Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Happy Sunshine Online [HSO] My Game…

easttnqb

I think you shoud not make custom graphic if you cant paint good pictures. Sorry for that but this is true reality, i dont think someone will play with game with that graphics. Just use rpgxp titles or learn to paint (start from photoshop).

@Fred:

> I think you shoud not make custom graphic if you cant paint good pictures. Sorry for that but this is true reality, i dont think someone will play with game with that graphics. Just use rpgxp titles or learn to paint (start from photoshop).

@Fred:

> @♦ Lenton ♦
> Its better if you can draw, he cant.
> Soo… you have copyrighted picture in your signature?

I completely agree with Fred, I would have said so but I didn't want to go overboard and annihilate easttnqb. But yeah, graphics look awful, I doubt anyone would play, and I can't believe that nobody else said it sooner.

@Kreator:

> I completely agree with Fred, I would have said so but I didn't want to go overboard and annihilate easttnqb. But yeah, graphics look awful, I doubt anyone would play, and I can't believe that nobody else said it sooner.

I would play… The graphics are sooo simple and bad, but it looks so unique and something worth playing. I mean, who wouldn't play an eclipse game with graphic like that? (Rhetorical question) With just a bit of touching up, they would be perfect for a game. (more detail tiles like rocks, plants, ect.) Besides, the game IS called Happy Sunshine Online...

Gees, give the guy a break. He actually took the time to make his OWN graphics and didn't use the defult COPYRIGHTED ones. He's just making his game more original and like i have said before there is a thing called EDITING then in later development.

Of course i wish all the best for this game, but author want actual opinion about this graphics and i just say it. Editing its always solution with evertything, but i think its better to make once and good.

If i would be creator of this game and if i want custom sprites - better is first download GOOD graphic program NOT PAINT and read some TUTORIALS to how make graphics, because this is no graphics for me (and its depents how old is easttnqb).

> I think it better to encourage people then to trash them.

I think its better to tell the truth, especialy when he say he want good or bad opinion so he is prepared for it.
Sure you can say "wow its amazing gfx keep good job"… but for what? He will be thinking he is good. After my opinion he will start working about what he doing and to be honest - he have long way for it, i wish him good luck and patience.

@♦:

> Gees, give the guy a break. He actually took the time to make his OWN graphics and didn't use the defult COPYRIGHTED ones. He's just making his game more original and like i have said before there is a thing called EDITING then in later development.

Lots of people make customs, myself and Japez for example. I'm not saying he should use RMXP, I'm saying he should improve before making a game with them. And yes, I know he can update at a later date, but in my opinion, making a game now with his 'skill' will do no good. As Fred said, I doubt he'd get any consistent enthusiastic players with graphics like that.

@Fred:

> If i would be creator of this game and if i want custom sprites - better is first download GOOD graphic program NOT PAINT

I strongly disagree, I highly recommend MS paint for pixeling tiles, if you don't think anything good can be made with it, look at all the GBA games, as well as my own. ;)

@Fred:

> I think its better to tell the truth, especialy when he say he want good or bad opinion so he is prepared for it.
> Sure you can say "wow its amazing gfx keep good job"… but for what? He will be thinking he is good.

100% Agreed

Well, I personally like the graphics. They are all consistant, and that's what matters. Also, the bright and sharp colors go perfect with the game name!

The only thing I suggest, is to make a few more variations of things, like the flowers and bushes, and then the houses; for example the snow map, you should have a house graphic with snow on the roof/drifted along the bottom of the walls, and stuff like that.