Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

OH COME ON!

spectrelead

ok so I am here with all my buddy just chilling tell I get the idea to make a Multiplayer game for us and since most of my friends are big pokemon fans, I am making them a pokemon mystery dungeon's game, but when I wanted to test something with some friends, it didn't work and they got real steamed. (not their fault)

I believe it has something to do with the way I made the game.  The IP for the server is telling me it is:

but when I look at IP Chicken it says:

So anyway me and my friends are there I log in as admit, but suddenly my friends are yelling at me saying: HEY, I CAN'T GET ON!? GET THE SERVER UP!
So I look at the server which is still up and running and I say: It is up

Please I am depret, I need my friends on the game sooner or later, but it won't get them the connection.  tell me what is going on?

Ok I do what the tutorial says: put your IP number in and log in, but when I do that I don't have a connection anymore.  Which isn't very fair. Also that blue uploader thing that is suppose to appear when you began the server for the first time never showed up.  I have "Total Eclipse Final"

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have to forward your ports…
Other than that you put your ip (74.44.110.44) in the config.ini file in your client folder, and you type 192.168.1.103 in your address bar, forward your ports (there are guides on these forums) and then viola~!

I don't think so, I did what you said, and still nothing happened, let alone my IP suddenly changed to *Blocked*…. help me.  I opened the ports I think.

1st I looked for the port I had, then when it came to the programs part I chose eclipse, then it gave me abunch of directions.  I turned off "Block Anonymous Internet Requests", then I moved on to the "Port Range Forward" and typed in Eclipse as the application, then I had to do this "start to end" thing which I put as 4000, left both proticales alone as both, then enabled it, what am I missing?

@Sigait:

> ok look what u have to do,if u want an easy way to get ur game online then i advise u to go and download hamachi if u dont know how to do add me in [email protected]

Do not use Hamachi… Worst advice to give someone.

Just use www.no-ip.com, and follow the directions to get a no-ip address, which you use instead of your IP address in the IP config.

You may still have to portforward the needed ports, and also have to run a no-ip program all the time.

ok ok ok, I tried both and they still don't work, what is going on.  The people I promised this game to are getting impassiant and I did a test demo of it and someone commented "This was a waste of a D/l" cause I didn't know that it wouldn't connect. I need some serious help

Look, its not too hard to understand. I am 13 so age doesnt matter. Go to Windows Control Panel. Click on Windows Firewall. Click on "On". Go to Exceptions. Click Add port. Put in the name Eclipse and the port 4000\. CLick OK. If you have a router, go to a browser on a computer. Type in your routers IP address (the IP your server tells you) like this. http://192.168.1.103\. A popup should come up saying username, Password. Leave username blank (unless it has had its username and password defaults changed) and put "admin" as the password. If this box does NOT pop up, try to get on the computer that you set up your router with and try it again. While on your router settings, go to whatever holds the ports. It will most likely be in an applications and gaming menu. Once you find where it is, put in the name of the port (Eclipse) and the port 4000\. If it asks for port___ to Port___, then put 4001 in the second blank. If it asks for Protocol, click on the dropdown menu and select "Both". Click Apply or whatever, and give your IP address to your friends. You probably have a changing IP address as well. Unless you have a hosting service (very costly and business-like) your IP address changes. Just update it on your website. So, you should be done. If you read these directions and do everything EXACTLY how I told you, you should have port forwarded your game. I hope this helps!

If you open a port it will either ask which computer or the number of the computer.
You will need to find out which computer you are.
Goto: Run -> "CMD" -> ipconfig
Look for: "192.168.1."

will be your computer.
You will need to use that number to tell the ports which PC to go to.

If you need more help I need to know what router you use.