Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Money in the game

dinezra

How can i make money in my game?
I mean, i want the player got some gold from the monsters, and he can sell some stuff with the seller and he will get money..
how can i do that?

Thanks You [=

By the way, i using TE1.0.. the new version don't working to me =\

EDIT:
well, now i can use TE2.7 [= So please answer me about the last question,and on this:
im write my real IP, and its show "offline" anyway.. =\ why is that?
in TE2.0 its work very well for me =\

well actually in the create item window, select as type CURENCY otherwise it won't work for shops, then obviously when yo uedit the monster they have to kill add by drops the item number where your coins are in, its really basic & easy i guess u will make it.

@DezireSoft:

> You mean EE?  Or do you mean TE? XD
>
> If TE, use TE Final.
>
> I'll help you out too.

Isn't it the same thing? O.O XD
I will happy if you will tell me more about those softwares..
I guess i didn't understood all =\

@♦:

> First off, make the coins as an item.
>
> Then when editing the npc's set the to drop coins.

I tryed it before =\ But every coin takes 1 slot in the inventory.. And if i need to get 1000 coins? O.O

@Tyr:

> well actually in the create item window, select as type CURENCY otherwise it won't work for shops, then obviously when yo uedit the monster they have to kill add by drops the item number where your coins are in, its really basic & easy i guess u will make it.

O.K i'll try it now :) i'll report you if its work..
Thank You :)

@Marsh:

> im write my real IP, and its show "offline" anyway.. =\ why is that?
> in TE2.0 its work very well for me =\
>
> Just use the ip 127.0.0.1 or your router ip, using your external wont work if you have port forwarding set up.

I use Hamachi.. I typed the ip from Hamachi to the "config" bottum..
And the ip 127.0.0.1 is not my ip =\

Thanks about all the posts and the replays :)

O.K thanks you Tyr its work :)
now i dont have problem with the gold :)

But what about my other problems?

And new question:
I make an NPC (monster) and i set it "Attack on Sight"
So why it dont attack me when he see me?
And i did "Attack when attacked" and it doesn't wok too =\ Maybe its because he is too strong for me?
Because in weak NPC's its work with no problems :)

THANKS

@dinezra:

> O.K thanks you Tyr its work :)
> now i dont have problem with the gold :)

no problem, thats where a community is for

@dinezra:

> And more question: lol..
> There is a problem with the paperdoll.. =\
> How can i fix that?

depends what problem it is doesn't it appear anymore or? post screenies when needed.

Hello and good luck with making a game!

I noticed 3 questions,  so let me try answer all even though they answered some already….

1) How do I make currency?    Answer - go to admin control panel  by hitting  F1, go to items editor, name your item  "gold", where it asks what type of item is is ( Armor, helmet, legs, key, etc….) selecy  "currency". This will automatically cause the gold to "stack" Then save that item. Now every time someone collects some currency it will always stack in their inventory and you will see the amount next to it in parentheses  For example......Gold (3,127)

2) How do I get the NPC's to attack me?    You are right to set the NPC's to  "Attack on sight"  BUT  An NPC will never attack an  ADMIN.  May I suggest you make a  "non admin" character to test the NPC's attacking you?  (rare bug - I noticed that sometimes I had to set some music on that map to get the NPC's to attack even a non-admin NPC with TE 1.0,  However, I think you may in fact be using  EE 1,  please double check which engine you are using)

3\. How do I set up the IP Address on my game, when I write my real IP in the game it shows OFFLINE?   Try this.  Turn your server on. You should see a little black and green "E" at the bottom right hand corner of your screen along the tool bar thingy. Click on the little green E  and the Server window will pop up. Go to the tab "Control Panel" Look in the top left area and you will see the servers PORT number and also the IP Address that the server "senses" automatically is yours. Also you should be able to click on the IP Address there and it will cause the browser to open up to "IP Chicken" and thus give you your IP Address. Copy your IP Address.  NOW go to your Folder that says Client. then go to the file in there thats called  "config"  enter your correct  PORT  and  IP Address there. Save the config file.  Then Open up your Client ( same one you use to play the game) It should show the Server as being ONLINE.

P.S.  I have a Tutorial site with the  EXACT step by step guide I used to get my game  Post Nuke going.  I will give you a link to the page I wrote, and perhaps you will want to use some ( not all are mandatory)  tricks I used to make my game work better…...[http://eclipsegames.esmartdesign.com/eclipseevolution.htm](http://eclipsegames.esmartdesign.com/eclipseevolution.htm)

thank you :) i see you spend your time for that post :)
but im sorry, all those questions i get answers already =\
except the third answer from you - ty [=
but the problem its only in EE2.7.. in TE its not =\
and because im use TE so i dont have that problem :)

thank you anyway.. now im will very happy if you could give me answer about the paperdoll [= i have problem with it.. (few previous posts..)

umm.. and sorry about my english XD

Wow, this community is very active and full of new members.

Anyway, I don't get the IP question. Ok You can see what the sever Ip and Port is currently running on by read the title of your Server. From my experience you have to force the server to run on Himachi IP or there another way but I never used it so I forgot. Hope u figure it out.

I need only answer about the paperdoll problem….

Paperdolling

This is optional for Eclipse Games. But it is really neat and can be done if you are willing to spend some time and effort to do it. What it is, is basically when you wear armor or a weapon in the game it actually shows up on your character! And when you change weapons the new weapon shows instead! Yes it is very realistic and interesting.

Here is a brief overview on how to do it…....

1.      Go into the Server Folder and into the  “Data”    file and set the “Paperdolling option to “1”

2.      Make a custom made “Items” sheet which is designed specifically to allow the Paperdolling to function. This will replace the normal "Items" sheet that originally came with your games engine. I personally spent about 50 hours making a custom Items sheet for my game "Post Nuke" ( Also if you are lucky you can get a pre-made paperdoll sheet sometimes) Check here.....[http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/paperdoll.php](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/paperdoll.php) for a pre made sheet

3.      This is basically done by choosing the number of items armor, weapons you want to “appear” on your guy when you wear/wield them. I myself made about 30 items that were "paperdolled" ( Of course down at the VERY bottom of the Items sheet are a group of NON paperdolled items that are used for currency, food, misc items etc…..)

4.      Also make sure you are choosing a paperdolled sheet that is intended for the same SIZE as your sprites sheet characters....ex.  use a  32 x 32  paperdolled sheet if you have  32 x 32 sprites ( characters)  And of course use a 32 x 64  paperdoll sheet if you have  32 x 64 sprites (characters) in your Sprites sheet.

5.      Place these in the special spots in the Items sheet near the top that will facilitate Paperdolling. This will make the sheet refer to a spot further down on the sheet where you have pictures of that item/armor/weapon in all 12 positions that a character will need to be seen when holding that item. (It is part of the softwares functioning in the Eclipse game engine that goes into action when you set the paperdoll function to "1" on the Data file in the server folder)

6.      All the items that are paperdolled will need to be represented down below in all 12 of the positions. This can be done by actually using a character to “position the item” then deleting the character so that only the item remains. I have spent many hours "adjusting" the position so that the papderdoll appears correct. It is  VERY  helpful if all your characters in all the classes are the exact smae shape, width, and heighth, because then if someone picks a different class of character it will also show up correctly on the character in game. I know this idea very well since I have almost 10 different types of characters in my game!

7.      Of paramount importance is “where” the item will appear when paperdolled, that is to say you must “paste” the paperdolled 12 positions in the proper slot down below so it appears on your guy when you”wear” it. One trick to doing this is to “number” each slot down below so that when you “wear” the item you will see the appropriate number of where the paperdolled 12 positions item need to be pasted. For example.........when you “wear” a red crown,  the red crown will need to be in the proper slot down below so that your character in game appears to be “wearing” the red crown.

8.      Perhaps it will clarify this if you look at this “pre made” Paperdolled sheet. It has some good pictures and little explanations of how a paperdolled "Items" sheet functions......

-----------------------------------------> [![](http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/2756/itemspaperdolledwithexpms3.th.jpg)](http://img118.imageshack.us/my.php?image=itemspaperdolledwithexpms3.jpg)[![](http://img118.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gif)](http://g.imageshack.us/thpix.php) <–----------------------------------------------

The only thing I could tell you is to follow the steps I listed above.  I think maybe  you missded one of the steps?

If not  then Id have  to get onto your game and take a look…. hmmm......but try rechecking first that you've done all the steps.

PS  What is your main language? I think there might be a bit of communication problem here