there is no approval waiting.

> Why don't you code the website so there are no more than 2 accounts per IP (2, because there may be brothers for example that browse from the same IP/PC)

I could see that causing a lot of problems. Also ip addresses do change.

Also i agree with Ertzel that moderating the QA isnt a good idea. While there is some questions that have already been answered it comes off as rather unfriendly. Also the moderation would be insane.

@BrutalWar I am the developer of Ambardia, what the duck are you on about? "Give you Ambardia's engine?"

1\. I am not a head developer of Eclipse, nor do I even want to be. Ambard pays me for my service which isn't a lot but it's better then what I've noticed the members of this community treat their own developers.

2\. My code isn't even community-friendly, one look in my source and the normal new coder would be lost, I rarely added comment documentation and it's just a mess right now but it's Richy-friendly.

3\. Ambardia's engine is DX7, go play with your DX8's.

> @BrutalWar I am the developer of Ambardia, what the duck are you on about? "Give you Ambardia's engine?"
>
> 1\. I am not a head developer of Eclipse, nor do I even want to be. Ambard pays me for my service which isn't a lot but it's better then what I've noticed the members of this community treat their own developers.
>
> 2\. My code isn't even community-friendly, one look in my source and the normal new coder would be lost, I rarely added comment documentation and it's just a mess right now but it's Richy-friendly.
>
> 3\. Ambardia's engine is DX7, go play with your DX8's.

It's RICHY FRIENDLY, Dawg! You hear me?!

<3

Anyway. That guy has been dealt with. Nevermind his silly antics. I even took the time out of my day to converse privately with him; suffice it to say he has some serious misconceptions. And Marshy Dearest, a few of us agree that there should be a minimal post count required to access (use, not view) the shoutbox. Possibly between 1 and 5 topics. The reasons for this are stated somewhere in this topic; if you can't manage to find 'em I'll holler at ya tomorrow.

> I could see that causing a lot of problems. Also ip addresses do change.
>
> Also i agree with Ertzel that moderating the QA isnt a good idea. While there is some questions that have already been answered it comes off as rather unfriendly. Also the moderation would be insane.

Then get some insane moderators.

ba-dum-tch

But even cleaning up just the topic titles would do a world of good for futur searches. As well as pruning some of the VERY old junk.

Okay, what about instead of rewarding players who have proven to be very helpful in the Q/A section with giving them their own user-group/title like I suggestion before, we make them a moderator of just the Q/A forums. They wouldn't have any mod powers over any other part of the forums, only the Q/A but would have full mod powers on those.

Then these Q/A moderators would keep helping people in that section and also do things like pinning resolved topics and locking them, sticking the best thread that answers questions asked over and over again, fixing up topic tiles to be more search-friendly and things like that.

> Okay, what about instead of rewarding players who have proven to be very helpful in the Q/A section with giving them their own user-group/title like I suggestion before, we make them a moderator of just the Q/A forums. They wouldn't have any mod powers over any other part of the forums, only the Q/A but would have full mod powers on those.
>
> Then these Q/A moderators would keep helping people in that section and also do things like pinning resolved topics and locking them, sticking the best thread that answers questions asked over and over again, fixing up topic tiles to be more search-friendly and things like that.

That seems like a reasonable idea. As long as someone is willing to fulfill just that role.

Ya, we (the current forum staff) would just watch the Q/A section and when we see people helping a lot and giving useful advice, we would talk about them and then someone would contact that user and ask if they want to be made a mod of that section. Or something along those lines for who gets picked…

Guys, given the option, if everybody in the forum was given an avatar that you could dress, equip and customize, how would you like it to appear, style-wise?

Below are some blatantly stolen pieces, as examples.

Option 1: Classic RPG Sprite.

Option 2: Manga-y humanistic

Option 3: Full Art

Option 4: Other? Do share.

![](http://puu.sh/25NPE.png)