Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Silver GUI Editor and Gold GUI Editor

abhi2011

Hi guys,

Just checked out the Silver edition and frankly speaking I wasn't amazed at all. Just a CV engine with some random crap into it. But to truly judge I would have to see the source code. So, I am not saying anything much.

On-Topic:

What is the diff between the Silver GUI editor and the gold GUI editor? 

Regards,

Abhi2011

> Well The Silver Package is quite good i have been running it sense it came out and it hasnt Crashed! Plus i like all the new features it brought to the table. Like housing, mail, friends list, and Zones!

Why you was global mod on old EclipseOrigins.com and now you aren't? O.o

Amish will there at least be a scripting system?

I mean its all fine and dandy that you plan on putting every single feature into one code base.

But there will always be the problem of every game being the same feature wise.

Eclipse Total (I think) thrived because there were actively people doing features in sadscript.

Many debates have started over the scripting system in EO 4.0\. The main/only reason it hasn't been done or been put onto the 'todo' list is purely because scripting allows users who are using the eclipses server hosting facilities and gaining access to the server host via the scripts. Its quite easy to set up and might even result in destroying the server if the person who wrote it had any talent at all, destroying everyone's data who has paid for the server hosting. I'm sure a safe method will spring to mind, if you find one please do post it. I would personally love for scripting to be in EO 4.0.

~Kibbelz

> Many debates have started over the scripting system in EO 4.0\. The main/only reason it hasn't been done or been put onto the 'todo' list is purely because scripting allows users who are using the eclipses server hosting facilities and gaining access to the server host via the scripts. Its quite easy to set up and might even result in destroying the server if the person who wrote it had any talent at all, destroying everyone's data who has paid for the server hosting. I'm sure a safe method will spring to mind, if you find one please do post it. I would personally love for scripting to be in EO 4.0.
>
>  
>
> ~Kibbelz

Why not make a separate system that supports scripting. Like the Silver Version comprises of two versions, a normal one and a scripting one. 

EDIT: My question has still not being answered. Is the GUI.dat thing not loaded in the silver version? Is there an editor in Silver version?

The GUI.dat file is only loaded by Gold as Stein said. As for your other comment about the scripting, please refer to this topic as I have addressed it ;).

[http://www.eclipseorigins.com/community/index.php?/topic/133448-because-the-issue-was-brought-up/?view=getnewpost](http://www.eclipseorigins.com/community/index.php?/topic/133448-because-the-issue-was-brought-up/?view=getnewpost)

> The GUI.dat file is only loaded by Gold as Stein said. As for your other comment about the source, please refer to this topic as I have addressed it ;).
>
> [http://www.eclipseorigins.com/community/index.php?/topic/133448-because-the-issue-was-brought-up/?view=getnewpost](http://www.eclipseorigins.com/community/index.php?/topic/133448-because-the-issue-was-brought-up/?view=getnewpost)

The source thing wasn't a question. Locking the topic in the mean time.

P.S sorry for the double post. The post above this should be deleted.