Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

First Map (no game name yet)

jazzman170

I think you did great, there is alot of detail and stuff, if this is your first, you have a great future in front of you in mapping maybe…

If you make your own game you can know that the maps will be kick@$$

and if you want to join a game you can know that you will be hired for a good one in less that five minutes

Great work

10/10

the problem with my tilesets is that some of the buildings are in different sets, so all my tilesets are just a big jumbled mess all over the place lol. its a little harder for me to not mix them as i need tiles from 3 or 4 tilesets. well maybe 2 sets actualy. but thanks for the comment! ill definatly keep that in mind and see if i can fix it with using only 1 tileset.

I give this map a rating of 5/10.

Reasons being:

1\. You have mixed tile sets. (-2)

- Do not ever mix tile sets, this being said, it is smart for you to edit the tiles you do not wish to use, out of your tiles.

- Personally, I would instantly logout from the game, were I to see the map upon entering.

2\. The 'detail' in which you have used, needs to be more natural. (-2)

- The plant, rock, tree, flower next to the house on the upper left, needs to be changed. It isn't often you would get such a 'variety' of different objects, right belong side a house, natural or not.

-You can make the detail much nicer, by placing 1 theme of vegetation among the whole map, be it shrubs, grass, flowers or not, but try not to mix everything too much. Sometimes too much detail, can be **too much** detail.

3\. You need to fix your transition areas. These can be found: (-1)

- The road, next to the top left house (the one you shouldn't have there).
- The long grass in the bottom left of the map, bottom left of clump.
- Top, big house, the right hand side of the path leading towards it, does not have a corner piece.

I do applaud you for your first map, you will get there eventually. Practice makes perfect.

I'll rate any other maps you wish to post.

First off your top left house. The one with the red roof. The second window going left to right is too high. It shouldn't overlap the beam.
The area behind the door is darker than t needs to bee and above the door is black. Thats a no-no.
In front of the house with the plants trees and rocks. They seem to have been put ther for no reson. There not even decorative.
The east wing of the red roofed house the window is the wrong type. It comes too close to the bram. And the left side of it theres a bit going down. There shouldn't be.
The maillbox goes into the flowers It shouldn't.

The next house, Yellowroofd one. Wrong tiles mate and again weird plants infront.

The road seems to go into the hoses.

The tree to the front ov the map overlaps the house eventhough itscloser to than the middle than it would appear.

Tats all I can be bothered to say right nw. But I'll be back.

• 3 weeks later...