• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> Blá blá blá…Make better.
>
> 1 - Centralize Eclipse and it will be ugly. You know nothing about design;
>
> 2 - The text beside the boxes follows the standard design, you probably did not open on DPIs enough to see them right, I indicate download the image or replace your video card. Or maybe your Eye...
>
> 3 - Weight? all the weight of the image is on the left side, you need a scale? I have one;
>
> 4 - There is no transparency, the box is leaked, you need glasses and study design maybe;
>
> 5 - Not there are shadows, I said, your eyes or your video card;
>
> Make something better and then say something, or perhaps study as much as I to give his view about things.

1) I maintain my opinion, and I disagree about my lack of design knowledge. It's hard to say which one is better without a picture, why not post one to shut me up about it ![;)](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.png)

2) The standard design sadly does not allow text to be easily readable at that size, at least at my resolution(1920x1080 px)

3)Now I see why you put weight on the top right corner, but honestly I don't think that's the best choice. Why not add more wisps to the right side instead of the picture instead of just the top right corner

4)There is transparency. You can see the picture behind the box, but it's not completely opaque. I don't know what the box is leaked means, so I might just be confused there.

5)When I said shadow thing I meant the bevel.

I'm trying to offer advice, not to undermine your whole GUI. It's your choice to listen to it, obviously. you can insult my eyes and design skills all you want but it doesn't make it true. I'm confident about my opinions and I maintain the hope that you will listen to them. I would make a GUI if I wanted to, but Eclipse is not very relevant to my life anymore and spending 5+ hours designing a GUI for it would not be something enjoyable for me. While I like design, my time designing stuff would much better be used on the projects I'm currently working on. If you'd like, I can provide some pictures of art/design pieces I've made recently, obviously through form of private message and not in this thread.

> 1) I maintain my opinion, and I disagree about my lack of design knowledge. It's hard to say which one is better without a picture, why not post one to shut me up about it ![;)](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.png)
>
> 2) The standard design sadly does not allow text to be easily readable at that size, at least at my resolution(1920x1080 px)
>
> 3)Now I see why you put weight on the top right corner, but honestly I don't think that's the best choice. Why not add more wisps to the right side instead of the picture instead of just the top right corner
>
> 4)There is transparency. You can see the picture behind the box, but it's not completely opaque. I don't know what the box is leaked means, so I might just be confused there.
>
> 5)When I said shadow thing I meant the bevel.
>
> I'm trying to offer advice, not to undermine your whole GUI. It's your choice to listen to it, obviously. you can insult my eyes and design skills all you want but it doesn't make it true. I'm confident about my opinions and I maintain the hope that you will listen to them. I would make a GUI if I wanted to, but Eclipse is not very relevant to my life anymore and spending 5+ hours designing a GUI for it would not be something enjoyable for me. While I like design, my time designing stuff would much better be used on the projects I'm currently working on. If you'd like, I can provide some pictures of art/design pieces I've made recently, obviously through form of private message and not in this thread.

I have not read.

> Yes, we know.
>
> Can we try to keep this on topic, guys? Starting to detract from the _original_ purpose.

You realise that replying to that _after_ two days of silence (i.e. no one had brought it up again) doesn't exactly help the situation.

Holy sweet mother of cute little baby He'zeus, the ego's floating around in this topic. Need I remind anyone that ego's need not apply in regards to an open source, public domain setting? Cool story, you contributed; so has every one else, and the quality of the contribution is second hand to **what** was contributed in an objective context.

• 2 weeks later...
Well, I took my time but here it is, my full entry.

Sample:
>! ![](http://freemmorpgmaker.com/uploadfiles/60db6268e2f18560839dc4031d47bf15.jpg)
>! Too many things open.

Also included: [Packaged GUI download link (does not include PSD files)](https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/61725703/EC%2B%2B%20GUI%20Only.rar)

I based my GUI on the classic Eclipse GUI, with 35 item inventories, and shops as big as banks.

Hope it's nice or something.

> Well, I took my time but here it is, my full entry.
>
> I based my GUI on the classic Eclipse GUI, with 35 item inventories, and shops as big as banks.
>
> Hope it's nice or something.

Woah, that is waayyy too dark, man! And the buttons do not match! Neither does the text on the buttons! And the chatbox does not fit in the slightest! Good effort, but wow.

> Woah, that is waayyy too dark, man! And the buttons do not match! Neither does the text on the buttons! And the chatbox does not fit in the slightest! Good effort, but wow.

Maybe the chatbox is slightly too transparent, and I thought having the text of the buttons… It's the font, isn't it?

I wasn't sure about it, but didn't think about changing it either.

Thanks for checking it though.

• 2 months later...