• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Dynamic Items

mrmiguu

@Gh0st:

> Alright dumb ass.

-_-" no need to call him like that.

anyway on topic, i think working with ini files is going to be like hell. as eery player can have more unique items.
first of all you have to integrate the boost on the item itself, witch will cause no trouble on trading, dropping, etc…

don't jump on me and tell me that i don't know how to code that. apparantly thats not the point. its about the main idea. and thrust me, this is possible in this way.

PS: he's from poland for the ones who didn't know.

No it's not an error in english. He said Xeross's idea was stupid. But the only reason he said it was stupid was because he didn't understand how it could work. I don't think you should call someone's idea stupid unless you understand how it works and it, in fact, doesn't work.

Problem is it would work with INIs. So the idea isn't stupid.

@Gh0st:

> Alright dumb ass.

I realy harmed you.
If you want to talk about that you can do it with your friends and family, forum its for discussion not for childrish massages.

@Gh0st:

> 1) Only thing I haven't thought of but that could be handled with a bit more of coding.

Erm… yea with another bigger INIs?

@Gh0st:

> 2) Yes I know how an INI file would look, but does it Ducking matter what it looks like? you're not the one looking at it, the computer is and as long as you type stuff in correctly you won't have to worry about it.

Yes it does matter. That bigs ini files will be lagging your server, when you will have more players.

@Gh0st:

> 3) He didn't say anything about monsters dropping a premodded weapon.

I guess its because its not working on that? Then its not dynamic.

@Gh0st:

> 4) I'm not showing code because I haven't done it because I've been doing other things. and it's not hard to understand if you utilize the big squishy thing in your brain.

You resolved my dubs in your post… i dont wanna see this code now i can imagine now how its looks like. That what i thought.

@Gh0st:

> Ok, let me break this down a little more for you -.-
>
> Player 1 has a BIG SWORD with +5 STR…
> Player 2 does not ='(
> Player 1 trades Player 2 and offers BIG SWORD +5 STR
>
> Server does a check in the ini to see if Player 1 had mods on BIG SWORD
> Player 1 does, So server saves all his mods to variables in the source and then clears his INI values to 0
> Player 2 receives the item
> Server saves the stored variables to the INI file under Player 2's name.
> Understand now?

I understood it from beggining, i went only confirmation. Because i was hope you are not s… seriously on that what you say.

And BTW think about what you say...

@Gh0st:

> 4) I'm not showing code because I haven't done it because I've been doing other things. and it's not hard to understand if you utilize the big squishy thing in your brain.

and after
@Gh0st:

> he said it was stupid was because he didn't understand how it could work. I don't think you should call someone's idea stupid unless you understand how it works and it, in fact, doesn't work.

So its look like YOU dont know how it works because you dont see this code, but you are defending him of course… n/c.

@Gh0st:

> Problem is it would work with INIs. So the idea isn't stupid.

O rly? Eveyrthing in eclipse work on ini files… but the way how you write it here its just trerrible and im suprised you didnt see this. This system have much laks in optimization and in working (you cant example say what will be when someone drop item on ground).

If you wanna to defending your Xeross friend then invite him to this discussion because i thing he have more competence to talking about this system. Because you didnt see the code and you dont know how it looks in practise.

@Gh0st:

> I don't think you should call someone's idea stupid unless you understand how it works and it, in fact, doesn't work.

Its looks like i understood it better than you now.
And i think you should not defendig in that heroism your crappy system.

@Gh0st:

> Alright dumb ass. I figured maybe you'd have a good enough brain to understand how this works.

That was rather uncalled for. You could have explained your side to him without insulting him. And besides, from my knowledge Fred is a very proficient coder. I assume he would know quite a bit about dynamic items.

Don't let this break into a flamewar guys, I'll be watching. Keep the peace.

Dude I'm not even friends with Xeross. I just saw his idea and thought about it and it would work. And no, you don't understand it better than I do. Just because I don't wanna write out the code because I'm working on other things doesn't mean I don't understand it. I just fully explained it to you. But whatever. You think whatever you want dude.

@Rithy58:

> How about make the items' strength and stuff like the Dur and save it with the char.dat?
> Would that work?

You just find my idea:D
I just finished it up. It takes me 40 min for server and 30 minutes for client changes.
I tested it and it works very nice for now;)

I think there is no other way to make it.

Ok ive done my code. I done it in this same way how durability its make. IMO its the best way you can do it.

Prove:

![](http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/9798/beztytuutl2.jpg)

little translation:
22 Regeneracji HP - 22 HP Regeneration
34 Obrony - 34 Defense

All its full dynamic and i will make it soon dropable by random bonuses in Aphelion Online :D