Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Kingdom Dew's Graphic Improve

hisherwin

There nice. But dude, ANYTHING from ANY rpgmaker RTP is not allowed to be used for any game outside of the rpgmaker engine. Just be aware. If your going to Frakensprite(1), then make sure you do it well. Other wise, nice job.

(1)*Frakensprite- The process in taking a bunch of graphics and recreating them into somthing new.

> There nice. But dude, ANYTHING from ANY rpgmaker RTP is not allowed to be used for any game outside of the rpgmaker engine. Just be aware. If your going to Frakensprite(1), then make sure you do it well. Other wise, nice job.

They are not Frankensprited. If you read, you see he says he made these custom. They've got the same/a similar palette, and a similar feel, because he used the original RMXP graphics as reference.

You've halved the size of RPGMaker tiles - big whoop. To say they're inspired is misleading when they're nothing more than rehashed copies.

Considering they aren't even altered enough to save you from copyright infringement, I don't know what the point of this was.

> You've halved the size of RPGMaker tiles - big whoop. To say they're inspired is misleading when they're nothing more than rehashed copies.
>
>  
>
> Considering they aren't even altered enough to save you from copyright infringement, I don't know what the point of this was.

Please refrain from insulting people when you have no idea what you're talking about. If you took the time to actually look and compare, they aren't anything like the RPGM tiles on a pixel base. In fact he may have used a similar palette but if he didn't these wouldn't look anything like RPGM. 

Once again, another stupid insult on Eclipse. I'm noticing a pattern with you.

> Please refrain from insulting people when you have no idea what you're talking about. If you took the time to actually look and compare, they aren't anything like the RPGM tiles on a pixel base. In fact he may have used a similar palette but if he didn't these wouldn't look anything like RPGM.

Sherwin has a unique art style that he's shared with us several times already and that this looks nothing like it. People typically don't drastically morph technique like that unless something fishy is going on. But, for the sake of proving that _you have no idea what you're talking about_… let's ignore that first red flag.

20 minutes of using RPG Maker on default:

>! ![](http://i.imgur.com/u2zw3WM.png)    ![](http://eatenbrain.com/filehost/files/bd1880484ff07565b32a49c197a41b89.PNG)

There's nothing wrong with wanting to shrink and customize the RPG Maker tileset a bit. 

However, ripping someone else's work, claiming it as 100% your own, and expecting a pat on the back for it doesn't sit right with me. It shouldn't sit right with you either.

> Once again, another stupid insult on Eclipse. I'm noticing a pattern with you.

Oh? Would you mind going into detail with this claim before you come off as a hypocrite?

> Please refrain from insulting people when you have no idea what you're talking about. If you took the time to actually look and compare, they aren't anything like the RPGM tiles on a pixel base. In fact he may have used a similar palette but if he didn't these wouldn't look anything like RPGM. 
>  
> Once again, another stupid insult on Eclipse. I'm noticing a pattern with you.

Nook came up with some valid points. The tile set Sherwin has created would not get past copyright infringements and as for the palette, creating the palette is half of the design when it comes to making graphics in my opinion.

Also, I'm pretty sure Nook knows what he's talking about when it comes to art. He has shown some quite respectable art on this community while he has been here.