Drummerpete

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
@Oizumi03:

> I have some that may need answering.
> Q: How can I open the admin/mapping window?
> A: F1
>
> Q: How can I make a guild?
> A: F4
>
> Q: How can I have more than 1 class?
> A: Open your Data.ini, change the "Classes=0" to "Classes=1", then copy your "Class0.ini" into however many classes you want, then change there names to match (ex, Class0.ini, Class1.ini, Class2.ini would make 3 classes.) Then edit them as you please.
>
> Q: How come I can't acces my game? It says "Error: (something about a port).
> A: That means that port for the IP you're using if in useage so you need to change it. Open your Data.ini and change the port to something like 6339 instead of 4000\. Make sure you're client's Config.ini matches the port numbers.

Just thought I'd mention, my 'classes' already equals 1\. It still doesn't work.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
@blueman7017:

> i typted my ip and the client wont run but WTH is a port

blueman7017, as said (right above your post), please do not ask questions in this thread.

Regardless though, welcome to Eclipse.

It would have been better to make a new topic though :sad:

Anyway, whenever you are communicating to another computer, you are sending data from one computer to another.
For intense, when you load this website, all the information from this website, is sent to your computer.

But, how does your computer sort out all the information between a website, and for instance, Eclipse?  Simple, it all runs on different ports.

For instance, the internet, you're on Port 80; eclipse uses Port 4000 or port 4001

For more information, simply go to google.com and type in "what are TCP Ports", to use the world wide web (as well as Port 80), to inform yourself :)

As for your client not working, if it doesn't even run, there's probably an underlying reason not affiliated with the IP Address; make a new topic with more information, and I'll be glad to help you out

Just two things Dezzy :

1\. In this question :

> Q: Can I make a battlesystem in my game using Eclipse?
> A: Battle Systems are possible, but need to be scripted in the E.E source.

The answer is kind of confusing (At least to me)

You should put something like 'Battle Systems are possible, but needed to be scripted in using Sadscript (And link in [This](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=40748.0))
or hardcoded into the Eclipse Source using VB6

2\. Niko's 'Huge List of Tutorials' isn't that visible as a link, you should put something like ' <– Link ' next to it.

3\. Something you should add should be 'Controls'
(ex. Arrow keys to move, Enter to pickup, Shift to run, F1 admin panel, control to attack/talk/read sign

And you should link [this](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=36848.0) somewhere

And Gwens big tutorial