Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My newest custom paperdoll!

zade_o

yeah. My game is called Vikings (accidentally deleted my signature -.-) but yeh, all bosses(gods) in the game are giant sized, like 3 or 4 times bigger than players.

I drew it from scratch. Pixel by pixel. Same with the straw hat, the brassard, and the robes he's wearing.

Hard to tell. Would say a month, but then I gotta keep in mind that my winter break is busy as hell. Then I would say two months but then I remember that at the end of winter break I get all new classes and I have to re-assess the amount of work I have to put into classes lol. Not to mention I'm working alone.

i saw you in the source section first asking some easy questions to me… the ni see you posting a huge command bar script and then i see this???

hell ur making alot of progress :D i rly like your gfx style etc :)
when will u be posting a wip?

- Tyr

Well, IMO, the only other attack pattern without a good chunk of source editing would be holding the sword up and swinging it down which is unrealistic as well. The majority of sword wielding people would hold it out or just hold it hanging straight out and tilted down and then when they attack they lift it and swing but i don't feel like implementing a 10 frame attack movement >.< so i'm fine with the upward slash, it's not that important. Plus with the upward slash, swords don't cover the majority of the chest and helm..

That sword is a mess, it has no detail, shading, depth, predetermined palette that blends with other colors used in the mockup, its blocky, the line work is terrible, and it looks messed.

I'm not sure what the blue stuff on it is supposed to be, but its definately not realistic in any shape or form. It looks like random scribble…

@Anna:

> It has TONS of detail though, and atleast the hilt has plent of shading and depth.

I hope your joking. The hilt is 3 bright saturated colors, which randomly scribbled on. Much of which has replaced any sort of outline, therefore making it look incredibly glitchy on a darker background. The sword blade's lighting makes little sense, the helmet and shoulders show that the light source is top left, yet the blade is brighter the lower the further it reaches the bottom right corner.

There's no depth on the hilt, the hilt doesn't appear to have any shape at all. He hasn't softened outlines or anything, Some of his 'shading' is in fact outside the outline of the sword, which is just messed up.

Nor does the helmet or skirt thing show depth, as far as we know he could be laying down on the ground, holding the sword towards the sky… or something. Yeah its truly messed up.

The hilt is well defined and has good shading. I like the stalagtite or icicle effect from it, I think that's what you aren't getting. It adds another other-worldly aspect of the weapon which is neat. Again the only thing I dislike is the blade shape is undefined, looks more like a billy club or something than a sword, even an ethereal sword.