Find results that contain...
Find results in...

WTF!!! THIS WRONG!!

XxArchAngelxX

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Google Streetview. They basically took several cameras in a van, and drove around automatically taking an image every second or so. Big whoop.

Also, I DOUBT you can see your liscence plate numbers in it I went to see my house, and may car was parked at the time of the image, and it's maybe 12 feet away from the center of the street, and you can barely tell it's a Colorado plate (only because the green blur, it's an old CO plate when they were still green background):
![](http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v400/annacomnena/streetview-mycar.jpg)
(I blurred/distorted the address, but nothing in the image.)

I'm a borderline paranoid, but this Google maps feature is nothing to worry about. I'd be more concerned about your Internet Service Provider, personally. They can probably know more about you than any random geographical research van cruising by.

@danieltheslayer:

> If you're not in CQC (Close Quarters Combat) shotguns are pretty worthless (why get slugs when you can have a rifle).

Haha video game nomenclature and marksmanship. The majority of civilian firefights occur at ranges at or under 50 yards. That's not very far. Also a shotgun with light pellet shot is the safest weapon for home defense; it won't go through all your interior walls, and is less likely to stray into a neighbor's house if an assailant is missed. And everyone knows the sound of a simple pump shotgun cocking. In a dark house, any burglar hears that, it's time to find a new profession.

@danieltheslayer:

> Horrible for intimidation, since you know only a few pellets may hit you.

You're stupid. And have you ever been hit? A few pellets in the wrong place can be enough to prevent you from running or doing anything without pain. I haven't, nor would I want to.

Wow anna way to beat me to it..

@danieltheslayer:

> If you're not in CQC (Close Quarters Combat) shotguns are pretty worthless (why get slugs when you can have a rifle).

For one, i mentioned the shotgun solely out of the coolness of the shotgun :p

For two, shotguns are cheaper than rifles, and as for ammunition, hunting rounds can be found at walmart, etc, and i dont know what type of rifle your talking about.

And intimidation as anna pointed out.
and even if you know just a few pellets will hit you ( or depending on the distance ) Would you want to get hit?

( and stop mentioning 'combat' in the 'smokes' thread )

Oh ja, something non-retarded to argue about.

> Haha video game nomenclature and marksmanship. The majority of civilian firefights occur at ranges at or under 50 yards. That's not very far. Also a shotgun with light pellet shot is the safest weapon for home defense; it won't go through all your interior walls, and is less likely to stray into a neighbor's house if an assailant is missed. And everyone knows the sound of a simple pump shotgun roostering. In a dark house, any burglar hears that, it's time to find a new profession.

Haha, learn reading comprehension, it helps. Without it has screwed up what I thought people were saying before, but I learned it and it became better. Sometimes I make mistakes though. Anyways, at the context he was using it in, it seemed more than a shotgun's effective range of around 30 meters.

> You're stupid. And have you ever been hit? A few pellets in the wrong place can be enough to prevent you from running or doing anything without pain. I haven't, nor would I want to.

Woo, another person who slings insults when they have disagreements. That's great, because it means your a dolt. Now, that's applicable with anything small. But the chances are favored toward survival, than actually killing the person.

> For one, i mentioned the shotgun solely out of the coolness of the shotgun :p
>
> For two, shotguns are cheaper than rifles, and as for ammunition, hunting rounds can be found at walmart, etc, and i dont know what type of rifle your talking about.
>
> And intimidation as anna pointed out.
> and even if you know just a few pellets will hit you ( or depending on the distance ) Would you want to get hit?

That I agree, depending on the shotgun.
Actually, the price depends on the firearm you are buying. A Marlin 60 sells for around 160$ last I remember, and a Mossberg 500 on google shopping is 300$. It depends on quality, firearm caliber, ease of production, etc. You can get ammo at other places than wal-mart, such as firearm stores and military surplus stores.
You can intimidate anyone with any kind of firearm. No one wants to get shot.

@danieltheslayer:

> Oh ja, something non-retarded to argue about.
> Haha, learn reading comprehension, it helps. Without it has screwed up what I thought people were saying before, but I learned it and it became better. Sometimes I make mistakes though. Anyways, at the context he was using it in, it seemed more than a shotgun's effective range of around 30 meters.

Where did you get the range of 30 meters? Bone never discussed the layout of his neighborhood and what sort of view he has from his window anyway. So yeah, maybe you need some reading comprehension, since you're taking assumptions off of a post which was created as a joke to exaggerate the paranoia level of Google Streetview and turning it into an amateur firearms argument.

> Woo, another person who slings insults when they have disagreements. That's great, because it means your a dolt. Now, that's applicable with anything small. But the chances are favored toward survival, than actually killing the person.

Ok, that is viable. But remember I was writing my original post about Google Streetview, acquiring the image of my car, and appraising the potential "big brother" aspect of the program features. Then I wrote my arguments stating Google Streetview is nothing to be paranoid about, and then I noticed the firearms argument. I noticed it started from Bone's post, which was obviously a jokingly sarcastic exaggeration about paranoia.

So I made my first argument about it, at this point your other post was not existant, so I argued against the supposed "worthless" shotgun effectiveness for civilian defense. I pointed out my arguments there. By the time I was finished and posting, your other comment had appeared, and I wasn't in the mood to argue against an absurd point. Shotguns aren't intimidating? Of the civilian weapons they are the MOST itimidating weapons. Look how they are depicted in movies, blasting movie heroes back 20 feet, blasting massive craters into people's chests… viscious.

Of course, in reality they aren't so bad, but people don't know that because few people know much about firearms because the media trains people that if you so much as touch one you turn into a morally corrupt bloodthirsty savage who clubs baby seals, tortures bunnies, and shoots Bambi's mother on a regular basis.

> **You can intimidate anyone with any kind of firearm. No one wants to get shot.**

So why are you saying a shotgun is a bad idea for home defense? It's the most intimidating weapon readily availible to civilians, short of stupid expensive "tacticool" stuff like an AR-15 with it's stupid mods.

In conclusion:

A shotgun is great for home defense because:
- it has great effectiveness in civilian combat ranges (50 yards ot less)
- it is safe to use in such environments (won't likely go through bedroom walls or into a neighbor's house)
- it is intimidating enough of a weapon to deter violence before it's the only option

And you're an idiot because:
- you used the term "CQC" seriously
- you asserted that a shotgun is not intimidating, then later say all firearms are intimidating
- you assume shotguns are not intimidating because "only a few pellets may hit you"
- you made an **uninformed argument** about firearms in a thread about paranoia and GOOGLE STREETVIEW

Since you don't consider shotguns intimidating, I'll assume you have access to more "intimidating" civilian weapons, and these would most likely be toned down military arms, like AR-15 and the like. So enjoy your tacticool aimpoint sights while you shoot at some burglar and miss and hit your neighbor's cat a block away. I guess I'll just play with a .22 and basic pump shotgun out on the farm like a good redneck tomboy and leave the serious business to experts like you.

yeah I think the photo for my house was taken last year around march or so… The bushes I planted to cover my stucco work when someone drove into my house are still pretty small. Or did that happen on new years this year... anyways... they are older pics. I also have the shadow of the van taking the pics in my pictures

@Bob(bus):

> Well usually when you call someone an idiot, you wanna not look like one yourself.

Quickly typing out something without care for exact grammer doesnt make me look like an idiot, simply hurried.
As opposed to saying many stupid things, such as him.
Get of my back and gfo?

I went on google maps and tested the street view…

My house
![](http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm13/Darkniz1/GoogleMaps1.jpg)

The culprit…. :sad: stalkers
![](http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm13/Darkniz1/GoogleMaps4.jpg)

My friends house(I included the tree because thats what fell on their house during the Hurricane Ike storm)
![](http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm13/Darkniz1/GoogleMaps2.jpg)

The culprit… :sad: STOP FOLLOWING ME XD
![](http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm13/Darkniz1/GoogleMaps3.jpg)

> I am a rapist and I must agree. We rapists actually go up to a house, we would never think of such thing as Google Earth.
>
> Regards,
>   Goddie, the Rapist.

ummm….rape subjects are not good subjects to joke around about -.- i know some ppl that got raped and only hearing the word "rape" makes them go nuts so i am pissed of seeing this  :angry: