Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm retiring! O_o

balliztik1

*taps mic* Is this thing on? *clears throat*

Okay. I haven't really been around much, but I pop in every now and then to check up on things. But things have gotten a bit much here at home. It's my senior year and I've got a ton of work and such. On top of that, I'm joining the army, so I'll be gone to training for a while anyway. I figured I should make it official here instead of just disappearing.

I'm leaving Eclipse. I've had a good run here. I made some great friends, some of whom I regularly converse with now. It's started me down the road to programming, something I've always wanted to learn. Eclipse has been great. Unfortunately, I just can't keep up with it anymore. It's not all bad though. You guys aren't alone out there. Zananok's back with a vengeance, so I don't feel like I'm leaving a gap in the scripting section.

Like I said, I'm hardly around anymore as it is, but I just figured I'd come back to say one final goodbye. Who knows, maybe I'll wander back someday. Keep up the good work guys. 2.7's a beast, and 2.8's looking even better. You've got a great little program going for you.

With that, I bid thee adieu.

*bow*

Damn man, sad to see you leave but i guess everyone has there time. But im glad you had a good couple years. Hopefully you may pop in sometime and we can have a party.

:(, have a good one hope things clear up with you. Hope the army works out for you.

I'll miss you Balliztik.
You've always been there for me, even when I was a newb with outrageous code requests (when I'll eventually use when I make a game), and you've always been a great member.

I know we all can't stay on Eclipse forever, I make it on when I can; I hope I can always drop in off and on. But there will even be a time, when I need to let go of Eclipse, or atleast announce that I'm going inactive, and will try to stop bye eventually.
After you come home from the combat zone (and I have a very high respect for the military, so thank you for doing your service for the country), and switch on your computer, you'll take some time to say hello to your old friends at eclipse.

The older generations came as newbs. They learned and grew. Then a new generation comes, and they teach that new gen. The old generation leaves, but the new generation will always remember; the new generation teaches the next; they speak of the older generations, and some of those end up as legends.

You'll be one of those legends.

There's no 'goodbye' in my vocabulary; we will meet again. So until next time; cya

Goodbye man.  Thanks to you, I learned Scripting. =]  You'll always be a great friend of mine.  And I'll chat with you sometime on MSN maybe. :D  Hope ya come back eventually.  Eclipse wont be the same without you here.

[Makes note: God Dammit! More and more cool, important people are leaving.]

@Ze:

> Goodbye man.  Thanks to you, I learned Scripting. =]  You'll always be a great friend of mine.  And I'll chat with you sometime on MSN maybe. :D  Hope ya come back eventually.  Eclipse wont be the same without you here.
>
> [Makes note: God Dammit! More and more cool, important people are leaving.]

Everything he said, is what I was going to say.

Thanks guys. I suppose just a couple things to add:

@ Admiral: Thanks a lot. I feel kind of bad saying this after that speech, but I'm not going into combat. >.<  I'm going to training for now. Boot camp and MOS training. I may see combat someday, but that's not what I'm away for.

Keep up the good work yourself, bud. Maybe you can try to make a Script Index like Adulese ;)  (Lol, still embarrassed about that blunder a while back)

@ Tylian: I hope you aren't thinking of me!  :O  I've had my fair share of untabbed code posts, I'll admit, but I wasn't unorganized, I don't think. Someone back me up here! *panic* For some reason when I would copy and paste from UltraEdit, I'd lose tabs about 50% of the time…other times were for laziness or speed, admittedly, but I tried to keep my posts pretty clean.

@ Marsh: Yeah, sad to go, but at the same time I'd rather say goodbye than to just disappear like I've done before.

@ Ze Jester and Munro: It's good to know I helped you guys out. It's always good to hear that you've influenced someone. I tried my best.

@ Everyone: Thanks for all the comments guys. I'll miss Eclipse, but I'll be back some day, I'm sure.

@Balliztik:

> @ Tylian: I hope you aren't thinking of me!  :O  I've had my fair share of untabbed code posts, I'll admit, but I wasn't unorganized, I don't think. Someone back me up here! *panic* For some reason when I would copy and paste from UltraEdit, I'd lose tabs about 50% of the time…other times were for laziness or speed, admittedly, but I tried to keep my posts pretty clean.

Mwuah, that made me laugh ;D

Your code always didn't capitalize the function names right, had horrible tabbing, and variables were randomly placed and named really weird. =D

I think. I'm remember everything being lowercase though and that bothered the hell out of me XD